• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have two different answers for these two questions ?

cottage

Means: You think that there isn't any God, But as we all have needs, so.. what is your need ? :)

I’m not sure of the assumption you are making there, though I suspect you might be projecting your own needs as a believer onto unbelievers. In my view there is a disposition or an emotional attachment that is apparent in some people, not necessarily a specific religious belief or an innate idea of God but possibly a genetic or inherited inclination that makes them suggestible to faith systems, which are reinforced by the family and or peer groups during the formative years.

The further view that there is a benevolent figure that will take care of us and has our best interests at heart is a very compelling notion. So in my view this disposition or inclination in some people makes them suggestible to the idea of a deity. The idea, often introduced at childhood, becomes ingrained and in adulthood the believer seeks to build a worldview around the idea, or a particular belief system may be adopted or adapted to fit with the conception.

Avoice

Q1: if you think there's God, than what do you need from him ?
Q2: If you think there isn't any God, than for what do you want him to be ?

If you are having just one common answer to these two questions, than its very much clear that you are more intrested in your needs rather than getting god, or it means that god may exist or not you care only you needs rather than god. Thus.. if you care more your needs rather than god, than why should "He" come infront of you ?

If you are having two different answers for these two questions, than what are they ? :)

I have one answer to both questions: Salvation

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

Contact for starters. God's move from there.

Nothing, obviously.

If you are having just one common answer to these two questions, than its very much clear that you are more intrested in your needs rather than getting god, or it means that god may exist or not you care only you needs rather than god.

Why couldn't they be equal in 'care'? This is like saying you must love one of your children more than another. You must do no such thing.

Thus.. if you care more your needs rather than god, than why should "He" come infront of you ?

I would assume to make a change in how I'm acting. If god is dissatisfied with my current course of action/lifestyle/thought patterns/whatever god can bloody well show up and tell me so. Until then I will keep doing what I have been doing and assume that is exactly what god expects me to do.

If you are having two different answers for these two questions, than what are they ? :)

Its very strange that you would expect anything but different answers. The first question assumes god exists and the second assumes god doesn't exist. In what weird universe could those two answers match up?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If you are having just one common answer to these two questions, than its very much clear that you are more intrested in your needs rather than getting god, or it means that god may exist or not you care only you needs rather than god. Thus.. if you care more your needs rather than god, than why should "He" come infront of you ?

One can't answer both questions unless they simultaneously think there is a god and think there is not a god.

As for this part:
If you are having just one common answer to these two questions, than its very much clear that you are more intrested in your needs rather than getting god,
"getting god" seems very much about being interested in your needs, and therefore there doesn't seem much of a dichotomy there.

Tbone

Then: English is not your first language, is it?

Madcornishbiker

Q1 The understanding of His word, and His will.

Q2 God is what He is, it is we that need to change.