• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want god to be existed ?

Trey of Diamonds

Do you want any omnipotent power who is controling everything with justice to be existed ? why, or why not ?

Not really. What you are describing is the traditional bearded man on a throne watching our every move and judging it kind of God. I don't believe in him, nor do I desire him to be real. My beliefs are far more complex.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Firstly death is like a chilli truth, secondly if something bad happens with us, It occurs because of the actions that we have done in our past/previous births. :(
I can think of a number of responses to your implication that my father's cancer was his own fault, but the forum rules prevent me from posting them. I'll just say that I think less of you for suggesting it and leave it at that.

But on something else in your post: are people controlled by God or not? In the OP, you asked about a god who controls everything. If he doesn't control the actions of people, then he doesn't control everything. Please clarify what your hypothetical scenario actually entails.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Do you want any omnipotent power who is controling everything with justice to be existed ? why, or why not ?
Actually I kind of do want a merciful omnipotent deity/ies to exist. First of
all I think it would make life more interesting. Secondly it would make me
feel more important in some odd way that I can't quite explain. And last but
not least the chances of a merciful existence after this life goes threw the roof.

chinu

chinu
You asked about a god who controls everything. If he doesn't control the actions of people, then he doesn't control everything. Please clarify what your hypothetical scenario actually entails.
Why don't you understand that he also have to do something to make this world in a running condition, So he doesn't control the actions made by peoples. If he would have controled all the actions than there would be no you and me chatting here on RF. :)

Don't you want RF to be existed ? tell me.. :D

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Why don't you understand that he also have to do something to make this world in a running condition, So he doesn't control the actions made by peoples. If he would have controled all the actions than there would be no you and me chatting here on RF. :)

Don't you want RF to be existed ? tell me.. :D

What I want is irrelevant to what YOU mean when you say that God "controls everything". Do you mean "everything but people", or do you actually mean "everything"?

cablescavenger

As far as I am concerned God doesn't exist.

If God existed and wanted harmony why is it that your first language is not the same as mine.
Why is it that your beliefs of acceptable behaviour is different to mine.
Why is it that we go through life and our death age is more likelyt to be geographical and not the hand of God.
Why is it that prayers aren't answered and blasphemy goes unpunished?
Apparently God was always killing, eating admonishing, testing and punishing people. Why did that stop? and when did it stop?

chinu

chinu
Actually I kind of do want a merciful omnipotent deity/ies to exist. First of
all I think it would make life more interesting. Secondly it would make me
feel more important in some odd way that I can't quite explain. And last but
not least the chances of a merciful existence after this life goes threw the roof.
Can you show mercy to any egoist person ?
Firstly there is need of humbleness to attract the shower of mercy. How can there be mercy without humblenss ? :)

waitasec

Veteran Member

well it does exist in the form of natures indifference. imo, that is the ultimate justice in the balance of life.

do i want that...absolutely not!!!
i want what i want when i want it...

but i'm 46 now and i think i've learned something
"you can't always get what you want...."

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It doesn't seem necessary, nor does it seem like it would help anything, but it does seem like it could hurt things.

The idea of anthropomorphized god concept running a universe doesn't really appeal to me or make sense to me.

freethinker44

Just believe, why not sure ? :)

Trying to play the semantics game with me. Good try but the way I said it still stands.

from merriam-webster

be·lievedbe·liev·ing
Definition of BELIEVE

intransitive verb
a: to have a firm religious faith b: to accept something as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts>

: to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something <believe in exercise>

: to hold an opinion : think <I believe so>