• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone live near the ocean?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Was that while you were in the Navy? San Diego has to be one of the best spots to get assigned. :)

Yes it was. I was stationed at NAS North Island in Coronado. I lived in Imperial Beach just down the Silver Strand. Loved my job, loved the place, loved the weather. It was great.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I saw on an advert on TV "95% of Kiwis live less than an hours drive from the beach"

So naturally we'd spend long summer holidays at the beach

Francine

I saw on an advert on TV "95% of Kiwis live less than an hours drive from the beach" So naturally we'd spend long summer holidays at the beach

I live a mile's walk from saltwater. Naturally we spend our holidays in the desert. Variety is the spice of life.

Somkid

I live close to one of the most famous beaches on Earth Phuket, I can fly there in like 45 min. but I have no interest (we fly everywhere here, it costs me like $20 to go). I like it here in the mountains.

Captain Civic

version 2.0
I live near a little coastal town, where my girlfriend lives. It's only about half an hour's drive, and I used to travel there regularly when I was younger. Now that my girlfriend is there, I tend to visit more often.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I sort of live near the ocean. El Cajon is about 30 miles East of San Diego and some great beaches (unless sharks show up, which happens every so often).

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Oh, I love the North Sea coast, it's always so grey and miserable in Winter. Even in summer, the water remains damm cold ! I could though, fancy some of that Californian coastline :)

melissa

Scott C.

Just one guy
I grew up in Southern California, about 10 miles inland from Huntington Beach. I used to go there as a kid all of the time...how I miss the ocean.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I am fortunately surrounded by ocean. If I drive 10-15 minutes west, arrive at PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) from which I can drive another 20-30 minutes down the coast to Malibu and Santa Monica. If I drive 10-15 minutes North or Northwest, I arrive at the beaches of Ventura County. :)