• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see yourself

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You're like the first person I've told that I didn't vote in 2016. It's nice to know I'm not the only one disenchanted.

Thanks. I don't talk about it. "They" can go on near hours telling me how I made the wrong decision. I wonder how the world would be if everyone else followed our lead?

amorphous_constellation

Hm. Where do you see yourself in regards to helping the other compared to others with whom are destructive? Or. Are you destructive as well?

Well, in our civilization there really isn't much room made for many of my spiritual views. If you take on views that can be non-biblical, it really puts the strong biblical element at the root of the civilization in stark relief, and these elements infuse each of our lives. My status therefore, is really just that of being a cog in the machine that serves those root interests. As one example, I think our approach to materialism seem quite fatalistic, but the use of endless of plastic and oil etc. makes sense if you think the eschaton will wash it all away. I of course, use all of the junk everyone else does: the cars, the plastic objects, the factory farmed meat. I haven't quite broken away to live in the wilderness

We use "we" in abstract ways. For example the word humanity is many times attributed to other people as a whole but when asked about our own views we can either see ourselves as sinners or as blessings. Is there a way we can see ourselves as the solution/blessings if we-you and I-aren't at that point yet?

Can we really think of it that way? It seems to me that our Christian culture explores our individuality more than our non-duality. This is sense of individuality means that we are all personally responsible for the sin or the blessing. It also gives us a power which we perhaps haven't earned, and don't know how to use. I think that perhaps on the neutral level, primates tend to work best on a team - barring perhaps the role of the sorcerer in traditional human societies, who would properly undertake the pursuit of spiritual power alone.