• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does man fail to realize his supernatural nature?

Orias

Left Hand Path
So....spiritual life and supernatural life are different?
Okay...I'll play.
You draw the line.

All beings are spiritual, for all animals care for their young, and remember emotional memories. Hence spiritual rememberance and mourning of death makes one spiritual.

Remember what once was...and acknowledging what is.

There is no line, there just is what is...existence :D

Orias

Left Hand Path
For ME personally

Super'Natural translates as
Ultra'Violet

Things can mean so many things.

Super can be so many things.
so can Natural.

Sure :D

Super is of the natural, so everything in existence is natural but it can be super :D. Like our minds for example

We create ideals, concepts, things, and what not. But we also destroy. Which means the power we hold can be greater than others...right?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well lumping everything into this life will make all things brief...very brief.

How about walking on water....
Raising the dead....
Storms go away, cause you said so.....
How about life after death?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
What "supernatural" nature would that be, Patty?
I like your previous reply better (we've been through this).

Edit: Sorry to be curt. I refer to the image of "me" that is particular from the universe.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
So is "Is". :D

Ha well of course. But we are, stars are, dust is.

Like my signature...You have labled to me give voice to your perceptions...I simply am...

So in a sense I guess we are of supernatural nature, in the meaning that man was bound to think of such things. But supernatural wouldn't be if man had not been what is natural, for you cannot exceed the natural.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Okay...so this is under religious.... theological...and 'super' as in above or beyond?

Are we going to eventually discuss some action or event that exceeds what we are able to perceive...or perform?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Okay...so this is under religious.... theological...and 'super' as in above or beyond?

Are we going to eventually discuss some action or event that exceeds what we are able to perceive...or perform?

Existence?...

Rise above perception.

Become what is not :D (death)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Existence?...

Rise above perception.

Become what is not :D (death)

A little vague there....death is natural.
How about....knowing in advance what will happen tomorrow....
and to know it.... as if you had been witness to it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
How about "being"? That's a good one.

Not being sarcastic here, but the concept of "being" is linguistic, which is to say that with language we bring it (and everything that is) to life.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How about "being"? That's a good one.

Not being sarcastic here, but the concept of "being" is linguistic, which is to say that with language we bring it (and everything that is) to life.

Nope!...rocks are...and there is nothing 'super' about them.

How about....slipping into a position to avoid injury....before you can perceive the danger.
(I've done this.)