• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you love thrill rides or roller coasters?

cardero

Citizen Mod
I believe I have outgrown them. Mrscardero thinks it is a "stick-in-the-mud" quality about me but I think it was because I never went to major amusement parks when I was a kid (I was 28 when I went to 6 Flags Great Adventure and 36 when I went to Disney World and I was unimpressed with both). I know that there are people who tour amusement parks just to ride the famous roller coasters, in fact, there is a club or group that does this. I used to have a girlfriend who wanted to join this organization but the traveling was too expensive.

jacquie4000

I believe I have outgrown them. Mrscardero thinks it is a "stick-in-the-mud" quality about me but I think it was because I never went to major amusement parks when I was a kid (I was 28 when I went to 6 Flags Great Adventure and 36 when I went to Disney World). I know that there are people who tour amusement parks just to ride the famous roller coasters, in fact, there is a club or group that does this. I used to have a girlfriend who wanted to join this organization but the traveling was too expensive.

I had a boyfriend that was like that to. We would go to the parks because he wanted his daughter to go and of course my son. But I would end up begging the kids to go on with me too, because he had no interest in it.:( I am 40 and still have not outgrown them:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
I'm a stick in the mud because I don't care for amusement parks. I don't think it's just crowds -- I like Ren Fairs just fine.

I guess I'm just not into standing around on the tarmac on a hot day waiting a half hour for a few minutes' ride.

I do like bumper cars, though. :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hehe. I do love roller coaster rides but utterly detest the atmosphere of theme parks. My last ride was on an older all wood monster at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver when I was still knee high to a grasshopper. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

nutshell

I love roller coasters, but I think I enjoy creative rides even more. Disney has certainly impressed with rides such as "Soarin' Over California," "Indiana Jones," "Pooh's Honey Pot," and "Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers."

Don't get me wrong, I love a good thrill - but the creative rides offer something you can't find at any amusement park.

And, when I go to Disney, I don't spend time on the tarmac waiting for a few minutes worth of ride. My family has done the research and has a Disney trip down to a science.

One of our sources is ridemax.com. Check it out. It really works.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
i love the ones that scare the pants off of you!
*Imagines Mike182 suggesting a quick ride to an extremely good looking friend*
*Imagines Mike182 gleefully holding the fellow's trousers at the end of the run... and then running off with them -- giggling like a schoolgirl* :D

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I LOVE them! I just got back from a week (on business) in Las Vegas, where I went on the roller coaster at New York! New York! It was a fun one, probably the best one I've been on, but then I probably haven't been on as many really great ones as a lot of you have.

Hope

Princesinha
Roller coasters! :D Even though I hate waiting in line for hours, and the general atmosphere of theme parks. I love going in the off-season, when the crowds are small and you can ride one roller coaster over and over without standing in line.

I can't decide what my favorite roller coaster is. The Shockwave, a stand-up ride at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia, is great. Especially in the very front, where you look down and there's nothing but track in front of you. The Rebel Yell, also at Kings Dominion, is a good one----best experienced going backwards. A bit more fun and scary that way! I also like the Loch Ness Monster, an oldie but goodie, at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I love a good thrill! MMmmmmm.... adrenaline..... :drool:

I also like the Loch Ness Monster, an oldie but goodie, at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

I actually rode that one (though it was quite a while ago), and loved it! That one roller coaster is why I want to go back to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

Runt

I'm not addicted to adrenaline. ;)

I'm also a scaredy-pants. I no like teh roller coaster. :(

Hope

Princesinha
I actually rode that one (though it was quite a while ago), and loved it! That one roller coaster is why I want to go back to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

Awesome. It's a fun ride. :D Hope you get to go back sometime.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
I'd prefer sky coasters. Being lifted up, and pulling a cord to drop and swing on a massive swing concept. I have been on, supposedly, the worlds tallest one in Florida, that is 300+ feet tall.
Allthough, that pales in comparison to sky diving. THAT is one helluvan adrenaline rush, and an experience that NOTHING can compare to.

Hope

Princesinha
Does anybody but me prefer the old wooden roller coasters?

I prefer them.....generally....though the really old ones sometimes feel like they're about to fall apart. And that's not a comforting feeling while careening around a curve 50 or so odd feet above the ground! :eek:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh, I love 'em! At our local Six Flags Amusement Park in St. Louis, we have a few roller coasters that are a "must see" every time we go: The Batman and Mr. Freeze. We always ride in the front with both rides for the extra thrills, too.

When we took our two oldest boys to Florida for vacation in June, we went on the Tower of Terror at MGM Disney...........I think my absolute favorite ride ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER. The special effects, the storyline, and the fact that you're in pitch black when the elevator drops for a free fall is just the coolest.

But I have to give props to The Mummy ride at Universal Studios. It's an indoor roller coaster - no loops or corkscrews - that goes around 45-50mph, but it's the special effects that make the ride so friggin' awesome.

Talking about roller coasters turn me into a giddy pre-teen kid, and I wind up saying "awesome", "coolest", and "sweet!" most times. :D

Great thread!!

Peace,
Mystic

jacquie4000

Oh, I love 'em! At our local Six Flags Amusement Park in St. Louis, we have a few roller coasters that are a "must see" every time we go: The Batman and Mr. Freeze. We always ride in the front with both rides for the extra thrills, too.

When we took our two oldest boys to Florida for vacation in June, we went on the Tower of Terror at MGM Disney...........I think my absolute favorite ride ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER. The special effects, the storyline, and the fact that you're in pitch black when the elevator drops for a free fall is just the coolest.

But I have to give props to The Mummy ride at Universal Studios. It's an indoor roller coaster - no loops or corkscrews - that goes around 45-50mph, but it's the special effects that make the ride so friggin' awesome.

Talking about roller coasters turn me into a giddy pre-teen kid, and I wind up saying "awesome", "coolest", and "sweet!" most times. :D

Great thread!!

Peace,
Mystic

Thanks I just took Kyle and Cody to Hershey Park since I have not been in awhile and I went on the Storm Runner.......Awesome.

This one-of-a-kind coaster will launch you from 0-72 mph in 2 seconds flat. 18 stories straight up, straight down. And that's just the beginning. You'll fly through a 135 foot cobra loop, barrel rolls, and a dramatic flying snake dive so fast, you won't know which way is west. Experience STORM RUNNER, the MUST-RIDE of 2004 ... only at HERSHEYPARK, the first hydraulic launch coaster to feature inversions.

I had this face on when it took off:eek: