• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sincerly

sincerly said:
Mike, Denial doesn't negate what you were sending as the group having no influence upon the congregation and those who accept your faith/Beliefs.
In my brief exposure of searching, I found other Scriptural/doctrinal errors, but this isn't the thread to pursue those.

If you study an ACCURATE copy of the scriptures, there are absolutely no contradictions, errors, or mysteries. Not a single one. Now, as for your OBSESSION with the governing body of the Christian Congregation, they are to help, guide, and provide spiritual food. To settle disputes, to help further the prophecy at Matthew 24;14. To give advice. And they help run the society as well. I just don't understand why you are SO OBSESSED with them. Something weird is going on with you. Something VERY weird. What is it? Why do you refuse to even acknowledge the question, much less answer it?

Mike, I have been studying an "accurate" version of the Bible---Not the bias rendering of the "NWT" because of the same "body" saying it was changed to reflect the beliefs of the denomination/religion/ beliefs of the "organization." However, I can used that "translation" to show the "concluded errors" as believed by the organization.(The Scriptures are true)..

I notice you have shifted you position of the "governing body"--somewhat.(i.e.) they have a lot of influence over the life of members.
Jesus Christ just didn't prophesy Matt.24:14, but HE Commanded the Matt.28:19 to Go ye and teach the nations. Paul/James say that "hearers" are to be "doers".

MikeSavage

sincerly said:
Mike, Denial doesn't negate what you were sending as the group having no influence upon the congregation and those who accept your faith/Beliefs.
In my brief exposure of searching, I found other Scriptural/doctrinal errors, but this isn't the thread to pursue those.

Mike, I have been studying an "accurate" version of the Bible---Not the bias rendering of the "NWT" because of the same "body" saying it was changed to reflect the beliefs of the denomination/religion/ beliefs of the "organization." However, I can used that "translation" to show the "concluded errors" as believed by the organization.(The Scriptures are true)..

I notice you have shifted you position of the "governing body"--somewhat.(i.e.) they have a lot of influence over the life of members.
Jesus Christ just didn't prophesy Matt.24:14, but HE Commanded the Matt.28:19 to Go ye and teach the nations. Paul/James say that "hearers" are to be "doers".
No, they don't have a lot of influence over the lives of God's people. Try studying what governing bodies did in Jesus' time on Earth, and afterward. I haven't shifted my position on them one little bit. Your ideas are tainted by religion and the world. My ideas are from God's viewpoint, and from what He teaches us. The NWT is not biased at all. The annointed have not ever said it was changed to reflect the beliefs of true Christians. True Christians will change their beliefs to coincide with God's word, not the other way around. You are totally misinformed, and again, tainted by religion and the world. If you think the NWT is not an accurate translation, then you are most likely using a non-accurate translation. There's three that aren't inaccurate. NWT, Young's, and Orthodox Jewish Bibles. Anything else does not coincide with any original texts available today. Changing one word in one scripture changes thousands of other scriptures, and thusly, their meaning, and more importantly, what God Himself wanted to say to us.
Now, God's people are not a sect, denomination, or religion. They are servants of Jehovah God. You haven't got holy spirit beinig used in your life to help you understand God's word, so you haven't a chance of understanding them. You must rely on your own understanding, and God Himself said to not rely on your own understanding. He said Satan is obfuscating the true meaning of the scriptures to the world, and only His use of holy spirit can overcome that obfuscation. It is clear that you are still subject to that misleading by Satan.

sincerly

InChrist said:
So are you saying that the Watchtower teaches that some of the anointed are unfaithful followers of Jesus Christ?
I agree that God cannot lie, but I think it is the Watchtower that is lying.

It is pretty much metaphorical, as the annointed 144,000 are comprised not just of Israel, but of SPIRITUAL ISRAEL. Jews and gentiles and peoples of all nations and tongues. Why would a magazine lie? ....

Of course, this gets your blood pressure up, because you can't admit being lied to. You are not humble enough for that, even though the inspired word of God tells us TO be completely humble. You probably can't accept that what you've believed, even though it's completely false, is actually a pack of lies. Oh well. Your destruction, not mine.

Mike, it isn't the inanimate "magazine" that does the lying. It is the persons/organizations which publish the false contents which is lying. The Why? because it has believers ---"GB" producing the messages of the father of lies. 1John 4:1 says believe not every spirit but try them.
In this thread, a denial of Birthdays isn't scripturally correct.

No, my BP is stable. And I understand that your and their beliefs have some corrections to be done.
So should what I currently believe be false---why should I want to jump from the frying pan into the fire? The speck which I might have in my eye isn't as big as log that is seen your eye..

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see the log

I can even try to describe it.

It is doing wrong but not recognizing in himself it is wrong. If that is not bad enough he says that the bad he is doing (that he won't admit) is the bad we do. See how big it is? I can't even find the right words to describe what they do.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They come on forum and say we who do not believe as they do are unrighteous doing something or other but....but....it's them who are doing what they say NOT to do. I think I've seen it a hundred times.

I'll go out on a limb now and say Jesus says the name for that is log.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK rafter. Like they say God needs you to be humble. But they are not. They say you must stop believing lies but they won't stop. They say they believe every word of The Bible and it says do not judge but they do.

sincerly

savagewind said:
That phrase you used means they interpret it.

Actually no, it does not mean that at all. It means they work very hard to refine their understanding. It requires relying on the fact that Jehovah cannot lie. All scriptures must be taken in context, and all scriptures must be compared to all other scriptures that refer to the same thing, or principle. Holy spirit is constantly helping them, and us, to more fully understand the meanings. Many things don't get revealed until it is their time. It is a constant process. It is not interpretation. Interpretation is guessing. It is relying on one's own understanding, and God said that we should not do that ever. We must constantly work to understand how He thinks regarding anything. We are all imperfect humans. No one is perfect, there were only three of them. Adam, Eve, and Jesus. The first two are sleeping in death. The third is now sitting King of Jehovah's Kingdom, and is the head of the Christian Congregation, and will soon take over the complete ruling of Earth. We are all awaiting that assumption of rulership, when all Earthly governments, and all religions, and all those destroying the Earth are wiped away like dust. It's not easy, but it's a great pleasure to do these things.

Mike, in interpreting, one expresses the meaning of the messages in one language to words of a different language to convey the same message in both.
God isn't the GOD of confusion---that is Satan.
What I see in your posting of the two birthdays is "interpolation". Inserting the meaning to be celebrate no birthdays---which is false.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I thought Mike could listen I would start a thread of words of the orignal language and their coinciding translated modern words. I've done it many times before.

MikeSavage

You are quite incorrect. You again make assertions with no information upon which to base those assertions. Not honest in my book. Not the first time you 've behaved less than honestly here.

Last edited by a moderator:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Only non-vegans eat cheeseburgers.
Do people eat cheeseburgers? :grin:

Christmas today is a secular holiday. Some celebrate its pagan roots, some celebrate the christianization, some treat it as a secular holiday etc.

Whatever floats your boat.

sincerly

sincerly said:
Mike, The scriptures say you are wrong. both Enoch and Elijah were taken to heaven long before Jesus Christ was born.
And the 144,000 of Rev.7 were not the only ones of earth to be in heaven.

On the subject of the 144,000,If you read carefully and notice what it says ,you will come to find out it's just another misconception.It makes it very clear in the holy scriptures that there is a little flock and then there are the other sheep.This little flock consist of those blessed with the holy spirit by God.Like those at the pentecost of 33C.E. These are a selected few that are to reign with Jesus Christ while in heaven.God's government.

Gen.5:24 and 2Kings 2:8-14 tell of God's taking of Enoch and Elijah without seeing death. Heb.11:5 has this attestation to the fact."By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

Bible S., since GOD took them, that would be to where HE is.

The 144,000 will not limit the "Redeemed" from being at the same place----eventually the earth made new. That is where the new Jerusalem will be as well.

sincerly

sincerly said:
sincerly said:
Bible S., The above isn't scripturally true. Paul in addressing the 1Corinthians (11:22-29) concerning the Communion supper acknowledged that it was for/by the congregation as a whole.

"""What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."""
Your posted scriptures are true, but your conclusive applications are false.
Paul wrote in that same book(10:6, 11) and Rom.15:4 That what was written is for examples, admonition, and learning by US.
Jesus(nor GOD the Father) is not a respecter of persons. Your Site is wrong in its conclusions.

Bible S., to the contrary. It had been stated that the "bread and wine" was only for the "anointed" and not for the congregation. Paul says that rendering was erroneous. as seen in "When ye come together in the church". That is speaking to all the members. The "let a man examine himself".---Yes, even the "anointed" needs to make sure that he in still sin free.
GOD knows the hearts/motives of a person.
That Communion/Memorial service wasn't to be a full meal nor the wine sufficient for drunkenness. The purpose was to remind the congregation of Jesus Christ's death and why it occurred---for the propitiation of guilty mankind's Sin debt and the shedding of Christ's blood to pay it.

The abuses were in the misunderstanding of the "do this in remembrance of me"(HIS sacrifice for the confessed and repentant sinner.)

This topic has only the actions/life of Jesus in common,---basically off-topic.(but along with it is the/Jesus' institution of "foot washing".)
(No member is superior to another.)

You quoted,
"When ye come together in the church". The church is not a place where people come together to serve God.Church refers to the people.The Congregation.

Bible S., Yes, the "church" is the people(collectively or individually). The assembly of such in worship of the Creator GOD.

You ignored the command of Jesus to wash each others feet (instituted)---to remind them and us that all are to serve others and not seek being the selfish "first spot/elevated position".

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are quite incorrect. You again make assertions with no information upon which to base those assertions. Not honest in my book. Not the first time you 've behaved less than honestly here.
You are correct. I am not being completely honest. Being the honest that I can be is not allowed of Forum.

YOU say the governing body does not make anything up. Why not ask them how do they know angels no longer come to Earth in human like bodies as they came to Abraham?

I am sure they won't answer you because the Bible doesn't say that. If you want to know why they teach it regardless of what The Bible teaches about it I will tell you when I get back from my trip. OK?