• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have to be evil to be LHP?

revmark

I find a lot of the philosophical arguments presented by many of the LHP'rs on RF to be quite well thought out, and convincing. Aside from the "evil" connotations, do you think that one has to be evil to be LHP?
I actually agree with much of LHP viewpoints, without the negative context of "evil" or "wrong"

cheers

I was a methodist minster for 20 and now I am a Luciferian and I don't believe that you have to be evil to be part of the LHP. I have known a lot of evil people that were within my old religion but I have yet to meet one within my chosen religion.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Unskillfuless + power and craving for more power + greed, hatred, or delusion + lack of discernment = evil that affects ones own mind and leads to unskillful (or unlawful) actions that also detrimentally affects others. The one whose mind has been thusly overcome will often instruct others to also commit such unskillful actions--so that their minds will also be overcome. (A mind virus)

One could argue that your entire existence is detrimental to others especially your parents. For the first twenty years of your life you aren't anything but an all-consuming resource pit. Once you mature you are competing for these resources from everyone else, and every one you gain is one you take from someone else.

There is no need to instruct humanity on what it is so artfully designed to accomplish. Lawfulness has nothing to do with the rightness of the action as many things are illegal that are irrelevant -- does it matter if a rifle can shoot 20 rounds by squeezing the trigger or just shoot them all when you hold it down? (The net matters little who ever you shoot is dead anyway...) Then there are whole hosts of victimless crimes like marijuana use, prostitution, and the like. We still waste jail space with these things, and honestly whether you pay for sex with a marriage or cash you still pay. :)

Perhaps nothing is evil to one who is truly evil... Maybe that is my problem and not everyone else's. :devil:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I was a methodist minster for 20 and now I am a Luciferian and I don't believe that you have to be evil to be part of the LHP. I have known a lot of evil people that were within my old religion but I have yet to meet one within my chosen religion.

Christianity is plagued by the concept that you can basically do anything if you repent. Thus the maggot-laden psyches of the average parishioner probably have a lot more dross than the average LHP'er whom doesn't possess a need for spiritual floggings. The worst of humanity is generally always associated with what appears to be the best of it -- it seems really that this delusion is the only thing that allows them to accept their vices at deal with themselves.

To me all actions are of equal value in that anything necessary is necessarily correct. It may be correct to kill, steal, or even rape depending on circumstances: Such as limited resources, population die off, etc... This doesn't obviously include someone's lack of sanity or other such circumstances which are typically the cause of these problems at the moment. Necessity doesn't require an explanation it is just survival. There is no arbitrary morality to apply to it... If you are always doing what you need to do you're never wrong, but intelligence has to be applied to the situation. In modern society the penalty for the crimes is rarely worth the reward, but there are times when it would in fact be the case. I just remain honest to myself about the whole thing and encourage others to do the same.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
There is no need to instruct humanity on what it is so artfully designed to accomplish. Lawfulness has nothing to do with the rightness of the action as many things are illegal that are irrelevant
I agree that there are many laws that breaking them will will not detrimentally affect your mind, as there are some perfectly legal things you can do that will detrimentally affect your mind. A little discernment can go a long ways.

Perhaps nothing is evil to one who is truly evil... Maybe that is my problem and not everyone else's. :devil:
I'd say that we all are evil (or undiscerning, or just outright insane) in varying degrees. How much we contribute to our own insanity will also vary over time within a given individual and vary greatly between individuals.

Orias

Left Hand Path
OK. Would you care to enlighten me?

Innocence has little to do with intention. This includes the innocent and their intentions as well. Evil isn't about purity, nor wisdom, in fact its not about anything, other than what is being targeted.

Bhairava

lol no. Left Hand Path means you do spiritual practices that are not socially acceptable. It basically originated from the spiritual practice of ingesting psychedelics to enhance meditation and experience mystical states.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
lol no. Left Hand Path means you do spiritual practices that are not socially acceptable. It basically originated from the spiritual practice of ingesting psychedelics to enhance meditation and experience mystical states.

Does that mean that the fringe conservative christians living in a high majority liberal demographic are LHP?

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Have you ever met anyone who is continually contrary just for the sake of being contrary?

That's one lame life goal.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Does that mean that the fringe conservative christians living in a high majority liberal demographic are LHP?

Satanic (adversarial) perhaps. Maybe Satanism is not strictly LHP ?

crossfire

Premium Member
In Matt 7, Jesus does say: 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’ 23 Then I will announce to them, ‘I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!

This indicates, at least to me, that there are both paths among Jesus' followers.
Jesus himself broke all sorts of taboos of the time, like speaking to Samaratans, doing stuff on the Sabbath, etc. (Quite LHP, no?)
The demons were the ones who consistantly and openly acknowledged his divinity. Make of that what you will.

crossfire

Premium Member
By extention this would mean that Jesus was 'more than one Way' (truth and life).
Well, he did use a lot of metaphors like, "You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity." He constantly pointed towards the inward path of transformation. You can be adversarial and such all you like, but if you don't do the inner work, how does that LHP differ from the RHP that doesn't focus on the inner work as well?

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Well, he did use a lot of metaphors like, "You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity." He constantly pointed towards the inward path of transformation. You can be adversarial and such all you like, but if you don't do the inner work, how does that LHP differ from the RHP that doesn't focus on the inner work as well?

To me the inner path, your path, the personal path ... the path of your own Godhood/Christhood/Higher (Most Wonderful) Self... is the LHP.

"Following" someone on/down the LHP can only be done in the very loosest and most general sense. You can embrace your own path, your own christhood, your own inner life and intuition in the same sense that someone else can embrace his or her own path/christhood, inner life and intuition. It follows from there though... from that starting point... that your path will be a path that is all your own.

To me, the LHP is the path of the self led individual. (which requires personal introspection by it's very nature). That's it really.

Last edited: