• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone live near the ocean?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Do you live near the ocean? I envy you. :slap:
hehe. I grew up five miles from the ocean and sometimes we'd walk to the beach in the summer.

Presently, we live about an hour away.....The coast of Oregon is absolutely gorgeous, prettier than any other coastline I've seen elsewhere in the States. But, the weather is dicey and often gloomy and overcast. I wouldn't live on the coast in Oregon.

It's the water sign in you that brings out the love for the ocean, Patty. ;)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
hehe. I grew up five miles from the ocean and sometimes we'd walk to the beach in the summer.

Presently, we live about an hour away.....The coast of Oregon is absolutely gorgeous, prettier than any other coastline I've seen elsewhere in the States. But, the weather is dicey and often gloomy and overcast. I wouldn't live on the coast in Oregon.
I can believe it. My best experience with the ocean was on the shore at Seaside.

It's the water sign in you that brings out the love for the ocean, Patty. ;)
Probably, more like the ocean in me that brings out the love of the ocean "out there." ;)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I can believe it. My best experience with the ocean was on the shore at Seaside.

Probably, more like the ocean in me that brings out the love of the ocean "out there." ;)

haha! I like that......"the ocean in me that brings out the love of the ocean "out there." :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I live a three minute drive from the beach, but that is merely along the English Channel...does that count?:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sure! large mass of mostly water.

Well, the positive side is that it is wonderful to go on the beach when the weather is good.

The negative side is that as soon as there is a hint of good weather, you are lucky to find a two square inch space............Though, admitedly, that is the nearest beach.....there are areas whioch people do not go to often - but there is no sand (rocks only), and the winds are very high. (it is on a headland).

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I live a five minute walk from the Georgia Straights off the west coast of Canaduh. It is so neat living on an island now and away from the "big city". It's neat now because fairly often in the morning the fog comes up from the beach and wafts through the trees. It is very pretty to see, especially around sunrise, though I get up while it is still dark (5-6am).

Yes, same here.
Canon Beach (sp?) and Seaside, Oregon are wonderful places. I LOVE the squeaky white sands although the swimming can be a bit dangerous at times.

Smoke

Done here.
The first house I remember living in was less than half a mile from Escambia Bay, and I've always lived within two or three hours of the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, or one of the Great Lakes. I've always thought I'd feel claustrophobic living in Iowa or Kansas, out in the middle of the continent. I like water. If you live in New York or New Orleans, the rivers are really more important to your daily life, but you can get to the gulf or the ocean pretty quickly if you want to.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I've lived on the west coast for almost 23 years now. Right now I live in a little mountain town just outside of Santa Cruz, Ca. (officially dubbed "Surf City USA" just last year).

Strange thing is, like most people I know around here, I'm lucky if I make it to the beach 3 times in a year (tourists--more of these pesky creatures every summer).

When I lived in Santa Barbara I spent almost every night sleeping on the beach, basically just used my apartment as a place to keep my stuff.

(sigh) Right now I'm getting ready to move back to the midwaste for awhile and I'm already feeling land-locked.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I use to live in San Diego. A whopping 2 blocks from the beach ( that is to say, one block from the buildings and sand and then an estimated 1/2 to 1 block from the water itself). I could hear the waves breaking and smell the ocean in my livingroom. I miss that so much. Want to move back there so badly.

love

tri-polar optimist
St. Andrews State Park Ranger Photos » Florida State Parks

These are some pictures of a state park just a few minutes by water or road from where I live.
If you click on the boat ramp shot you can see the point where I live to right. By boat you can go around that point and be close to my home in minutes. It is reached by a road with no outlets and is mostly older homes on dead end streets surrounded by woods. I live on a corner lot and can look across the bay from the corner. There was a large buck standing at the corner just a few days ago.
The tourist go home after September and the locals have it pretty much to ourselves until spring break except for the "snowbirds".

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I use to live in San Diego. A whopping 2 blocks from the beach ( that is to say, one block from the buildings and sand and then an estimated 1/2 to 1 block from the water itself). I could hear the waves breaking and smell the ocean in my livingroom. I miss that so much. Want to move back there so badly.
Was that while you were in the Navy? San Diego has to be one of the best spots to get assigned. :)

PureX

Veteran Member
I live on the shore of a great lake. I can walk to the beach. I prefer it to the ocean because it's fresh water.

4620073.jpg

4620067.jpg

25373897.jpg

SoyLeche

meh...
The ocean has never really appealed to me much. I'd take a mountain instead of an ocean any day of the week.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I live an hour and a half from the nearest beach along the Atlantic coast and yet I hardly ever get to go there. It's been over a year and a half since I went.

Aqualung

Tasty
I don't currently live near the ocean, but it's in my plans. If I could get a job on the ocean I would be one happy puppy.