• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Anyone Know where Hell is located?

Faithofchristian

Hello. Hope you are well!

You know, I believe this wholeheartedly..... that this is exactly what the Bible teaches.

Now, if this is true, what's going on with these Spirit Mediums, who hold stances? Granted, many are fake, but all of them?! There are simply too many accounts to discard it all as rubbish! Some from famous people, like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; Mary Todd Lincoln; many world leaders, who claim to have spoken w/ their dead loved ones, and heard their voice! If our dead loved ones can't speak to us, then what's going on?!?!

Any ideas? (I've been taught an explanation, and it's a doozy!!)

When people think they are speaking with the dead, They are actually speaking to those evil spirit's of Satan's.

Satan and his angels can impersonate people.
Thereby making those people think they are actually speaking to the dead.

When Christ Jesus establish that there is a great gulf fixed between us and those that haved died. He means exactly what he means.
That those that haved died can not speak to us, Nor can we speak to them.

For there is a Great Gulf Fixed that's between us and them.

That they can not pass to us Nor can they speak to us, Nor can we pass to them, Nor can we speak to them.

Daisies4me

No I think it's not serious question by poster,so my reply was bit mixed joke and serious :)

Because we(Muslims) believe in Jugdement Day,and hereafter,no one of us garanty to enter to paradise or hell,it's all God willing.
(quote)

Hi again
oh, I see now. lol.... some times it take me a while to connect the dots... thanks for your kind explanation, and thanks for sharing your beliefs.

peace to you

(quote)

Daisies4me

Hello. Hope you are well!

You know, I believe this wholeheartedly..... that this is exactly what the Bible teaches.

Now, if this is true, what's going on with these Spirit Mediums, who hold stances? Granted, many are fake, but all of them?! There are simply too many accounts to discard it all as rubbish! Some from famous people, like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; Mary Todd Lincoln; many world leaders, who claim to have spoken w/ their dead loved ones, and heard their voice! If our dead loved ones can't speak to us, then what's going on?!?!

Any ideas? (I've been taught an explanation, and it's a doozy!!)
(quote)

Hi
Isaiah 8:19 And if they say to you: “Inquire of the spirit mediums or of the fortune-tellers who chirp and mutter,” is it not of their God that a people should inquire? Should they inquire of the dead in behalf of the living?

“Do not turn to the spirit mediums . . . so as to become unclean by them.”—Leviticus 19:31.

The Bible is clear concerning attempts by the living to contact the dead—a practice that was common in ancient times.
For example, Jehovah God’s Law to the nation of Israel said: “There should not be found in you anyone . . . who consults a spirit medium or . . . inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
The Bible also states that those who practice spiritism in any of its forms “will not inherit God’s Kingdom.”—Galatians 5:19-21.

“The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5.

While it is true that many people claim that the dead 'live on ' in some form, and that they may be able to try to communicate with the dead, perhaps to try to obtain information or to appease the dead, in hopes that they will leave the living in peace, let's see what the Bible tells us about that: “The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all . . . Their love and their hate and their jealousy [all of which they felt while alive] have already perished.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6)
Yes, the Bible teaches that the dead are just that—dead! They cannot think, act, or even worship God. “The dead do not praise [God]; nor do any who go down into the silence of death,” says Psalm 115:17.

I hope that this will help with your questions, and give you some hope and faith in the written Words from God.

may you have peace
(quote)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
(quote)

Hi
Isaiah 8:19 And if they say to you: “Inquire of the spirit mediums or of the fortune-tellers who chirp and mutter,” is it not of their God that a people should inquire? Should they inquire of the dead in behalf of the living?

“Do not turn to the spirit mediums . . . so as to become unclean by them.”—Leviticus 19:31.

The Bible is clear concerning attempts by the living to contact the dead—a practice that was common in ancient times.
For example, Jehovah God’s Law to the nation of Israel said: “There should not be found in you anyone . . . who consults a spirit medium or . . . inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
The Bible also states that those who practice spiritism in any of its forms “will not inherit God’s Kingdom.”—Galatians 5:19-21.

“The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5.

While it is true that many people claim that the dead 'live on ' in some form, and that they may be able to try to communicate with the dead, perhaps to try to obtain information or to appease the dead, in hopes that they will leave the living in peace, let's see what the Bible tells us about that: “The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all . . . Their love and their hate and their jealousy [all of which they felt while alive] have already perished.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6)
Yes, the Bible teaches that the dead are just that—dead! They cannot think, act, or even worship God. “The dead do not praise [God]; nor do any who go down into the silence of death,” says Psalm 115:17.

I hope that this will help with your questions, and give you some hope and faith in the written Words from God.

may you have peace
(quote)

Be assured that it does; it always has! I’m your brother, from Alabama USA!

djhwoodwerks

Tell that to Jonah!

Jonah 2:2 (ESV Strong's) “I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.

Jonah 2:6 (ESV Strong's) I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit,

Daisies4me

Be assured that it does; it always has! I’m your brother, from Alabama USA!

(quote)

Ooops! LOL I thought I was replying to the other poster... but thanks for correcting me. You know, I have not ever been the sharpest knife in the drawer,,, (grin)
I hope you are well, and enjoyed the annual meeting held recently.....times, they are a'changing, aren't they?
wishing the best for you are all of my family in Bammy... :)
take good care, brother

(quote)

Daisies4me

Tell that to Jonah!

Jonah 2:2 (ESV Strong's) “I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice.

Jonah 2:6 (ESV Strong's) I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit,

(quote)

hi djw

Jonah was not dead when he prayed. the belly of the big fish certainly would have become his 'sheol', or grave, had God not made the fish vomit Jonah up on the shore. The belly of the fish would have become his ''pit'', or grave, sheol, hades, etc., had he died in the fish's belly. see Jonah 2:1, & 10.

peace

(quote)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
eat the wrong foods, and hell becomes very real. I'd say hell is in the stomach.

fare skinned people using sun tan oil would be hell.

I honestly can't imagine the place. but it does sound deserving for a serial killer.