• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Love Conquer All?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can love overcome an age gap of, say, 30 years?

Can love overcome ingrained racial or ethic prejudice on the part of both partners?

Can love overcome a difference in deeply held religious beliefs between the partners?

Can love overcome a difference in deeply held political beliefs between the partners?

Can love overcome mutual hatred?

Can love overcome fear?

If you said that love can overcome any of these things, can you think of anything besides love that works just as well or better to overcome any of these differences? If so, what is it?

Is there anything love cannot, under any circumstances, overcome? If so, what is it?

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The urge to fornicate is one of the stronger motivating factors, and often overrides most other considerations.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Can love overcome ingrained racial or ethic prejudice on the part of both partners?

Can love overcome a difference in deeply held religious beliefs between the partners?

Can love overcome a difference in deeply held political beliefs between the partners?

Can love overcome fear?

If you said that love can overcome any of these things, can you think of anything besides love that works just as well or better to overcome any of these differences? If so, what is it?

Is there anything love cannot, under any circumstances, overcome? If so, what is it?

Love can overcome anything dependant onthe target of said love

Arav

Jain

Can love overcome fear?

Love can conquer all, so long as it is focused towards the right thing, or person. If it is focused towards the right thing, or person, then there is nothing it will not conquer.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Love always gets it's way in the end. Usually through nagging.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love seems to usually have a problem overcoming debilitating physical and mental illness.

joea

Oshoyoi

FREEDOM..because all that is valuable in this life grows in the soil and climate of freedom..

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Can love overcome fear?

There's not much that I doubt love can motivate someone to do. I believe in love as a powerful emotional force... I think it can overcome hatred, racism, sexism, religion, really I can't think of anything that can stop love besides physically separating people or devising a way in which they could never grow feelings for one another; and that goes beyond just sexual love but also Platonic love between non-sex partners.

Bismillah

Submit
If you think about it society today is driven more by fear than any other emotion. Fear of criticism of others, fear of being alone in an increasingly social world, fear of economic poverty etc. etc. In today's world, there doesn't seem to be a place for love to find its nichce.

yes it can, i'd charge at a full grown bear if it meant someone i loved was in danger haha
Yes, but if confronted with your worst fear can love really overcome it? Such as in Orwell's novel 1984, can we really do anything in the face of our most potent phobia. Orwell describes as a revulsion and fear of a subject so strong that none of us would be condemnable for looking merely at our own survival.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Orwell describes as a revulsion and fear of a subject so strong that none of us would be condemnable for looking merely at our own survival.

It can be harder depending on your attachment to someone, but I know without a doubt that I'd face my darkest fears for Alicia, my girlfriend and soon-to-be fiance. I'd take a bullet for her without question if it would save her, I'd face my deepest darkest fears if it kept her safe from harm.