• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you sag your pants?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A lot of people sag their pants around here. It just doesn't look very comfortable.

Recently I saw a guy walking down the hallway with both hands full of groceries and his pants fell down around his ankles. He shuffled down the hallway with pants below the knees. It looked quite ridiculous.

What message do you think people are trying to send when they dress like that? Yes, obviously they think it's cool.

What are your thoughts when you see it (if any).

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
To me it looks unseemly and childish. It's never something I have understood.

But I wear boys' underwear. Does that count?

Shadow Link

Obviously too, these people do not hang out in a wooded area where the likelihood of having to run from a predator has been greatly increased.

Cooky

Veteran Member
A lot of people sag their pants around here. It just doesn't look very comfortable.

Recently I saw a guy walking down the hallway with both hands full of groceries and his pants fell down around his ankles. He shuffled down the hallway with pants below the knees. It looked quite ridiculous.

What message do you think people are trying to send when they dress like that? Yes, obviously they think it's cool.

What are your thoughts when you see it (if any).

I don't understand it. And I know that if I forget my belt, it's going to be a very uncomfortable day.

...But if one's not much of a multi-tasker, something like that could help as long as you don't lose your patience.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No. I always thought it was stupid and classless. It's also rather homoerotic and it's said to have come from prison culture. It's rather ironic that you have these macho "thug" types walking around with their butts hanging out, and they're often homophobic.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
It's revolting. I think they should be given a citation for indecent exposure.
The really ridiculous look is when the pants hang below the butt cheeks and are belted.
Ever watch LivePD? It's a riot when a saggy panter tries to run from the cops. Their pants fall and their feet tangle in the mess and they splat flat on their face.

How it because a fashion statement is unknown. However, where it originated is.
Prison!
Correctional facilities aren't exactly boutiques. You get as close to your size as possible even when it has to be extra large. Belts aren't provided for security reasons.
Therefore, most men would get a size larger pant than they would normally wear. This caused the sag look.
But then a strange thing happened. Gross really.
The designated "girls" in the prison would start to wear their pants saggy so as to show their butt. And this was what was called the f&g flag. Letting people know by the look and the feminine behavior that these particular boys were do-able, shall we say.

That is when straight men started pulling their sag's up.
And really, what straight man in the free world shows their backside to other men?