• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you live life or just exist

rocala

We rarely go anywhere other than necessary stuff..
I think that the most important part of your post is the word "we". Being a part of a "we" is a lot more being alive than its singular equivalent. Long may you both enjoy it.

We Never Know

No Slack
Who are you to say what brings happiness and fulfillment for others? What if they are perfectly happy and fulfilled eating, pooping, and existing?

I would assume people who eat, poop, and exist are making memories of eating, pooping, and existing. What makes your memories better than or superior to those of these people?

Living a spiritual life, as I see it, isn't necessarily living for preparing for what next fulfills you.

I am a spiritual being living a human life.
"Who are you to say what brings happiness and fulfillment for others? "

I didn't try to say how others should live. That's why my comment said 'me', 'my' and 'I'

Living life to me is living life while I can. Doing what brings happiness and fulfillment and making memories with my family.
I refuse to be like cattle that just eat, poop and exist until they die.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
"Who are you to say what brings happiness and fulfillment for others? "

I didn't try to say how others should live. That's why my comment said 'me', 'my' and 'I'

Living life to me is living life while I can. Doing what brings happiness and fulfillment and making memories with my family.
I refuse to be like cattle that just eat, poop and exist until they die.
You're right. I appreciate the effort.

Nonetheless, you did imply others who do not do what you do...those who just eat, poop, and exist...are living like cattle. Or I inferred it.

In any case, what brings happiness and fulfillment is entirely subjective.

We Never Know

No Slack
You're right. I appreciate the effort.

Nonetheless, you did imply others who do not do what you do...those who just eat, poop, and exist...are living like cattle. Or I inferred it.

In any case, what brings happiness and fulfillment is entirely subjective.
Again

"I refuse to be like cattle that just eat, poop and exist until they die"

Being around cattle all my life I realized that's pretty much all they do.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Again

"I refuse to be like cattle that just eat, poop and exist until they die"

Being around cattle all my life I realized that's pretty much all they do.
Then I inferred it...probably because of the implications of your OP.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I'm not unconscious and on artificial life support if that's what you're asking. The only humans just breathing and taking up space are those ones.

rocala

Do you live life or just exist breathing and taking up space?
At first I dismissed this question. I thought it rather trivial. But it is not, I see now. I had a great time as a young man. I was lucky I had wild friends and intellectual but rebellious friends. Mad parties and incredible conversations. I thought it would never stop. But of course it does.

There I am, middle aged, alone and in an awful job. Suddenly upset that I never hear from my mother or sisters. Slowly I found something else, eco-villages and spiritual communities. My whole past made sense now. New friends and kindred spirits, it was heaven. That lasted nearly twenty years. Now those places are gone. I am still here, but now I am usually just "breathing and taking up space."

I see now that there is a lot of truth in this simple statement and right now I would give anything to have that.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
You have to have good actions that reflect the potential good in you. These do lead happiness and fulfillment. It's good of you to lead me in the direction of realizing through this dialogue that mere spirituality is not enough, they have to be expressed to become real.