• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does a god exist

Does a god exist

• yes

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • don't know

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You don't know what i considered or not.

But that you consider that God exists is not evidence that God exists in the following sense.
You have made an universal rule. Think it and it is true independent of thinking it.
I can do that too. I thinking the world is X, thus it is fact, that the world is X.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The main point is: how would one even know whether existence ever had any need - or even a place - for some sort of creator?

How would we even know?

And is it even logically consistent to propose a "creator of existence"?

I have no idea. And I have long realized that it is the ultimate useless question. I have no more ability nor need to know such things than I have expectations of truly understanding, say, the true motivations of Robespierre at the start of the French Revolution. In fact, I have a lot less. For all practical purposes, none at all.

Even taking for granted that somehow there is such an entity as an uncreated creator of existence, that only feels meaningful at first glance. It really has no consequence whatsoever, and arguably could not ever have any.

Add Abrahamic expectations that somehow that hypothetical entity is both real and attentive to human behavior and omnipresent, omniscient and all-powerful to boot and it all becomes sort of unsustainable even under the most charitable of perspectives.

So no, I do not know that there is a need for deities in any way, shape or form. And if that means that I don't know anything about the origin of existence itself... that is fair and proper. I never expected to.

Last edited: