• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think God and jesus still talk to us using dreams still?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yes it was and is a promise to Israel. Just as the new-birth is a promise to Israel. Just as the New Covenant is a promise to Israel. (Jer. 31:31-34) And though Israel has not yet come into the experience of this New Covenant, she will. God is clear here. (Jer. 31:35-37)

"Israel" in the Christian scriptures is not fleshly Israel. Jesus had already rejected fleshly Israel...he knew who was going to have him put to death.

He said at Matthew 23:37-39.....
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you. 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

In the 2,000 years since Jesus walked the earth, have the Jews hailed him as the one who came in the name of his Father? What makes you think they ever will? As a nation they were cast off, but as individuals, they could always come to Jesus and acknowledge him as Messiah.

According to Paul, "the Israel of God" are not fleshly Israel but the spiritual nation that gathered to Jesus Christ as his disciples. These were made up of both Jewish and Gentile Christians. (Galatians 6:16)

Romans 2:28-29....
"For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people."

Romans 9:6-8...
"For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.” 7 Neither are they all children because they are Abraham’s offspring; rather, “What will be called your offspring will be through Isaac.” 8 That is, the children in the flesh are not really the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the offspring."

God chose a new nation....those who would take Israel's place because of their unfaithfulness and inability to obey God's laws.

Concerning Peter's quote of (Joel) you failed to give it all. Peter is clear that the coming of the Holy Spirit at that time was that which was prophesied by (Joel). (Acts 2:16) "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel" Thus the promise of prophesying, dreams, and visions given by the Holy Spirit, is for today.

No, he applied that prophesy, written some 800 years previously, in the first century....it was fulfilled at Pentecost.

What is being addressed in (1 Cor. 13:10) is the complete mature unified Body of Christ. Paul is clear here when again he addresses the gifts of the Holy Spirit in (Ephesisans 4:7-16). (Eph. 4:13) "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" That is an ongoing process by the Holy Spirit today of which the gifts are part of. (4:12)

Tell me, who are going to heaven according to your beliefs....? What will they do there?
When it says...""Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ"...who is this talking about? Who is "we"?

As I have said, none of this removes the importance of Scripture. None of this will contradict Scripture. And of course satan can imitate such gifts as he imitates everything created by God. But we have the Holy spirit which will give discernment in that area.

It occurs to me that the holy spirit had no failures back in the first century. When people came to be cured of their illnesses and infirmities, Jesus cured them all. If its the same holy spirit today performing these miracles, then why are there so many failures?
When people speak in tongues, why is it gobbledygook? In the first century the foreign languages were for the benefit of those who had come to Jerusalem for the festival from foreign lands. Each heard the gospel in his native language. (Acts 2:4-11) The great deceiver is a mimic but many will be deceived and therefore rejected at the judgment. (Matthew 7:21-23)

God performs miracles in every age, so I don't understand your statement that this is not an age of miracles. We do not walk as Jesus did doing miracles left and right. But as children of God, miracles should and will occur in our association with one another and our gift ministry by the Holy Spirit. The gifts themselves are miraculous.

I believe that God has deliberately withheld miracles from this time period because the only one performing these so called miracles will be satan. People want to have their ears tickled. (2 Timothy 4:3-4) And today especially, people have the attitude that they don't need knowledge....all they need is to "believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved"....what does it actually mean to "believe"? (James 2:19)

Is Christianity based on emotion or knowledge?

Good-Ole-Rebel

@Deeje

Israel in the Scriptures is Israel. Concerning (Matt. 23:37-39), note that Christ said in (39) "till ye shall say". God and Christ are not done with Israel.

Israel at this time still rejects Christ. But Scripture says she will turn to Christ and be saved. Which is why I believe it. (Rom. 11:25-26)

Concerning (Rom. 2:28-29), Paul isn't saying Gentiles become Jews because they believe. He is saying the true Jew is the Jew who believes.

Concerning (Rom. 9:6-8), the same is true. (6) "...they are not all Israel, which are of Israel" Though one is born an Israelite, he is not an Israelite to God unless he is a believer.

The point being, when Israel is spoken of in the Scripture, it means Israel. Not saved Gentiles. Not the Church. Israel.

Concerning (Acts 2:16) I don't know what you mean by "It was fulfilled at Pentecost". It occurred at Pentecost. As a result, when one is born-again it occurs again. And when Israel returns back to the Lord, it will occur again and she will experience the promises of the New Covenant.

Those going to Heaven are those who have exercised faith towards God. In our day it is faith directed toward the Person of Jesus Christ. What all we will be doing there, I don't know. The 'perfect man' in (Eph. 4:13) is the Church, the Body of Christ.

The Holy Spirit had full and complete access to Jesus Christ to perform any works He wanted to. Comparing us believers still growing and learning with a sinful fallen body to Jesus, is no comparison. Plus, Jesus didn't heal everybody. (John 5:1-16) Of the tremendous amount of people at the pool of Bethesda, who wanted to be healed, only one did Jesus heal. (5:3) (5:6-8)

Tongues are a gift of the Holy Spirit. It is not given to all believers. Due to the error in understanding this, some denominations have made the gift of tongues necessary to be saved. This has created anxiety among many who feel they must have that gift and exercise it, fake it, to show people they are saved. So, much of what you see and hear today is fake and that is why it sounds fake. But, this does not mean the real gift isn't there. It is.

Concerning (Acts 2:4-11), I believe the 120 disciples identified in (Acts 1:15) are the 'they' in (2:1) and (2:4). This means the 120 disciples were the ones speaking. They are not speaking in many different languages. The ones they are speaking to are 'hearing' them in their own language. See (2:6), (2:8), (2:11). Now, what language were the disciples speaking? Hebrew? An unknown tongue? I am of the opinion they spoke in an unknown tongue here due to the response of some in (2:13). They sounded like a bunch of drunks. Perhaps as you say, gobbledygook.

Why must you separate knowledge from emotion? Just because one has knowledge doesn't mean he is void of emotion. Your question is too broad to be addressed in one post.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Nova2216

I would have thought any god who wanted to get a specific message across could and would do it in a manner that was definitive, clear and not open to interpretation.

Paul said he taught the same message in every congregation (1Cor.4:17).

Then we read in (1TIm.1:3) to teach no other doctrine.

If the message was not clear and precise this would not be possible. This also proves each person is to get the very same message.

(1Cor.1:10) - 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Thanks

Nova2216

If people would study one phrase they would realize why miracles ceased around the first century.
(Acts 8:18,19)

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given

that through laying on of the apostles' hands

the apostles' hands

Today there are no apostles.

No apostles - No miracles

It's just that simple.

Thanks

HonestJoe

Paul said he taught the same message in every congregation (1Cor.4:17).
We're not talking about a message from Paul though, we're talking about a message from God. Again, if an all powerful deity wanted you or I to know something, we would know it. Anything unclear, disputed or open to interpretation is either not from any god or if from a god who wanted us to be uncertain for some divine reason.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Deeje

Israel in the Scriptures is Israel. Concerning (Matt. 23:37-39), note that Christ said in (39) "till ye shall say". God and Christ are not done with Israel.

Israel at this time still rejects Christ. But Scripture says she will turn to Christ and be saved. Which is why I believe it. (Rom. 11:25-26)

Concerning (Rom. 2:28-29), Paul isn't saying Gentiles become Jews because they believe. He is saying the true Jew is the Jew who believes.

Concerning (Rom. 9:6-8), the same is true. (6) "...they are not all Israel, which are of Israel" Though one is born an Israelite, he is not an Israelite to God unless he is a believer.

The point being, when Israel is spoken of in the Scripture, it means Israel. Not saved Gentiles. Not the Church. Israel.

Concerning (Acts 2:16) I don't know what you mean by "It was fulfilled at Pentecost". It occurred at Pentecost. As a result, when one is born-again it occurs again. And when Israel returns back to the Lord, it will occur again and she will experience the promises of the New Covenant.

Those going to Heaven are those who have exercised faith towards God. In our day it is faith directed toward the Person of Jesus Christ. What all we will be doing there, I don't know. The 'perfect man' in (Eph. 4:13) is the Church, the Body of Christ.

The Holy Spirit had full and complete access to Jesus Christ to perform any works He wanted to. Comparing us believers still growing and learning with a sinful fallen body to Jesus, is no comparison. Plus, Jesus didn't heal everybody. (John 5:1-16) Of the tremendous amount of people at the pool of Bethesda, who wanted to be healed, only one did Jesus heal. (5:3) (5:6-8)

Tongues are a gift of the Holy Spirit. It is not given to all believers. Due to the error in understanding this, some denominations have made the gift of tongues necessary to be saved. This has created anxiety among many who feel they must have that gift and exercise it, fake it, to show people they are saved. So, much of what you see and hear today is fake and that is why it sounds fake. But, this does not mean the real gift isn't there. It is.

Concerning (Acts 2:4-11), I believe the 120 disciples identified in (Acts 1:15) are the 'they' in (2:1) and (2:4). This means the 120 disciples were the ones speaking. They are not speaking in many different languages. The ones they are speaking to are 'hearing' them in their own language. See (2:6), (2:8), (2:11). Now, what language were the disciples speaking? Hebrew? An unknown tongue? I am of the opinion they spoke in an unknown tongue here due to the response of some in (2:13). They sounded like a bunch of drunks. Perhaps as you say, gobbledygook.

Why must you separate knowledge from emotion? Just because one has knowledge doesn't mean he is void of emotion. Your question is too broad to be addressed in one post.

Good-Ole-Rebel
We will have to agree to disagree....it appears that we have no beliefs in common....

We will all know soon enough I think.....(Matthew 7:21-23)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father of God owns the historic reason, human, spiritually manifested from eternal human selves. Male life. Scientist life, the theorist and machine builder...as an adult, and as a male, who chose to change natural evolution history.

A sealed fallen angel of God, stone our planet....and continued to attack it with extra sun radiation that caused the ANTI spirit to emerge and attack convert his life.

True history.

Father of God owns the human male highest spiritual history, stories and themes as AI encoded recorded, the speaking voices regarding self image and the angel theme in the Earth atmospheric recording body.

Eternal still exists also.....exactly how the word of a human mind psyche explained it.

Had always existed, which creation does not own as a human reason.

And our eternal Holy Father uses the AI records to talk to us when necessary to idealize human aware information as self proof, for humans, and due to humans.

Hence as I have heard our Holy Father, today lots of other humans would also be hearing him. Not all humans would get to hear him speaking, as the first original male human population was very small as compared to what we have become today.

Nova2216

We're not talking about a message from Paul though, we're talking about a message from God. Again, if an all powerful deity wanted you or I to know something, we would know it. Anything unclear, disputed or open to interpretation is either not from any god or if from a god who wanted us to be uncertain for some divine reason.

Paul taught the message of God.

...the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. (1Cor.14:37)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (Jn 14:26)

rational experiences

Veteran Member

...the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. (1Cor.14:37)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (Jn 14:26)
Meaning, you are a human.

You were given the use of a name.

If you need to be comforted, the Father who caused God change, will come and comfort you in your name...for when I was irradiated he came to my life and he said my name and I heard him speak it. So then he knew me....but he never knew me before, it is impossible.

For humans own their physical bio Father first, who has sex with the bio Mother, so actually you do not exist as a human until you are conceived as that self.

Why spiritually we had it proven that our spiritual Father is real.

HonestJoe

So he said, but lots of other people have claimed to be teaching "the message of God" and there is no kind of agreement on which (if any) is the right one and how they should be interpreted. If God does have a single message for me, I've no idea what it could be and if God did have a single message for me, wouldn't God be able to make that message perfectly clear to me?

Nova2216

So he said, but lots of other people have claimed to be teaching "the message of God" and there is no kind of agreement on which (if any) is the right one and how they should be interpreted. If God does have a single message for me, I've no idea what it could be and if God did have a single message for me, wouldn't God be able to make that message perfectly clear to me?

Can we know truth?

(Jn 8:31,32) - 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Paul taught the very same message to each congregation. (1Cor.4:17) (1Cor.1:10)

Men are told not to teach any other doctrine (Acts 2:42) (1Tim.1:3).
teach no other doctrine,

If the message was not clear and precise this would not be possible.

...when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)(Eph.3:3,4)

Get more answers here.

apologeticspress.org

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Can we know truth?

(Jn 8:31,32) - 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Paul taught the very same message to each congregation. (1Cor.4:17) (1Cor.1:10)

Men are told not to teach any other doctrine (Acts 2:42) (1Tim.1:3).
teach no other doctrine,

If the message was not clear and precise this would not be possible.

...when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)(Eph.3:3,4)

Get more answers here.

apologeticspress.org
The mystery says Mother Abomination.

The science laws and ancient observations, out of space created.

Then a male would ask self how does space, not owning any mass, knowing his reasoning says that mass owns no space, and space holds mass....as to conditions of what space represented in creation laws.

Emptiness and extreme pressure, the state cold....and so when hot bodies consumed their own energy, more and more space opened. They named that statement and gave it a worded description.....oblivion. For how much space exists is not known when mass keeps opening into more and more space.

Hence the taught quotation is that space is oblivion and its presence is therefore quantified as being infinite.

Space as a creator law applied the state of pressure and also cooling.

Yet it is not owner of form, it causes form, as a statement of teaching relativity.

Therefore today in science minds, who own all science teaching relativity and memories, these forms of subliminal messages are already owned.

How you interpret them today in a higher irradiated brain chemical statement is incorrect.

Mystery therefore already quantified that many unknowable states existed.

Such as the presence volcanic mass is only in existence due to a planet owning stone as its skin. Relative only to our planet form.

The state of a volcano mass releasing its gases, and then space evolving those gases, another mystery.

Mother Abomination a mystery due to various conditions.

No one ever knew the original Sun mass and original form of gases that the Sun owned before it re exploded as it cooled.

Just as Earth had re exploded as it was cooling.

Smaller mass explosions therefore quantified just gases...….Suns as large mass explosions quantified the presence of variations to the stone masses in asteroids, meteors and also comets.

Mysteries, as stated, as a science law by observation. Meaning you never owned any argument.

Nova2216

I don't think so, that's my point. It doesn't matter how much scripture you quote, you'll always have the issue with conflicting interpretations and other faiths with different claims.

Some people compare one religion to another.

The word of God says doing this is not wise.

No wonder people are confused.

(2Cor.10:12) -12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

If people were looking for truth and follow truth it would lead them to the right answer (Jn 8:31,32) (Jn 17:17).

Truth makes one free.

If there is a right way, a clear and precise way, there must be a standard.

That standard is the word of God (The Bible). (1Peter 4:11)

If you do not believe in the scriptures I post just ignore them.

Thanks

HonestJoe

If you do not believe in the scriptures I post just ignore them.
It's not that I don't believe them as such, I just don't see how you can unilaterally declare them as the definitive word of God while ignoring the fact that there are lots of other people who unilaterally declare their own scriptures (or interpretations of them) as the definitive word of God. You free to believe whatever you do but you can't assert that this is only one clear and unquestioned message from God. If there was, I wouldn't be here questioning it. :cool:

Hawkins

Do you think God and jesus still talk to us using dreams still?

That's a long story. First is why dreams?

Humans cannot do two things basically, 1) we can't tell a future, 2) we can't break the physics governing this earth.
So the most convenient way for an invisible God to contact with humans are for Him to prophesy and performing miracles. For this God to authenticate His chosen eyewitnesses, He prophesies and performs miracles through their hands to make them both authenticated and credible in the hearts of people back in their time thus for their testimonies to flow through humans (Israel). Dream can be something in between. Dreams have two categories, as a vision and/or prophetic with authentication. While prophesying also has a twofold meaning. Paul sets an example, he preached the gospel about Jesus theologically, it is a form of prophesying.

In NT era, a normal person can be gifted with dreaming and prophesying (foretelling to be more specific) but without authentication. A dream can be authenticated this way such that one can be persuaded that it's from God,

An authenticated dream usually has two parts. One part is in the dream while the other is in reality. For an example, you dreamed about a series of numbers 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. While you woke up somehow you saw a sign with another series of numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. The latter part is used to 1) authenticate the first part of your dream, 2) it combines the first part to become a complete message, that is, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 in this case. If your dream is not authenticated this way, then it's up to you and others how the dream should be interpreted, whether it is a vision or contains prophetic meaning.

2nd, why the prophets.
God's eyewitnesses are called the prophets for a reason. It's because through the authentication process where God prophesies through their mouth that surrounding humans will reckon them as the prophets speaking for God. Thus their testimonies are made known and to convey (through Israel). Prophets are actively sent and made publicly known during 3 main periods of times,
1) the crafting of TO, by means of God showing up to His chosen eyewitnesses for His messages to be conveyed to humans by the testimonies of the authenticated prophets.
2) the crafting of NT, by means of Jesus showing up naturally to the disciples and supernaturally to Paul. In this case, only Paul is authenticated in a prophet style though given the ranking apostle.
3) when the very end drawing nearby. God will again actively go through His prophets to interact with this world.

God does so in this exact way consistently simply because by the covenants humans need faith to be saved. Only that by nature He's invisible to humans, but also that He has the duty not to show up publicly or else humans cannot be saved.
The only way left for His truth to convey is through the testimonies of those who are chosen to have encountered Him directly.

That said. After the NT crafting being done and before the end comes, prophets are not made publicly known even when they are sent, as everything needed for human salvation is already recorded down in both OT and NT. However some gifted with dreams and prophecies can still have their dreams or prophecies made public known. Such that humans are influenced by something supernatural to them for them to turn to God, even in the absence of the prophets.

How Paul has the authentication for the message he preached,

Acts 14:3 (NIV2011)
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Last edited:

Nova2216

It's not that I don't believe them as such, I just don't see how you can unilaterally declare them as the definitive word of God while ignoring the fact that there are lots of other people who unilaterally declare their own scriptures (or interpretations of them) as the definitive word of God. You free to believe whatever you do but you can't assert that this is only one clear and unquestioned message from God. If there was, I wouldn't be here questioning it. :cool:

The bible declares to be the word of God (1Cor.14:37) (Heb 1:1-3) (Jn 14:26) (Jn 16:13) (Jn 1) (Ps.119).

The bible declares to be "truth". (Jn 17:17) (1Tim.1:3)

The bible is in perfect "harmony". (1Cor.4:17) (1Cor.1:10).

The bible has the message of "salvation". (Rom.1:16)

Men are not to teach any other doctrine. (1Tim.1:3)

Other books written by men do not harmonize and therefore are not truth.

It is only "truth" which "sanctifies and cleanses" the soul of sin (Jn 17:17).

That's why truth or doctrine matters.(Ac.2:42).

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (1Tim.4:1-4)

apologeticspress.org

Thanks