• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want god to be existed ?

chinu

chinu
Do you want any omnipotent power who is controling everything with justice to be existed ? why, or why not ?

arthra

Baha'i
Do you want any omnipotent power who is controling everything with justice to be existed ? why, or why not ?

Probably at first it's not a matter of "wanting" when we are already part of and constitute within ourselves the laws of existence...so we are constituted already of laws that govern the universe...later on we might meditate on the general laws and principles that make up a small part of our own "universe" and make some deductions...but "wanting" is something that well usually doesn't come about like you would want something beyond what is already there...

chinu

chinu
Probably at first it's not a matter of "wanting" when we are already part of and constitute within ourselves the laws of existence...so we are constituted already of laws that govern the universe...later on we might meditate on the general laws and principles that make up a small part of our own "universe" and make some deductions...but "wanting" is something that well usually doesn't come about like you would want something beyond what is already there...
Well.. for example you have killed somebody in the past that you don't remember, Now are ready to pay back that deed ?:)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Just tell me.. What for you want to bribe god ? You will pay for it or not, But surely i'll tell you the price. :)
The same as any believer: I'll trade my worship for its favor. Load the dice, so to speak.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

With events as they are? No.

When my father was dying (of cancer - a very aggressive non-Hodgkins lymphoma) we were at the hospital every day for the month that he was there before he died. One night while driving home, something occurred to me: as difficult as it was to watch my Dad suffer, it would have been even worse if I had to try to fit it into some idea that his suffering served some role in a divine, perfect plan.

At that point, I was glad that I don't believe in any gods, because it gave me hope: if it's just us versus an uncaring universe, then we have some hope of making things better, because even if the universe doesn't care to help us, it doesn't care to impede us, either. OTOH, if an entity of infinite power has decided that all things should be precisely as they are, then any attempt to make things better is a wasted effort, doomed to fail.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Another though about the OP: if there's an omnipotent deity controlling everything, then what I want is irrelevant. ;)

mycorrhiza

At that point, I was glad that I don't believe in any gods, because it gave me hope: if it's just us versus an uncaring universe, then we have some hope of making things better, because even if the universe doesn't care to help us, it doesn't care to impede us, either. OTOH, if an entity of infinite power has decided that all things should be precisely as they are, then any attempt to make things better is a wasted effort, doomed to fail.

Beautifully described!

chinu

chinu
With events as they are? No.

When my father was dying (of cancer - a very aggressive non-Hodgkins lymphoma) we were at the hospital every day for the month that he was there before he died. One night while driving home, something occurred to me: as difficult as it was to watch my Dad suffer, it would have been even worse if I had to try to fit it into some idea that his suffering served some role in a divine, perfect plan.

Firstly death is like a chilli truth, secondly if something bad happens with us, It occurs because of the actions that we have done in our past/previous births. :(