• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I never said any such thing. Are you mentally challenged, or are you intoxicated?
Go look at your posts. Every JW I have met on the internet say that I am putting the governing body down (they all use different words but all the words they use for what I do are disparaging to me) by my asking questions (they can't or won't answer) and by my disagreeing with them about the meaning of scripture. Do I disagree they should lead a people called Jehovah's Witnesses? No. Do I call them bad names? No. Do I say anything about them unless I am answering on forum? No. I mind my own business. MY business is to get to the truth. Will you answer my questions?

MikeSavage

Go look at your posts. Every JW I have met on the internet say that I am putting the governing body down (they all use different words but all the words they use for what I do are disparaging to me) by my asking questions (they can't or won't answer) and by my disagreeing with them about the meaning of scripture. Do I disagree they should lead a people called Jehovah's Witnesses? No. Do I call them bad names? No. Do I say anything about them unless I am answering on forum? No. I mind my own business. MY business is to get to the truth. Will you answer my questions?
Well, I don't care what "every other JW does. It's not my concern. I never said what you claim I said. Your questions are worded in a way that one could draw the conclusion that you claim. I for one, am leaving now to go to work. Caio.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I don't care what "every other JW does. It's not my concern. I never said what you claim I said. Your questions are worded in a way that one could draw the conclusion that you claim. I for one, am leaving now to go to work. Caio.
I hope for your sake that saying you do not care what every other JW does is only a figure of speech.

Mike, The scriptures say you are wrong. both Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven long before Jesus Christ was born.
And the 144,000 of Rev.7 were not the only ones of earth to be in heaven.
(7:9) states this, """"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"''''
Therefore, the scriptures dispute the conclusions of the "Governing Body".

Enoch and Elija were not taken to heaven,the dwelling place of God.They were taken into the sky,not the spirit realm,in heaven.The holy scriptures speaks of different heavens.Heavens even has symbolic reference in some passages.It can refer to high position,governments.
The holy scriptures makes it very clear that only Jesus has ascended to heaven.Here in this scripture Jesus explains to Nicodemus that only he has ascended into heaven. John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

So we can take the word of Jesus.There is no contradiction.It is merely a misconception.Once someone has learned about that many heavens spoken of in the holy scriptures, then it begins to make sense to many.

Mike, The scriptures say you are wrong. both Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven long before Jesus Christ was born.
(7:9) states this, """"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"''''

On the subject of the 144,000,If you read carefully and notice what it says ,you will come to find out it's just another misconception.It makes it very clear in the holy scriptures that there is a little flock and then there are the other sheep.This little flock consist of those blessed with the holy spirit by God.Like those at the pentecost of 33C.E. These are a selected few that are to reign with Jesus Christ while in heaven.God's government.

The ones who do not have this heavenly hope,they will reside on earth forever, in a paradise.Just as it was intended from the beginning with Adam and Eve before the fall.You can look at it like our system today.We have the country of the U.S. and then we have a designated area reserved for running the Gov.This is like heaven.It is where God's government dwells.The earth is governed from Heaven.The people who follow God's commands will reside on earth and be governed by God from heaven.

Here is some better information about who has been to heaven.

Hebrews 9:8 Thus the holy spirit makes it clear that the way into the holy place had not yet been revealed while the first tent was standing.

If you go just 2 verses forward you get the explanation to what this means.

11 However, when Christ came as a high priest of the good things that have already taken place, he passed through the greater and more perfect tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 He entered into the holy place, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us.

In conclusion,Hebrews 9:8 is saying the holy spirit confirms the way to the holy place,which is heaven, had not yet been revealed, while the first tent was still standing.Hebrews 2:11 goes on to say that it was Jesus who made this way known by shedding his blood for us.It explains it was through the second tent that this was revealed.Before Jesus came to earth, there was only the first tent.Made from human hands.The second tent was not made from human hands but something far greater.

Therefore, Enoch and Elijah could not have ascended into heaven,the spirit realm, before Jesus Christ, if the way had not yet been revealed, by way of the the second tent.

I haven't read a novel in years and years. I'm going through Watchtower compilations from 1960 now, and Awakes. I've read everything published by the Society since 1968 in the past two years. Whew!

Oh,so you are up there in years I see.

sincerly said:
Bible S., The above isn't scripturally true. Paul in addressing the 1Corinthians (11:22-29) concerning the Communion supper acknowledged that it was for/by the congregation as a whole.

"""What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."""
Your posted scriptures are true, but your conclusive applications are false.
Paul wrote in that same book(10:6, 11) and Rom.15:4 That what was written is for examples, admonition, and learning by US.
Jesus(nor GOD the Father) is not a respecter of persons. Your Site is wrong in its conclusions.

Bible S., to the contrary. It had been stated that the "bread and wine" was only for the "anointed" and not for the congregation. Paul says that rendering was erroneous. as seen in "When ye come together in the church". That is speaking to all the members. The "let a man examine himself".---Yes, even the "anointed" needs to make sure that he in still sin free.
GOD knows the hearts/motives of a person.
That Communion/Memorial service wasn't to be a full meal nor the wine sufficient for drunkenness. The purpose was to remind the congregation of Jesus Christ's death and why it occurred---for the propitiation of guilty mankind's Sin debt and the shedding of Christ's blood to pay it.

The abuses were in the misunderstanding of the "do this in remembrance of me"(HIS sacrifice for the confessed and repentant sinner.)

This topic has only the actions/life of Jesus in common,---basically off-topic.(but along with it is the/Jesus' institution of "foot washing".)
(No member is superior to another.)

You quoted,
"When ye come together in the church". The church is not a place where people come together to serve God.Church refers to the people.The Congregation.That is why it is better to have a reliable source of information,to know what the holy scriptures really say.

READ THIS

1 Corinthians 16:19 The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house.
It says,church that meets at their house.

Philemon 1:2 also to Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier--and to the church that meets in your home:

Romans 16:5 Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

The word "Church" comes from the Greek word ἐκκλησία, Ekklesia,which really means an assembly of people.It does not refer to a literal building.

Thayer's Definition

1. a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
    1. an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
    2. the assembly of the Israelites
    3. any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
    4. in a Christian sense
      1. an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

Ps.I would suggest reading this to understand further about the bread and wine,and the 144,000.

Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
So much twisted scripture,
is up really up, it seems to be confusing to me,
but out of moronity comes more of the same.
~
'mud

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I hate to disappoint you but He is your god as well. Whether you acknowledge it or not, you can't change that fact.
You have not presented a fact.
You have merely presented your opinion as though it were fact.
It matters not how much you like your opinion, it is nothing but opinion until you can show it is a fact.

You will first need to show that your god actually exists and is not just yet another of your opinions.

Now since you are not the least bit interested in supporting your claims, I shall not be holding my breath.