• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you hope the beliefs "hell exist, where non-believer will be punish for eternity" to come true?

Do you hope the beliefs "hell exist, where non-believer will be punish for eternity" to come true?

• I have this beliefs and i hope it to come true.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I have this beliefs and i hope it not to come true.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I don't have this beliefs and i hope it to come true.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have this beliefs and i hope it not to come true.

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Pudding

Do you hope the beliefs of "a place name hell, exist, it's where non-believer/non-follower will be punish for eternity" to come true?

This hell is one interpretation by some believer to their God/religion's beliefs from some abrahamic religion.
In this interpretation, the hell is a place where non-believer/non-follower will be punish/burning for eternity because they don't believe in or don't accept or don't repentance to or don't obey the religion's God's existence/salvation/moral/law.

If you hope it to come true, please explain your reason for that.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
In as much as the Bible says hell is:

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
and for

Revelation 21:8
- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,[who] shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

a place established by god, or who at least allows it to exist, it must be good because

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
I would think any god-fearing Christian would applaud his perfect works and certainly hope all of god's good works truly exist, even those designed for the non-believer.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
You know, you can have judgement and punishment without an eternal place of punishment.

The meaning of this:

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Is that those judged righteous have a place in the world to come, but those judged wicked will cease to exist.
The judgement is everlasting because the wicked are gone forever, not because they're in some other place.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You know, you can have judgement and punishment without an eternal place of punishment.

The meaning of this:

Is that those judged righteous have a place in the world to come, but those judged wicked will cease to exist.
The judgement is everlasting because the wicked are gone forever, not because they're in some other place.
No it doesn't. Read the words.
It means there's an everlasting hell of punishment for the unrighteous, such as the unbeliever and liar.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Many religions have to convince you of their gimmick. How many times does it say something positive about God or Jesus in the Bible? Not even Harry Potter books do the same amount of reinforcement with the titular character. Another way they lay it on you is to reinforce ideas to convince you that you are blessed and others are damned if they don't believe the same, thus causing a connection between writer and reader. It's actually very brilliant if you ask me. Nearly all religions do this, but there are a few newer ones that stress more worldly things and don't hold people accountable like the others. Religion has, in this sense, gone less and less cult-like and more like traditional philosophy.
\
Of course you do have modern cults but modern cults are nothing more than religions that used to exists. How do I feel about all of this? I think the more open-minded people will become the less control religion will have on our lives. Religion will simply be nothing more than, "How do you feel about [x] and why?" Rather than a complicated way to live life. Well, in fact, according to how I feel .... modern society is actually performing small feats of extropy every day, at an accelerated pace. To achieve the highest point all possibilities must be immediately possible, and when we get there - that is our heaven.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you hope the beliefs of "a place name hell, exist, it's where non-believer/non-follower will be punish for eternity" to come true?

Not at all, for various separate reasons.

I don't even see how it could possibly be true, but then again it would be a very nihilistic belief in the first place. It would mean that God does exist after all... but also that he is cruel and unwise beyond any human measure, and therefore human existence is hopeless and meaningless.

I don't think anyone can possibly believe such a thing, or even bother attempting to if somehow they fail to see the logical contradiction that sustains it.

I do understand that many people learned to fear and warn against that idea nevertheless, because they have been told that it is so often and it has become so strenous to even attempt to question the scenario.

But even for those people it is not so much that they believe in it as that they hope to scare others into compliance, or perhaps have themselves been scared beyond rational analysis of the idea.

Incidentally, which religions to teach such a thing? Are there any outside of Christianity and Islam? I am fairly certain that there are no others, but of course it is a big list to check.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
No it doesn't. Read the words.
It means there's an everlasting hell of punishment for the unrighteous, such as the unbeliever and liar.

You read the words. 'Hell' is not anywhere in this passage.

Another opinion:

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/EternalPunishmentNotTrueToGreek.html

"The entire concept of eternal or everlasting punishment hinges primarily on a single verse of Scripture-- Matthew 25:46. This is the only place in the entire Bible where we find these two words together AND only in some Bibles. There are over a dozen English translations which do NOT contain the concept of "eternal punishment" on ANY of their pages, NOR the pagan concept of Hell."

rusra02

Premium Member
In as much as the Bible says hell is:

and for

Revelation 21:8
- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,[who] shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

a place established by god, or who at least allows it to exist, it must be good because

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
I would think any god-fearing Christian would applaud his perfect works and certainly hope all of god's good works truly exist, even those designed for the non-believer.

Matthew 25:46: "And ἀπελεύσονται will go off οὗτοι these εἰς into κόλασιν lopping off αἰώνιον, everlasting, οἱ the δὲ but δίκαιοι righteous ones εἰς intoζωὴν life αἰώνιον everlasting." Here everlasting lopping off or cutting off is contrasted with everlasting life.
The Scripture at Revelation 21:8 explains the obviously symbolic lake of fire to be "second death" from which there is no resurrection. The punishment for wicked ones is "the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." ( 2 Thessalonians 1:9)

Muffled

Jesus in me

This hell is one interpretation by some believer to their God/religion's beliefs from some abrahamic religion.
In this interpretation, the hell is a place where non-believer/non-follower will be punish/burning for eternity because they don't believe in or don't accept or don't repentance to or don't obey the religion's God's existence/salvation/moral/law.

If you hope it to come true, please explain your reason for that.

I believe it is only fair for those who cause so much suffering to suffer themselves.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Infinite punishment for finite crimes, if they even are crimes? No way.

A woman chooses to have unprotected sex outside of marriage and it changes the rest of her life. I believe decisions are like that. Once they are made the future can't be changed.

Erebus

Any god petty enough to assign nonbelievers to hell is too laughable to be real.

I've long held the opinion that should a god condemn anybody, even the cruelest person, to an eternity of torture, then that god is irredeemably evil. No amount of good deeds, not even bringing everybody else into heaven, could pardon sending even one person to such a hell.

In other words, I don't hope for an eternal hell for anybody.