• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does god care if some decide not to believe in him?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
they just make up images about god in their own head rather than consulting scriptures. :rolleyes:

Except that is exactly what those who authored of the scriptures did. Personally, I don't give a damn how a bunch of ancient, primitive goat herders perceived and portrayed god.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Except that is exactly what those who authored of the scriptures did. Personally, I don't give a damn how a bunch of ancient, primitive goat herders perceived and portrayed god.
I do not refer to the Bible to get information about God because there are more accurate and easier to understand depictions of God in the Writings of Baha'u'llah. :)

Jumi

To answer the topic and not so much the content of the post; nope. God would not care what you believe.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
23 jun 2018 stvdv 012 26
If god is the father, some of his children say he wants all of his children to follow and get in the family business.

Does god care if some decide not to believe in him?

Very good post. Important question for evangelists. Do not start evangelizing/proselytizing if you don't know the answer I would say.

God won't care If God does NOT exist
God won't care If God does exist

[This one can be proven easily even]

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Do all parents make their children follow the family business or are some if not most allowed or even encouraged to find their own way?

If god is the father, some of his children say he wants all of his children to follow and get in the family business. Only in the father's...journal, it says his children are incapable of knowing what their own father thinks or operates. Can the children who have decided to follow the family business truly say that all the kids have to be put into the family business without a doubt?

They also say that the father is an understanding and merciful manager of the family business, it seems to me that this benevolent and merciful GM wouldn't mind if a few 100 million, out of a few billion employees, decide not to join his corporation. and instead find purpose elsewhere. Would the other managers in this conglomerate of corporations really care if a few decided to make work not in peddling of belief? I doubt it.

I think that these managers are chilling with their cloudy feet on their desk, while their employees are running around thinking they know the business plan of their unknowable manager. But the managers at the top of the building aren't concerned with the scheming and plotting of his employees, because their lofty office lies outside of space time and existence.
It’s in following a religious business plan that things get shady. A prophet that’s starts a religious business plan is representing a heavenly manager or boss that they insist exists but it seems at times they are not following any orders of an actual boss but possibly just making stuff up. At least at work I know the corporate ladder actually exists but if I don’t agree with their model they’d probably rather have some loyalist honestly.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't think your analogy quite applies to God, the Creator. Believing in God is not the same as choosing to become part of a business, but rather accepting life and existence itself. In God is life, we live, move, and have our being ...

God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being...(Acts 17:24-28)

God has designed humans to exist relationship with Himself...this is life, eternal LIFE.
I couldn't agree more.

1 Corinthians 2:9
9 But as Scripture says:
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
the things that God has prepared
for those who love him
.”
10 God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, especially the deep things of God.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Do all parents make their children follow the family business or are some if not most allowed or even encouraged to find their own way?

If god is the father, some of his children say he wants all of his children to follow and get in the family business. Only in the father's...journal, it says his children are incapable of knowing what their own father thinks or operates. Can the children who have decided to follow the family business truly say that all the kids have to be put into the family business without a doubt?

They also say that the father is an understanding and merciful manager of the family business, it seems to me that this benevolent and merciful GM wouldn't mind if a few 100 million, out of a few billion employees, decide not to join his corporation. and instead find purpose elsewhere. Would the other managers in this conglomerate of corporations really care if a few decided to make work not in peddling of belief? I doubt it.

I think that these managers are chilling with their cloudy feet on their desk, while their employees are running around thinking they know the business plan of their unknowable manager. But the managers at the top of the building aren't concerned with the scheming and plotting of his employees, because their lofty office lies outside of space time and existence.

An interesting verse in the Qur'an talks about this:

"And (let) not grieve you those who hasten in(to) [the] disbelief. Indeed, they never will harm Allah (in) anything."

Surah 3:176

Etritonakin

All will eventually believe in God -as he will reveal himself to all -but the most important thing of all is everyone NOT going their own way AS FAR AS THE BASIC RULES OF EXISTENCE ARE CONCERNED -WHICH ALLOW FOR FREEDOM AND MINIMAL GOVERNMENT.
Where there is little personal responsibility, there is necessarily much government.
God has revealed himself to some over time more directly than others -and was usually rejected.
Those to whom he revealed himself did not have the experience necessary to know and choose him -so he left us to experience to a certain degree -until we become prepared.
People on earth do not simply "find purpose" elsewhere, but often make trouble, calamity, disaster, war, etc., etc. because they do not keep the "law of love" and refuse the guidance of one with complete knowledge, vision and absolute positive regard.
Therefore, they become LESS FREE -because their future is filled with troubles and sorrows.

When all are willing -because they understand and have experienced otherwise -to accept his light government and become personally responsible in obeying the law of love, they can be FREE TO CREATE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CREATION WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE MICROMANAGED, BUT ORDERED BY BENEFICIAL GOVERNMENT -WITHOUT FEAR OF THAT WHICH WE SEE ON EARTH.

God's business is CREATION and DELIGHT IN IT -and the meek inherit not only the Earth, but also later the entire creation -even "the heavens" which were "formed to be inhabited".

The following LITERALLY means that the children of God -made immortal -will inherit the ENTIRE creation -AND NOT ONLY KEEP IT FROM SPIRITUAL CORRUPTION , BUT STABILIZE IT PHYSICALLY (underline mine -creature=creation)

Rom 8:18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

When we become incorruptible, we will literally be given bodies with power over cosmic events -power over the forces of nature -to make of the universe that which we will......

Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO BE IN THAT BUSINESS?

1 John 5:1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
All will eventually believe in God -as he will reveal himself to all -but the most important thing of all is everyone NOT going their own way AS FAR AS THE BASIC RULES OF EXISTENCE ARE CONCERNED -WHICH ALLOW FOR FREEDOM AND MINIMAL GOVERNMENT.
Where there is little personal responsibility, there is necessarily much government.
God has revealed himself to some over time more directly than others -and was usually rejected.
Those to whom he revealed himself did not have the experience necessary to know and choose him -so he left us to experience to a certain degree -until we become prepared.
People on earth do not simply "find purpose" elsewhere, but often make trouble, calamity, disaster, war, etc., etc. because they do not keep the "law of love" and refuse the guidance of one with complete knowledge, vision and absolute positive regard.
Therefore, they become LESS FREE -because their future is filled with troubles and sorrows.

When all are willing -because they understand and have experienced otherwise -to accept his light government and become personally responsible in obeying the law of love, they can be FREE TO CREATE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CREATION WITHOUT NEEDING TO BE MICROMANAGED, BUT ORDERED BY BENEFICIAL GOVERNMENT -WITHOUT FEAR OF THAT WHICH WE SEE ON EARTH.

God's business is CREATION and DELIGHT IN IT -and the meek inherit not only the Earth, but also later the entire creation -even "the heavens" which were "formed to be inhabited".

The following LITERALLY means that the children of God -made immortal -will inherit the ENTIRE creation -AND NOT ONLY KEEP IT FROM SPIRITUAL CORRUPTION , BUT STABILIZE IT PHYSICALLY (underline mine -creature=creation)

Rom 8:18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

When we become incorruptible, we will literally be given bodies with power over cosmic events -power over the forces of nature -to make of the universe that which we will......

Phil 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO BE IN THAT BUSINESS?

1 John 5:1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

you mad bro? caps lock rage.

WalterTrull

Godfella
or dissenters will mysteriously vanish.
Or maybe they're not true dissenters after all, just sort of lost. It still seems amazing to me that folks need to be taught to walk towards the light. I might have that backwards. It still seems amazing to me that folks are taught to walk away from the light.

Etritonakin

Oh, I know I shouldn't do this, but …
My hunch is we'll see much, much more government, but we'll like it.
Depends what is meant. Guidance/order vs enforcement.
Technically, everything will be the government of God -and it will forever increase.

Isaiah 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

WalterTrull

Godfella
Depends what is meant. Guidance/order vs enforcement.
Technically, everything will be the government of God -and it will forever increase.

Isaiah 9:6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Yeah, that.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
justification for all genocides, great, that's the diseased mindset that allows them to happen in the first place.

InChrist

Free4ever
Wow, such an arrogant, dismissive attitude. You may feel looking down on those "primitive" writers of the OT makes you appear intellectually superior, but it reveals a complete lack of understanding and an unsophisticated view of ancient literature.