• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does man fail to realize his supernatural nature?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I think, Willamena's point is,
that in the very act of realizing a thing,
we have realized it.

but I could be wrong.

That's the right of it. Supernatural, in this case, being the power of the mind to realize the mystery of its own separate being.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
That's the right of it. Supernatural, in this case, being the power of the mind to realize the mystery of its own separate being.
Or perhaps the power of the mind to project an artificial border that creates the illusion of its own separate being...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So...are we to discount supernatural events?
Shall we chalk off walking on water? raising the dead?

If we do so...are we not chalking off long standing religions?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Supernatural, in this case, being the power of the mind to realize the mystery of its own separate being.

OK, I understand the question now. Some, like the Black Magician realize the separateness of their own Being as something unique and antithetical to the natural order of things, and seek to embrace and to cultivate it. While others do not realise this unique aspect of the human equation. And others could care less, such things don't even enter into their "brains".

As I've said before though, mans' unique non-natural nature has, through aeons of evolution, become a part of his nature. Humanity is both a physical and a metaphysical creature.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Willamena,

Just a small correction; EDIT/ERASE the word *separate* from the above sentence.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Guitar's Cry,

Does a tree fail to realize it is a forest?

Firstly one has to be a tree and next the tree never labelled itself as a tree nor does it know what a forest is so it [the question] would be only a speculation.

Love & rgds

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Firstly one has to be a tree and next the tree never labelled itself as a tree nor does it know what a forest is so it [the question] would be only a speculation.

Of course. :)

The tree is simply treeing. A forest simply forests. Humans have this knack for humaning and superhumaning and dehumaning.

Maybe we're all universing even when we don't realize it.

But that's yes and no.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Willamena,

Yes, honey, there is! Else "special" is exempted from the universe.

You are missing the point.
It is the MIND that labeled something as *SPECIAL* / *SUPER* / etc.
They are only categorization by the MIND.

Love & rgds

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

Love & rgds
What about the point that there is "no self" to identify with things of the mind?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Friend Willamena,

Love & rgds

This is true. Is there anything beyond categorization? If it is, and our label of "nature" is a mindful thing, then what is beyond is supernatural. But do we experience beyond the mind?

If we do not, then our labels have more power than we normally are aware of. And if we can, even in the simple peace of Being, we are Being Minds.