• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Anyone Know where Hell is located?

allfoak

Alchemist
I am late for an appointment and my GPS seems to be fried.

Seriously.
What do all of the religious traditions say about Hell?
Is there any proof or did someone make it up?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

Seriously.

No one knows now,but you will.
Let's suppose it's sun, is that satisfay you ?

Onyx

Premium Member
You are all wrong! It is in Michigan!

Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia
I like the little "go to hell" sign above the door on the country store. :)
Hells-countrystore.jpg

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses define hell as death. They do believe in another condition that is very much like other people's hell. It is Gehenna and it means to be separated from the life that is in God forever.

If someone wished to be with God, but did not accomplish the feat, then it might be said of him or her that he or she is "in hell".

They think that they don't teach a hell, but they really do.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Bible's "hell" (sheol, hades) is the grave. It is no more sinister than that. No one is conscious or suffering in sheol or hades. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10)......they "sleep" just like Jesus said of Lazarus. (John 11:11-14)

Immortality of the human soul is the belief responsible for fueling this sickening doctrine. That is not a Bible teaching either. When you don't really die, they have to make up places for you to go. :rolleyes: The flames of "Gehenna" were misinterpreted because Jesus was only speaking metaphorically of the Valley of Hinnom....a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem's walls, that was kept burning day and night by adding brimstone. Nothing alive ever went into "gehenna".

lostwanderingsoul

Actually there are two hells in the Bible. The first is the grave, as stated in the previous post. There is also a burning hell which will destroy the wicked. No one will suffer for endless ages in an everburning place of torture. Everyone will have a chance to accept God's laws and be spared destruction. Those who refuse to follow God's laws will be totally destroyed. So there will be fire in this hell but nothing like the false ideas most people have.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
"The most burning fire is to question the signs of God, to dispute idly that which He hath revealed, to deny Him and carry one’s self proudly before Him."

(Baha'u'llah- Words of Wisdom)

Daisies4me

Seriously.
------------
The Bible explains what hell is. It is the common grave of mankind. NOT a place of fiery torture as self-serving religious leaders have taught. Look it up for yourself at ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, which explains the condition of those in 'hell', or the grave. death is the opposite of life. Sheol, Hell, are not literal places, the terms refer to those who are no longer alive, but are in the grave. see also Psalm 146:3-4

Daisies4me

Actually there are two hells in the Bible. The first is the grave, as stated in the previous post. There is also a burning hell which will destroy the wicked. No one will suffer for endless ages in an everburning place of torture. Everyone will have a chance to accept God's laws and be spared destruction. Those who refuse to follow God's laws will be totally destroyed. So there will be fire in this hell but nothing like the false ideas most people have.
-------------
the symbolic 'fire' is figurative, not literal. Fire consumes everything, leaves nothing in its wake. It is also a refiner. A God of love does not 'torture' mankind. He gave Adam the simple choice-- obey the house rules, and live forever in paradise, or disobey, rebel against God and have that priviledge taken away from you. from dust you were taken, and to dust you will return doesn't sound like literal fiery torture at all, does it? After all, for someone to feel pain, they would have to be alive--- Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10 describes the condition of the dead as 'conscious of nothing at all'.

lostwanderingsoul

Did you ever hear of the resurrection? Jesus is going to return to earth and the dead will come out of their graves. It is at this point that those who refuse to obey God's rules will face the second death. Those who accept the rules will live forever with Jesus in His Kingdom. You say a God of love does not torture but He does destroy the wicked.

Daisies4me

Did you ever hear of the resurrection? Jesus is going to return to earth and the dead will come out of their graves. It is at this point that those who refuse to obey God's rules will face the second death. Those who accept the rules will live forever with Jesus in His Kingdom. You say a God of love does not torture but He does destroy the wicked.
----------
True, the resurrection is a main teaching of the Bible. without it, everyone who has died from the beginning would have no hope. they would remain dead and nonexistent forever. To be sure, is it s loving thing to have evil doers and persecutors of others removed from society. even mankind has put in place the prison system and death penalty for such ones. Those who choose to harm others, or destroy God's earth do not deserve to live on it, do they? Remembering of course, that God can read hearts, and He knows who has the potential for being reached and corrected, and those who have no intention of ever being obedient to God and living in peace as He intended the paradise earth to be for human kind. Saul/Paul is a good example of God's ability to discern the heart condition and ability of a person to be worthy of being taught and reformed . What do you think ? Is this reasonable to you?