• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Mike,
About God choosing anyone, nahhhhh...even if he does exist.
any god that I would believe in would have to choose all people,
despite their differences, forgiving and tolerence foremost.
I would have to choose the Jewish people to be the most chosen.
But Moses and Saul(Paul) and Mohamed were all wrong,
there aren't any gods, there's only the Cosmos, and beings in it.
Sooooooo.....Study Matthew and Luke, manger or house, maji or star, annointed or not.
let me know what you find.
~
nuff stuff
'mud

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Insulting one's mind isn't the best way to go in these threads,
I would think, the reciting of the twisted scriptures is most of the problem here.
I would think most Christians would recognize that fact.
Ask Savagewind that question, she has the real answers.
Maybe you would like to ask Mike, he has much more,
you might not like them though.
Peace on you, regardless of your discourteous way.
~
'mud
The mind is twisted therefore everything is confusing, don't you think so?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
The greatest confusing aspect to my mind is why I was ever a Christian !
And who ever insinuated that I ever think, that's clear as mud,
don't you think ?
~
'mud

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
You do know there is a difference between accepting and understanding, right?
To believe is different from to understand. I don’t expect you to believe me but should I expect you to understand me so we could understand each other? The way I see it you cannot because you won’t give it a chance to understand, and I’m not saying to believe, but a chance to understand why I believe in God. I understood you very well, your unbelief in not something new to me because I see people like you everyday.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
JM,
To be precise.....Catholic.....The whole damned trinity....stations of the cross and all,
in fact...I was an alter boy, now that was confusing, especially with the Nuns....
Nuff stuff
~
'mud

MikeSavage

hey Mike,
About God choosing anyone, nahhhhh...even if he does exist.
any god that I would believe in would have to choose all people,
despite their differences, forgiving and tolerence foremost.
I would have to choose the Jewish people to be the most chosen.
But Moses and Saul(Paul) and Mohamed were all wrong,
there aren't any gods, there's only the Cosmos, and beings in it.
Sooooooo.....Study Matthew and Luke, manger or house, maji or star, annointed or not.
let me know what you find.
~
nuff stuff
'mud
Mud;
There is but one God the Almighty, and He created us all, and everything that exists. He is willing to, as you say, "choose" all of mankind, provided all of mankind chooses Him. He gives all an equal and impartial opportunity. However, most of mankind decided not to choose Him. He wants all to draw close to Him, and gives all a chance, nay, countless chances over the past couple thousand years to draw to Him. All on Earth, with very few exceptions, have been given those opportunities, and have rejected them every time. Moses and Paul were not gods. They were servants of God the Almighty. God created the cosmos, and all beings in it. We have the choice of turning our backs on God, or in drawing close to Him. The former, by default, means directly or indirectly worshiping God's opposer, Satan. Knowingly or unknowingly, the effect is the same. That is why Revelation to John indicates that very very few will survive the final battle. Those that do survive will live in an Earth being turned back into paradise, as was originally purposed. They will teach the resurrected the new scrolls that Revelation tells us of. There is a millenium in which to do so. After which only the righteous will inhabit Earth. No other gods are real. God created those who invented any other gods.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Mike,
I'll capitalize the 'G' in God, I generally do,
if you will, in the future, capitalize the 'C' in Cosmos.
I can't promise that I will believe,
but I believe in the Cosmos.
If you get my meaning ?
~
And there isn't any satan, only the evil in those that do evil things to each other.
Humans are their own enemies, no satan needed, and no other gods either.
You can have your own God, and I'll have my own.....the Cosmos.
~
'mud

MikeSavage

hey Mike,
I'll capitalize the 'G' in God, I generally do,
if you will, in the future, capitalize the 'C' in Cosmos.
I can't promise that I will believe,
but I believe in the Cosmos.
If you get my meaning ?
~
And there isn't any satan, only the evil in those that do evil things to each other.
Humans are their own enemies, no satan needed, and no other gods either.
You can have your own God, and I'll have my own.....the Cosmos.
~
'mud
Mud;
I couldn't care less what you capitalize or what you don't. I don't want any promises as to what you will or won't believe either. It's of no concern to me. However, yes, there is Satan. He inspires the evil that others do. Humans are their own enemy, but so is Satan. There is but one God Almighty. The Cosmos isn't a god. If you ever wanted to know the truth, instead of the baloney you just mentioned, please, let me know. I will see what I can do. If not, just forget about it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Miko,
good deal here....we'll just have to forget it...
The riddance is mine, see you around the threads.
~
'mud

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
To believe is different from to understand. I don’t expect you to believe me but should I expect you to understand me so we could understand each other?
What is it you think I do not understand?

The way I see it you cannot because you won’t give it a chance to understand, and I’m not saying to believe, but a chance to understand why I believe in God.
Again, what is it, exactly, you think I do not understand?

I understood you very well,
Really?
You have not presented anything that indicates you do.

your unbelief in not something new to me because I see people like you everyday.
So you just clump them all in a generic "unbeliever" box and claim victory?

Sounds to me you are a hypocrite.
You want people to understand you, but then quickly slap labels on those who disagree with you.
Prove me wrong.

sincerly

The King James is NOT the inspired word of God. It is chock full of mistranslations. Changing one word changes everything. KJV contains the word "hell" also. It never appeared in the original texts from which the scriptures are translated. Does that make hell exist? Certainly not.

Mike, Indeed, the original text does describe "hell" just as the NT describes---the place where the dead are placed---Pit, grave, sea, even the refuse pile. It is from the Graves(places where the dead are) that they will be resurrected.
Again, that subject is not the topic of this thread.

MikeSavage

Mike, Denial doesn't negate what you were sending as the group having no influence upon the congregation and those who accept your faith/Beliefs.
In my brief exposure of searching, I found other Scriptural/doctrinal errors, but this isn't the thread to pursue those.
If you study an ACCURATE copy of the scriptures, there are absolutely no contradictions, errors, or mysteries. Not a single one. Now, as for your OBSESSION with the governing body of the Christian Congregation, they are to help, guide, and provide spiritual food. To settle disputes, to help further the prophecy at Matthew 24;14. To give advice. And they help run the society as well. I just don't understand why you are SO OBSESSED with them. Something weird is going on with you. Something VERY weird. What is it? Why do you refuse to even acknowledge the question, much less answer it?

sincerly

sincerly said:
You can deny me, but the Scriptures I posted are still correct.

The scriptures themselves may be correct, but your understanding of them isn't necessarily so. Understanding them requires an honest heart, as God Himself sees it when He looks into it, and requires God to use holy spirit to help you understand them. The surest way, other than directly opposing God, to misunderstand them, is to be part of the religion that the scriptures say is false. Satan actively obscures the meaning to everyone, unless they have that help when God uses holy spirit in their understanding. No love for God, no understanding of His word. Very simple.

Mike, there are two verses which speak of persons having a birthday and in their contexts does it say one is forbidden to celebrate birthdays---by anyone. Neither is there any manner of indication for such "belief". That "misunderstanding" came via the beliefs by your organization or your own thoughts. My search into your organizations beliefs indicates numerous such "misunderstandings" of the
Scriptures.
Yes, Satan stills is in the business of deception.