• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see yourself

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
...as part of humanity's problems?

Do you see yourself as part of humanity's problems?

Do we see yourself as part of our countries political problems?

Is it "they" who creates the problems in this world?

If it is we who creates the problem, how can we see ourselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem?

(To add a curveball for context: How can we see ourselves as a blessing rather than a sinner?)

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

If it is we who creates the problem, how can we see ourselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem?

(To add a curveball: How can we see ourselves as a blessing rather than a sinner?)

Yes, Yes...

But there is no we. I can't fix you. I can only work to improve myself. Maybe if I'm successful though, others will be inspired to try and duplicate that success.

IOW I can't force you to succeed. I can only strive to succeed myself and maybe others will learn something from my success.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, Yes...

But there is no we. I can't fix you. I can only work to improve myself. Maybe if I'm successful though, others will be inspired to try and duplicate that success.

IOW I can't force you to succeed. I can only strive to succeed myself and maybe others will learn something from my success.

That's one way we can see it among many. I heard in a Dharma talk awhile back about doing things for others for the sake of our benefit. So, if the other doesn't benefit or appreciate what we do, it is not our burden and not the other person's either. We benefit from our actions to others not just ourselves. It does depend on the personality-so I learned from the 16personality test.

What you think?

amorphous_constellation

I guess I'm a believer in the innate neutrality of the species, and this is the 'home base' that we're going to have to rediscover. If we can find it, then we've found the control room that we have to live in. So far, we find ourselves monkeying around in too many destructive ways, chewing up the wiring of the earth, gumming up all the buttons. If we take the neutral position however, then we simply live on the excess that the earth naturally allots us. We also can't be a 'blessing' unless we work tentatively from the neutral zone, if we can in fact be any kind of a 'blessing' at all. As you can see, I put the human problem as a sub-context to earth's problems. I don't understand how we can really see it any other way.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That's one way we can see it among many. I heard in a Dharma talk awhile back about doing things for others for the sake of our benefit. So, if the other doesn't benefit or appreciate what we do, it is not our burden and not the other person's either. We benefit from our actions to others not just ourselves. It does depend on the personality-so I learned from the 16personality test.

What you think?

16 personality? Like

Few personality types are as poetic and kind-hearted as Mediators. Their altruism and vivid imagination allow Mediators to overcome many challenging obstacles, more often than not brightening the lives of those around them. Mediators’ creativity is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

Yet Mediators can be easily tripped up in areas where idealism and altruism are more of a liability than an asset. Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, making friends, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder or planning for the future, Mediators need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills.

That me I guess, the mediator...

I help others because it is who I am and feel useful by it. I like feeling useful. So I benefit.

But fixing the world, I don't have "the" solution. I deal with what works for me. May not work for someone else so see no reason on insisting on my way. As long as no one is stepping on my toes, I'm happy to suggest but not criticize if you find whatever it is your doing works for you.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Yes. I know I contribute to things as a person that I need to stop doing.
Nope, because I didn't vote for anyone in the election. :)
Not always, sometimes it's definitely the "me".
Sometimes you can't if you're honest. Sad but true.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I guess I'm a believer in the innate neutrality of the species, and this is the 'home base' that we're going to have to rediscover. If we can find it, then we've found the control room that we have to live in. So far, we find ourselves monkeying around in too many destructive ways, chewing up the wiring of the earth, gumming up all the buttons. If we take the neutral position however, then we simply live on the excess that the earth naturally allots us. We also can't be a 'blessing' unless we work tentatively from the neutral zone, if we can in fact be any kind of a 'blessing' at all. As you can see, I put the human problem as a sub-context to earth's problems. I don't understand how we can really see it any other way.

Hm. Where do you see yourself in regards to helping the other compared to others with whom are destructive? Or. Are you destructive as well?

We use "we" in abstract ways. For example the word humanity is many times attributed to other people as a whole but when asked about our own views we can either see ourselves as sinners or as blessings. Is there a way we can see ourselves as the solution/blessings if we-you and I-aren't at that point yet?

Do you contribute to the destruction?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
16 personality? Like

Few personality types are as poetic and kind-hearted as Mediators. Their altruism and vivid imagination allow Mediators to overcome many challenging obstacles, more often than not brightening the lives of those around them. Mediators’ creativity is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

Yet Mediators can be easily tripped up in areas where idealism and altruism are more of a liability than an asset. Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, making friends, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder or planning for the future, Mediators need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills.

That me I guess, the mediator...

I help others because it is who I am and feel useful by it. I like feeling useful. So I benefit.

But fixing the world, I don't have "the" solution. I deal with what works for me. May not work for someone else so see no reason on insisting on my way. As long as no one is stepping on my toes, I'm happy to suggest but not criticize if you find whatever it is your doing works for you.

Hm. I mentioned to another in this thread about a Dharma talk I listened to awhile back. It was emphasizing that we help others for our benefit since we can't expect others to appreciate what we have done. In that sense, it relieves us from giving "only if" the other person rightly receives our efforts of charity.

I'm an adventurer. Funny, it's near 95% correct. I like the test. It's pretty accurate. The articles are good too if you get a chance to read them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Nope, because I didn't vote for anyone in the election. :)

Hm. I thought I was the only one. People do try to pressure me to vote. My church is in part political so they are all on it.

Sometimes you can't if you're honest. Sad but true.

Yeah. I don't know about other cultures, but the christian inherited sin has a lot to do with it as embedded in our society etc. It's hard to get away from it to know we are part of the solution even if we don't think so.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

(To add a curveball for context: How can we see ourselves as a blessing rather than a sinner?)
I don`t see "my self" There is only a vision of each current moment. A vision can be positive, negative or neutral. it is only how we react to it that makes it positive, negative or neutral

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hm. Can you give an example?
A positive vision is something that makes the person feel good.
A negative vision is something that makes the person feel fear, anger and so on.
A neutral vision is something that makes the person neither positive or negative, the person only sees it for what it is, and experience of a moment.

Again if we react with good feeling the moment is positive
if we react with fear or anger we experience a moment of negativity
if we do not react at all it is a neutral experience of the moment

exchemist

Veteran Member

I see myself - and most other people - as a bit of both.

I don't really see the world in terms of "problems" for humanity. I see something called the human condition, the slings and arrows of which we are all exposed to in different ways, and which we all try to make more tolerable for ourselves and those we love. Sometimes we have some success: sometimes we fail.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I do not see myself as part of we nor they. I am in the river of life as a matter of fact. To become attached to any one ancient belief system or the other is to become a part of the problem. I believe we can move away from the problem and toward the light or universal by recognizing nothing is necessary and everything is impermanent.

By not seeing us as a blessing nor a sinner but a fallible human being.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I do not see myself as part of we nor they. I am in the river of life as a matter of fact. To become attached to any one ancient belief system or the other is to become a part of the problem. I believe we can move away from the problem and toward the light or universal by recognizing nothing is necessary and everything is impermanent.

I'm not sure how seeing oneself as a river of life relate to a belief system?

Who are you?

By not seeing us as a blessing nor a sinner but a fallible human being.

Sinner and fallible go together?
Both referring to the imperfectness of the human beyond the terminology.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A positive vision is something that makes the person feel good.
A negative vision is something that makes the person feel fear, anger and so on.
A neutral vision is something that makes the person neither positive or negative, the person only sees it for what it is, and experience of a moment.

Again if we react with good feeling the moment is positive
if we react with fear or anger we experience a moment of negativity
if we do not react at all it is a neutral experience of the moment

What do you mean by vision of each current moment?

Bird123

Blame is one of the petty things mankind holds so dear. For some, it's easy to point and blame others. This blinds so many from the true reality that exists.

This world is a multilevel classroom. One will see others learning lessons one has already learned. Does that make others evil? I don't see it..

Adversity in this world so often points the direction of learning. It brings things to the surface so they can be dealt with. Wisdom is acquired through the struggles to attain resolution. People try to avoid Drama and yet most of the learning will come around Drama.

All this is leading us toward perfection and a higher level. With so many variables, the dynamics of God's system is simply amazing. Perhaps that is why so many are blind to it. There is a lot to see.

From a large view there is Genius behind everything. So much learning and goodness can come from adversity. With this in mind, everyone is making the world and people better even though many can not see it.

One must remember this world really isn't about having it made. Life is about learning and growing as people. This will never be done walking on eggshells or without challenges. I say we should all strive to learn and grow the best we can along with loving each other unconditionally. Given enough lessons and time, we will all learn how to create a Heavenly state.

One must reach for a Higher Level. Can one ever get there if one values such petty things as blame and hate? Of course not!

That's what I see. It's very clear!! WE are all part of the solution!!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm not sure how seeing oneself as a river of life relate to a belief system?

The river of life is everything physical and spiritual is empermanment and in transition. By identifying more with the universal is a way of avoiding attachment to one belief system nor another, and dwelling attachment to the past which in reality no longer exists.

I believe clinging and dwelling in the past is being part of the problem. The witness of today's world confirms this.

Who are you?
At present I am a Baha'i which translates to the follower of light, and acknowledges the temporal impermanent nature of the human relationship with the universal and the Divine including the limits of my belief. The vast diversity of belief over the vast history of humanity, and our present knowledge of the vastness of our physical existence negates the very limited perspective of any ancient world view. Our hope is in the evolving spiritual and physical nature of our physical existence, and not in any one past paradigm nor in the temporal nature of any one belief system. Empermance rules.

Sinner and fallible go together?

No not in the greater perspective of being human.

Both referring to the imperfectness of the human beyond the terminology.

Actually the imperfectness of humanity is beyond being a blessing nor a sinner.

Last edited: