• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Judaism have Doctrine of Original Sin and if not why does Christianity?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Does Judaism have Doctrine of Original Sin and if not why does Christianity?
It's one of those interesting distinguishing things about Christianity and Judaism. As far as I know there is no concept or doctrine of original sin in Judaism yet there is one in Christianity.

Given the close ties that Christianity has with Judaism at least in terms of its origins, why is such a crucial doctrine missing in Judaism? Where did it come from, how did it develop and were there those of the Jewish community who believed in such a doctrine or still do?
There is no concept or doctrine of original sin in Judaism, that is true.
Jesus never said that he believed in the concept or doctrine of original sin.
It is a notion promulgated by the Church, never authorized by Jesus. If I am wrong, please quote from Jesus. Right, please?
Regards

Faithofchristian

It's one of those interesting distinguishing things about Christianity and Judaism. As far as I know there is no concept or doctrine of original sin in Judaism yet there is one in Christianity.

Given the close ties that Christianity has with Judaism at least in terms of its origins, why is such a crucial doctrine missing in Judaism? Where did it come from, how did it develop and were there those of the Jewish community who believed in such a doctrine or still do?

Most Christians are taught, That the original sin was committed by Adam and Eve.
But this is false teaching of man's.

The original sin was committed by Satan, back before Adam and Eve came into existence.