• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

do you worry about what might awaits you when you die? for bad things you've done to others.

kloth

maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
perhaps you wonder if what you did to someone else was justifiable.
even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.
do you ever worry about it? or have?

thanks for the interest.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I feel satisfied that I am generally fair, justified, considered, empathetic, and mindful in my actions. I might be worried if I ever did anything that resulted in me, being a generally decent person, to feel guilty over. As it stands at this point, I feel that, overall, I've acted according to my understanding and conscience consistently and fairly, and am not worried about any hypothetical punishment for doing so.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I do often wonder what the implications are for the things I do but more on how it will affect the people who are still alive and the people that will be alive after I have long since passed. Those type things I can't really always know the ramifications so it wouldn't be things that are evil. I am not afraid of any sort of spiritual judgement, but I would hope that a spiritual judge would fair, some judges can be real jerks.

kashmir

Not me, it is completely unhealthy to worry about death, its happening anyway, no amount of worry will ever amount to anything positive.

I am going by just death, I don't do bad things to others, I treat everyone like I want to be treated so that is not even a question, nothing to worry about.

ametist

No, I am not afraid of death.my grandmother recently died. She whispered to me that she is not scared of death because that they meet their friends and relatives who died before when they die. Her death was very strange. she predicted the death of one of friends on the day she died who died only 24 days after her. She got sick and died in a day. Nothing was wrong with her when my grandma was on death bed. I was with her on her dying day and throughout all her funeral arrangements.So many coincidences and meaningful talk. She thought me a lot that day. she said so many things that showed and proved to me through death, even before hours it happens, the consciousness is getting connected with a bigger consciousness.

On the other hand, because of what we have done to others..it is a tricky issiue. We always treat others like we treat ourselves. there is no exception to this.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
maybe you've never done things that are not considered very evil, according to mankind's laws.
maybe you never got caught, and your victims never spoke, or couldn't speak, after what you did to them.
even if you are non believer of anything, do you ever wonder "what if"? being that you may not know if there is anything after your life ends or not.

thanks for the interest.

If I were to worry about going to hell after my death, I'd be wasting my time away from hell. Besides, I feel safer in the present.

kloth

I feel satisfied that I am generally fair, justified, considered, empathetic, and mindful in my actions. I might be worried if I ever did anything that resulted in me, being a generally decent person, to feel guilty over. As it stands at this point, I feel that, overall, I've acted according to my understanding and conscience consistently and fairly, and am not worried about any hypothetical punishment for doing so.
interesting.

I do often wonder what the implications are for the things I do but more on how it will affect the people who are still alive and the people that will be alive after I have long since passed. Those type things I can't really always know the ramifications so it wouldn't be things that are evil. I am not afraid of any sort of spiritual judgement, but I would hope that a spiritual judge would fair, some judges can be real jerks.
also interesting.
could be a spiritual judge like you mentioned, or your victims spirit who awaits you, perhaps.

Not me, it is completely unhealthy to worry about death, its happening anyway, no amount of worry will ever amount to anything positive.

I am going by just death, I don't do bad things to others, I treat everyone like I want to be treated so that is not even a question, nothing to worry about.

true

maybe you might wonder though, for a brief moment if anything.

No, I am not afraid of death.my grandmother recently died. She whispered to me that she is not scared of death because that they meet their friends and relatives who died before when they die. Her death was very strange. she predicted the death of one of friends on the day she died who died only 24 days after her. She got sick and died in a day. Nothing was wrong with her when my grandma was on death bed. I was with her on her dying day and throughout all her funeral arrangements.So many coincidences and meaningful talk. She thought me a lot that day. she said so many things that showed and proved to me through death, even before hours it happens, the consciousness is getting connected with a bigger consciousness.

On the other hand, because of what we have done to others..it is a tricky issiue. We always treat others like we treat ourselves. there is no exception to this.
it's not really a matter of being afraid of death, but what awaits you in death,
and no disrespect, but if other people are not afraid of death, it doesn't mean they know what truly awaits, well at least in my opinion. coincidences happen all the time, I have them happen, I think it's kind of avoidable if you live an active life, the more people you know and the more you live, the more experiences and coincidences you'll come across, from how I see it.

some people treat themselves pretty bad, therefor treats others just as bad. I would say most (if not all people) treat others worse than themselves. it's part of a selfish trait. then again I haven't met everyone on earth, and been everywhere to know how the world works, entirely. but from my perspective, there are all types. some people treat others better than them selves, or worse than themselves, or somewhere in the middle as well.
thanks for your reply.
And who exactly is fit to judge me?
yourself? your own self conscious? a deity? your victims soul, spirit or what ever it may be that awaits? I don't know.
Me, and I charge $117 an hr, 24 hrs in advanced ;)
that's cheaper than court fee's.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Except for that one time.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

thanks for the interest.
I have sometimes wondered, "What if there was something really nice waiting for me after death?"

But I have never, ever wondered, "What if there was something horribly, hideously painful waiting for me after death?"

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
But I have never, ever wondered, "What if there was something horribly, hideously painful waiting for me after death?"

If that were to happen, I could care less. I'm not going to worship the God who wants to send me there in the first place.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Oh, no. I'm not only uninsterested in an afterlife, I don't even understand why so many people are.

Farrukh

I believe in mercy of God, Islamic teaching tell us that bad things that we have done to others will not be forgiven, rest God can forgive with his mercy.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend kloth,

do you worry about what might awaits you when you die? for bad things you've done to others.
No not exactly but would like to try 'bardo' the Tibetan meditation technique where meditators try to keep a dying man awake so that after leaving his body he stays around till his body is placed on the funeral pyre and tuned toa shes; so I have heard.

Love & rgds

chinu

chinu
Friend kloth,

No not exactly but would like to try 'bardo' the Tibetan meditation technique where meditators try to keep a dying man awake so that after leaving his body he stays around till his body is placed on the funeral pyre and tuned toa shes; so I have heard.

Love & rgds
Oh!
I'll accompany you, tell me whenever you plan to tibet.