• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you hope the beliefs "hell exist, where non-believer will be punish for eternity" to come true?

Do you hope the beliefs "hell exist, where non-believer will be punish for eternity" to come true?

• I have this beliefs and i hope it to come true.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I have this beliefs and i hope it not to come true.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I don't have this beliefs and i hope it to come true.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have this beliefs and i hope it not to come true.

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe the warning about hell is true. Maybe to live in a world where people ask, "do you want hell to happen?", is more than a little difficult.

glori

Why is it compared to fire? I see dementia in people is like a fire of the brain.

How many times have we heard and/or said "that burns me up"? Isa.50.11 "Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks; walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand, ye shall lie down in sorrow".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isa.45.18 "For thus sayeth the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it, he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited; I am the LORD; and there is none else". Ps.78.69 "-- like the earth which he hath established forever". Ps.115.16 "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S, but the earth he has given to the children of men"; .Eph.3.21 "Unto him be glory in all the Churches by Jesus Christ throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" Rev.11.15 "--The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ".

Since Ps.146.4 says "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, in that very day his thoughts perish", and Job 3.17-19 says "There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary be at rest. there the prisoners rest together, they hear not the voice of the oppressor, the small and great are there, and the servant is free from his master", it is not likely that hell is where non believers go when they die.
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5769.htm Psalms 78:69
I believe that some people will live with God for an eternity. Few choose that way. Matthew 22:14 1 Corinthians 2:9

What are you addressing of my post in your post?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Do you hope the beliefs of "a place name hell, exist, it's where non-believer/non-follower will be punish for eternity" to come true?

Peace be on you.

1) According to Holy Quran, Hell is like temporary hospital or correctional temporary facility or place where 'incomplete ones' are made complete.

[ch101:v10] "Hell will be his (nursing) mother."
[Holy Quran: alislam.org/quran]
The words are "fa ummohu haviah"

As when unborn child gets completed, is born. The weak people will be treated and will be out of hell to climb the ladder of progress.

2) "" Holy Prophet announced:"A time will come when no one will be left in Hell; winds will blow and the windows and doors of Hell will make a rattling noise on account of the blowing winds." [Tafsir-ul-Maalam-ul-Tanzil under verse Hud:107]""
https://www.alislam.org/library/belief.html

[Ahmadiyya Muslim Resources]

glori

I sure do hope "Hell" exists, but according to Judaism, Hell has nothing to do with what Christianity teaches.

I admittedly do not know a whole lot about Judaism as a faith walk, but from what I do know about that and Christian doctrine, neither one has found the wisdom that was hidden in plain sight to be found only by the chosen generation.

dantech

I admittedly do not know a whole lot about Judaism as a faith walk, but from what I do know about that and Christian doctrine, neither one has found the wisdom that was hidden in plain sight to be found only by the chosen generation.
I don't understand what you're trying to say, but basically, at least according to my views within Judaism, Hell is a place where the soul passes through to be cleaned/purified of all it's taints/sins before entering into heaven.

glori

I don't understand what you're trying to say, but basically, at least according to my views within Judaism, Hell is a place where the soul passes through to be cleaned/purified of all it's taints/sins before entering into heaven.

If that is what Judaism teaches, it is surmised, because it is not true according to scripture - unless you understand that is what "the judgment" accomplishes, and before we die, and thus we are not touched by "the second death".

dantech

If that is what Judaism teaches, it is surmised, because it is not true according to scripture - unless you understand that is what "the judgment" accomplished, and before we die, and thus we are not touched by the second death. .
If to you Scripture strictly means Torah (for Judaism), then you should know that Jews learn from the Written Torah, The Oral Torah(Talmud), The Prophets, Writings, Commentators on Scripture, and Rabbis such as Rabbi Shimon Bar Yohai which is the author of the Zohar (Jewish Mysticism), etc...
We learn from (probably) millions of books. To say that it is surmised because it is not scripture is pretentious, IMO.
Many of our sages have studied for 60-70-80 years, and were still studying the day before they died, simply because it is not possible to know everything regarding our religion. This is at least true in Orthodox Judaism, I don't know much about the other movements.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I believe it is only fair for those who cause so much suffering to suffer themselves.
How did unbelievers cause suffering? What about believers who willfully or otherwise cause suffering?

I believe any person believing that ought to go there.
Thankfully God is not so petty and childish.

A woman chooses to have unprotected sex outside of marriage and it changes the rest of her life. I believe decisions are like that. Once they are made the future can't be changed.
And yet it took someone to have sex with her ... where's the eternal punishment for THAT person?

I believe eternal in this case means timeless. It isn't punishment. It is the natural result of bad choices.
Being mopped up off the canyon floor is the natural result of jumping off the cliff, not burning for all eternity.

I believe the concept of torture is far fetched. A person reacts according to his nature.

I believe this is not a necessary result. A person may wish it to be so but wishes do not create reality. As far as God is concerned He considers it fair to hold a person guilty for only one infraction.
God should send everyone ... EVERYONE ... to heaven. The pious will enjoy it and the impious will hate being around such people. Sending evil people to hell is like giving Trump the presidency... :p

Peace be on you.

1) According to Holy Quran, Hell is like temporary hospital or correctional temporary facility or place where 'incomplete ones' are made complete.

[ch101:v10] "Hell will be his (nursing) mother."
[Holy Quran: alislam.org/quran]
The words are "fa ummohu haviah"

As when unborn child gets completed, is born. The weak people will be treated and will be out of hell to climb the ladder of progress.

2) "" Holy Prophet announced:"A time will come when no one will be left in Hell; winds will blow and the windows and doors of Hell will make a rattling noise on account of the blowing winds." [Tafsir-ul-Maalam-ul-Tanzil under verse Hud:107]""
https://www.alislam.org/library/belief.html

[Ahmadiyya Muslim Resources]
Agreed. Hell as commonly portrayed means God is too powerless and too uninterested in fixing the issues. Heal the sick, don't kill them or pour salt in the wounds... that's just common sense.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Maybe it doesn't say that. Maybe the warning is about Earth. Maybe forever means Man's offspring. Maybe the second death compares with the first death which was mankind in the story of Noah.
Someone has said that forever in the Bible means an age. Maybe God's will is for mankind to last the age of the Earth. Maybe the end of the age is when the sun goes out or explodes or whatever it is going to do. (I hear the universe will end too) If humankind does not care right for Earth then Earth will be hell for our offspring as it seems to me that for some their life is hell. Hell appears to be spreading.
:facepalm:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The funny thing is that you know that hell isn't real. Right? Then when someone gives an example of why Bible hell might be real you dismiss it with a slap of the face. And this world isn't going to hell.

You know, you can have judgement and punishment without an eternal place of punishment.

The meaning of this:

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Is that those judged righteous have a place in the world to come, but those judged wicked will cease to exist.
The judgement is everlasting because the wicked are gone forever, not because they're in some other place.
...like the lake of fire?

Skwim

Veteran Member
It is not fiction that on the Earth deserts are expanding.
https://www.lternet.edu/research/keyfindings/expanding-deserts
Ah yes, the encroaching deserts with their gargantuan sand worms. Truly a prediction to be heeded in the book of Matthew.

images

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ah yes, the encroaching deserts with their gargantuan sand worms. Truly a prediction to be heeded in the book of Matthew.

images
Tell us what you are doing now to insure seven generations from now have an Earth worth living on. Believing? LOL