• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think the weather/climate change has only to do with humans or is it also occuring naturally?

dfnj

There are too many people on the planet, but what does Greta expect us to do about that.

What kind of life does she expect us to live?

For almost two hundred years we've depended solely on fossil fuels. The powers that be have an iron grip over preventing any serious alternative to fossil fuels. I don't speak for Greta but I for one would like to see billions spent on research into serious fossil fuel alternative technologies:

But do not worry. The Chinese are spending billions:

China spending US$3.3 billion on molten salt nuclear reactors for faster aircraft carriers and in flying drones – NextBigFuture.com

The Chinese will become the richest people in the World the day they stop pumping money into the Saudi's coffers! I can pretty much guarantee you it will not be the US that solves the energy crisis.

Notanumber

A Free Man
For almost two hundred years we've depended solely on fossil fuels. The powers that be have an iron grip over preventing any serious alternative to fossil fuels. I don't speak for Greta but I for one would like to see billions spent on research into serious fossil fuel alternative technologies:

But do not worry. The Chinese are spending billions:

China spending US$3.3 billion on molten salt nuclear reactors for faster aircraft carriers and in flying drones – NextBigFuture.com

The Chinese will become the richest people in the World the day they stop pumping money into the Saudi's coffers! I can pretty much guarantee you it will not be the US that solves the energy crisis.

We should not be putting all our eggs in the Chinese basket.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Not only what the research is clearly telling us, but also common sense itself, should tell us that it is much better for us to move in the direction of renewable energy sources versus just relying on fossil fuels that are clearly affecting climate change and increasing levels of pollution. There is no real downside to this as new jobs are already being created even if old fossil fuel jobs are become less and less.

Thus, it really is a win/win situation.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Not only what the research is clearly telling us, but also common sense itself, should tell us that it is much better for us to move in the direction of renewable energy sources versus just relying on fossil fuels that are clearly affecting climate change and increasing levels of pollution. There is no real downside to this as new jobs are already being created even if old fossil fuel jobs are become less and less.

Thus, it really is a win/win situation.

If the free market can do the job without government subsidies funded by the taxpayer and it’s not used as an excuse for social change, let them get on with it. Provided that it does not cause more pollution and ruin what countryside we have left.

However, the French Yellow Vests do not see it as a win/win situation.