• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see yourself

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually no. The past needs to be revered and understood, not lived.

Everyone has their own "place" where they live. I'm not really a future person-saving up for retirement, looking forward to god, things like that. The past, to some extent like remembering my family, taking on what they left off. Finding my place in the spirit of my loved ones. Since there is technically no present, the best we can do look at the past and future from a different perspective. We learn from our past and our mind makes predictions for future events based on what it learned.

When one is always in the present moment, it's not taking in account it's just one timeline.

Every ones different, of course.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
...as part of humanity's problems?

Do you see yourself as part of humanity's problems?

Do we see yourself as part of our countries political problems?

Is it "they" who creates the problems in this world?

If it is we who creates the problem, how can we see ourselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem?

(To add a curveball for context: How can we see ourselves as a blessing rather than a sinner?)
I have a thread around here somewhere
Abolish the Two Party System
or something like that

as long as it is..... we vs them

we are the problem

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Everyone has their own "place" where they live. I'm not really a future person-saving up for retirement, looking forward to god, things like that. The past, to some extent like remembering my family, taking on what they left off. Finding my place in the spirit of my loved ones. Since there is technically no present, the best we can do look at the past and future from a different perspective. We learn from our past and our mind makes predictions for future events based on what it learned.

When one is always in the present moment, it's not taking in account it's just one timeline.

Not a true perspective of what I stated in previous posts. Reread and respond coherently. You clearly do not understand what it means to live in the passing moment. It does mean to ignore the past. In fact the as I said the past is to be revered and understood. Our knowledge is the light of future moments as in our knowledge of science..

Please do not misrepresent me. I did state the to live in the past is to cling to a world long gone.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

As I cited and described this is not the case, and you continue to misquote and misrepresent my posts and view.

A very humanist perspective on your part. All this says is the obvious of the sky is Carolina blue at noon on the 4th of July on a clear day.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Not a true perspective of what I stated in previous posts. Reread and respond coherently. You clearly do not understand what it means to live in the passing moment. It does mean to ignore the past. In fact the as I said the past is to be revered and understood. Our knowledge is the light of future moments.

Everyone is different.

I didn't say you. It was my comment and perspective: there is no present moment. I don't always like saying "just my opinion" all the time. Gets annoying.

Please do not misrepresent me. I did state the to live in the past is to cling to a world long gons.

Not sure where I misrepresented you.... actually, from reading it, I never said the word "you" in my post.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Everyone is different.

So what!??!?!!???!

I didn't say you. It was my comment and perspective: there is no present moment. I don't always like saying "just my opinion" all the time. Gets annoying.

Of course, there is no present specific moment technically, but that is not my point, because it indeed is simply passing, but living in the present is living is the concept of not clinging to the illusions of the past, which no longer exists.

Not sure where I misrepresented you.... actually, from reading it, I never said the word "you" in my post.

This is a dialogue between me and you and no one else. Your statements indeed misrepresent and misquote ne by just asserting what you think the meaning of my view is.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
QUOTE="shunyadragon, post: 6589457, member: 61872"]Of course, there is no present specific moment technically, but that is not my point, because it indeed is simply passing, but living in the present is living is the concept of not clinging to the illusions of the past, which no longer exists.[/QUOTE]

Okay. We each have our own opinions on the issue. The point was asking you more about your opinion and expressing my own:

This is a dialogue between me and you and no one else. Your statements indeed misrepresent and misquote ne by just asserting what you think the meaning of my view is.

How so?

Please give me an example.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
QUOTE="shunyadragon, post: 6589457, member: 61872"]Of course, there is no present specific moment technically, but that is not my point, because it indeed is simply passing, but living in the present is living is the concept of not clinging to the illusions of the past, which no longer exists.

Yes.

Okay. We each have our own opinions on the issue. The point was asking you more about your opinion and expressing my own:

Huh?!?!?! So what?!?!?! Still no response base don what I stated.

How so?

Please give me an example.

Simply read my posts and respond specifically what I said and not what you think I said, Of course, there is no present specific moment technically, but that is not my point, because it indeed is simply passing, but living in the present is living is the concept of not clinging to the illusions of the past, which no longer exists.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes.

Simply read my posts and respond specifically what I said and not what you think I said, Of course, there is no present specific moment technically, but that is not my point, because it indeed is simply passing, but living in the present is living is the concept of not clinging to the illusions of the past, which no longer exists.

I was following along with the conversation until you mentioned my misreading you and other negativity things. That throws me off and unless it's clarified and I can address the problem, I can't just "go back."

The point in the beginning (I won't read all your posts again) is asking you more about your opinion on the "present" point of view. My opinion is that we (we as in people in general not me and you) tend to say present not realizing we do look to the past and future as part of our view of life.

As for saying "I don't understand" that's your assumption but you got to ask for clarification before jumping to that conclusion. I don't know you from three or four some odd posts. ;)

Gosh. Now I near forgot the main conversation point. I would go back if your tone changes a bit.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes.

Since I have nothing better to do, I found out what you have an issue about. I asked you to clarify after mentioning who you are in the bahai faith. Then I mentioned my point of view, then you took offensive over that.

The online nature of a forum is we don't always have to reply and comment exactly on the other person's reply. In healthy conversations it's assumed that we are talking about our own views and/or reacting to the other person we are speaking of. It's the nature of a conversation. I'm sorry you read more into my opinion, but my point still stands: I disagree with the present point of view. We are all different. There is no present but one string of being.

That's about it.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Yeah. I don't know about other cultures, but the christian inherited sin has a lot to do with it as embedded in our society etc. It's hard to get away from it to know we are part of the solution even if we don't think so.
I guess the first step to a solution is always know the problem. You're right.
Hm. I thought I was the only one. People do try to pressure me to vote. My church is in part political so they are all on it.
You're like the first person I've told that I didn't vote in 2016. It's nice to know I'm not the only one disenchanted.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Since I have nothing better to do, I found out what you have an issue about. I asked you to clarify after mentioning who you are in the bahai faith. Then I mentioned my point of view, then you took offensive over that.

No I had problem when you interpreted and misrepresented my view not based on what posted

The online nature of a forum is we don't always have to reply and comment exactly on the other person's reply. In healthy conversations it's assumed that we are talking about our own views and/or reacting to the other person we are speaking of. It's the nature of a conversation. I'm sorry you read more into my opinion, but my point still stands: I disagree with the present point of view. We are all different. There is no present but one string of being.

That's about it.

In healthy dialogue you do not misrepresent the view of others.

Cooky

Veteran Member
...as part of humanity's problems?

Do you see yourself as part of humanity's problems?

Do we see yourself as part of our countries political problems?

Is it "they" who creates the problems in this world?

If it is we who creates the problem, how can we see ourselves as part of the solution rather than part of the problem?

(To add a curveball for context: How can we see ourselves as a blessing rather than a sinner?)

As an optimist, I tend to focus on the good more often than the bad (problems). There truly is something to be said about The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and the the Law of Attraction.