• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does god care if some decide not to believe in him?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is God subject to change/time?
Because the Ninevite people repented then God changed His mind according to Jonah 2:10.
However, God is Not subject to change or time for the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth to begin.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It doesn't take much to be "intellectually superior" to people who sold their own daughters into sexual slavery: Exodus 21:7-11
What verse says sexual slavery. They were under the Golden Rule as per Leviticus 19:18.
Being ' betrothed ' is Not sexual slavery - Exodus 21:8-9
Capital punishment was the price for fornication or adultery.
If she was sexually used she would Not be put to death because she was innocent.
At Leviticus 19:20 the King James Bible wrongly used the word 'scourged' when the Hebrew word was 'investigation'

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Because the Ninevite people repented then God changed His mind according to Jonah 2:10.
However, God is Not subject to change or time for the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth to begin.

Then your god is not God, i.e. Supreme. "For the start," and "1,000-year governmental rule" are indicative of subjection to change/time.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What verse says sexual slavery. They were under the Golden Rule as per Leviticus 19:18.
Being ' betrothed ' is Not sexual slavery - Exodus 21:8-9
Capital punishment was the price for fornication or adultery.
If she was sexually used she would Not be put to death because she was innocent.
At Leviticus 19:20 the King James Bible wrongly used the word 'scourged' when the Hebrew word was 'investigation'

They sold their own daughters like property, forcing them into marriages against their will. What do you think happens then? Read between the lines.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Then your god is not God, i.e. Supreme. "For the start," and "1,000-year governmental rule" are indicative of subjection to change/time.

Sure, I find the God of the Bible is The Supreme Sovereign.
Genesis 3:15 (the first prophecy) shows change/time.
The promised ' seed ' (Messiah) would bring change such as found at Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14.
That ' time/change' is soon coming starting with the coming ' time of separation ' as found at Matthew 25:31-33.

Sleeppy

Sure, I find the God of the Bible is The Supreme Sovereign.
Genesis 3:15 (the first prophecy) shows change/time.
The promised ' seed ' (Messiah) would bring change such as found at Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14.
That ' time/change' is soon coming starting with the coming ' time of separation ' as found at Matthew 25:31-33.

Supremacy ≠ subjection.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Supremacy ≠ subjection.
We are all free to act responsibly toward God as Jesus taught. Recognizing the Golden Rule benefits all.
And Jesus' new commandment of John 13:34-35 shows ' love ' ( self-sacrificing love for others ) is the hallmark of acting responsibly toward God.

Sleeppy

We are all free to act responsibly toward God as Jesus taught. Recognizing the Golden Rule benefits all.
And Jesus' new commandment of John 13:34-35 shows ' love ' ( self-sacrificing love for others ) is the hallmark of acting responsibly toward God.

Self-righteousness ≠ righteousness. God is the only source/cause of righteousness.

Shaul

Premium Member
G-d cares about us and all we do. What significance that has is fodder for religious debate. If you really meant to ask if G-d will send you to hell for not “believing” in Him, I say no. That is Christian theology, but Judaism doesn’t agree that is necessarily so.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Self-righteousness ≠ righteousness. God is the only source/cause of righteousness.
I agree that God is the only source/cause of righteousness, and we can choose God's righteousness.
We can use our free-will choices in favor of God's righteousness.
I find the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:37 choose to follow and accept God's righteous standards.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
G-d cares about us and all we do. What significance that has is fodder for religious debate. If you really meant to ask if G-d will send you to hell for not “believing” in Him, I say no. That is Christian theology, but Judaism doesn’t agree that is necessarily so.

I find there is a BIG difference between 'biblical hell' and the often taught 'religious-myth hell ' teaching of burning.
Since the ' dead know nothing ' according to King Solomon at Ecclesiastes 9:5, and the psalmists agree such as saying the dead are in a sleep-like state at Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4, then 'scriptural hell' is just the temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.

So, the 'send you to hell' (hell fire) is a false teaching of Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ).
Apostate Christianity developed at the end of the first century and continues to our day or time frame.

Sleeppy

I agree that God is the only source/cause of righteousness, and we can choose God's righteousness.
We can use our free-will choices in favor of God's righteousness.
I find the figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:37 choose to follow and accept God's righteous standards.

Choices are illusions. What causes you to do righteousness? God, who is all-knowing and all-powerful. You cannot cause yourself. What causes you to do evil? Limitation, i.e. ignorance and/or inability.

Belief in free will is the root cause of self-righteousness.