• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have to be evil to be LHP?

Spiderchrist

Ancient One
The word "evil" is given such a negative meaning. The LHP is a positive force in my life. Christianity, for example, is evil. A set of morals and commandments that are the "truth of all truths" and that anything else is a ton of bull ****? That is evil. It keeps individuals from thinking for themselves and forming their own opinions, especially when the idea of Hell is held over their heads.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
People who have done nothing to bring harm or hardship upon themselves. Or people who have no say in the matter.

Who decides what an individual deserves? And what about non-humans? Is a storm or animal that kills one of these supposed innocent people evil?

KidatHeart

Who decides what an individual deserves? And what about non-humans? Is a storm or animal that kills one of these supposed innocent people evil?
I would say that a storm or animal that kills an "innocent" is not evil. It is not choosing to hurt its victim.

And are you saying that if people get hurt, it might be because they deserve it? Does a child of an abusive parent deserve what it suffers at the hands of that parent? Or is the parent committing an evil act?

Premium Member
I would say that a storm or animal that kills an "innocent" is not evil. It is not choosing to hurt its victim.

Who says humans have any more choice than these things? Are we special, apart from nature, perhaps created through magical processes rather than evolution?

And are you saying that if people get hurt, it might be because they deserve it? Does a child of an abusive parent deserve what it suffers at the hands of that parent? Or is the parent committing an evil act?

I'm asking you to share how you objectively show what someone does or does not deserve.

Premium Member
There we disagree

You can't let your reasoning rest on things we have no reason to believe in nor not believe in.

I don't think it's a question of deciding who deserves what. I think the question is about whether or not someone, if given the opportunity, chooses to hurt someone else.

Again, what makes you think we can choose anything? Nothing seems to suggest free will, just the opposite.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
You can't let your reasoning rest on things we have no reason to believe in nor not believe in.

Again, what makes you think we can choose anything? Nothing seems to suggest free will, just the opposite.

And yet our whole western lifestyle and economy is based around this (highly coveted) notion of 'choice'.

Our whole nation rests its reasoning on it's ability and freedom to choose things.
To People who say they don't believe in unreasonable things I say... :shrug:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
In all the time that I have been a Satanist no one can actually explain what evil is better than my definition.

Evil is simply what you don't like -- Period. I am always evil by this definition because I don't care what you like only what I do.

Some mistake this concept for other things...

Some feel that vanity, aggression, torment or torture, murder, or other things are evil. They're not... We kill things all the time to eat them, and even if you were vegetarian you step on a few and accidentally eat a couple of spiders in your sleep. Why does it particularly matter if someone is killed for a government sanctioned reason, a religious reason, for resources, or something as simple as I freaking feel like it? In the end the net of it all is the same. These things only become bad per Se once you need a society of peons under your control so that you can harvest the rewards of their work. If your workers killed one another then you'd probably be losing the product they make or the money you make off it. Not too good for the powers that be is it? Any illusion that killing is anything but killing is simply that as is any notion that killing a person is worse than killing a chicken, or even worth more than a single chicken -- etc.. I think this probably had more to do with religious authority initially as it would be really hard to keep the flock if they were taking one another out like the old days. Demonize what you don't like... Naturally..

Last edited:

Premium Member
And yet our whole western lifestyle and economy is based around this (highly coveted) notion of 'choice'.

Our whole nation rests its reasoning on it's ability and freedom to choose things.
To People who say they don't believe in unreasonable things I say... :shrug:

I think the idea of holding people responsible for their actions, positive and negative, is what we actually are built upon. A murderer goes to jail whereas a successful man lives in a large house.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I find a lot of the philosophical arguments presented by many of the LHP'rs on RF to be quite well thought out, and convincing. Aside from the "evil" connotations, do you think that one has to be evil to be LHP?
I actually agree with much of LHP viewpoints, without the negative context of "evil" or "wrong"

cheers

Ask YOURSELF what is "evil". That is a lhp approach.

Is the mother cougar "evil" for killing another fur baby to feed her own?

Who is it that insists that "this" or "that" is "evil?" Is it truly what you think of as "evil," or perhaps simply their OPINION formed from their own dogmatic conditioning or experiences?

The entire question of "Do you think one has to be evil to be lhp?" is a result of dogmatic right hand path conditioning where an authority must be found for approval and acceptance. I understand being a noob, and it's good to stay open to others perpectives.

I am considered LHP, but personally, I don't give a good godz dang how people see or choose to categorize me anymore. Good luck.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Unskillfuless + power and craving for more power + greed, hatred, or delusion + lack of discernment = evil that affects ones own mind and leads to unskillful (or unlawful) actions that also detrimentally affects others. The one whose mind has been thusly overcome will often instruct others to also commit such unskillful actions--so that their minds will also be overcome. (A mind virus)