• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel you have lived to the best of your potential.

Do you feel you have lived to the best of your potential.

• yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • took a break but not done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • society held me back

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I held myself back

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • haven't reached my peak yet

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • trying the best I can

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • life happened but happy as is

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • hit it and lost it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

We Never Know

No Slack
What I mean by "life happened but happy as is" as in was going for it, got married, had kids, etc but no matter I'm happy.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What I mean by "life happened but happy as is" as in was going for it, got married, had kids, etc but not matter I'm happy.
I'm doing what I can with what I have. Maybe I could put in a bit more effort? But I don't want to overburden myself either. Trying to find a balance between accepting what I have and pushing my boundaries.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I struggle to see things in those terms.

I am either on the right path, or on the wrong path. Its not a technical thing that I lay out, its more of a feeling that guides. If I'm miserable and things that are in my control aren't going right, I'm on the wrong path, and I adjust. If everything is grand, and the things that are in my control are going smoothly, I'm on the right path.

I never wanted much, other than to be happy. Thankfully, I'm easily content.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I have made many mistakes in my life, and didn't always make the best choices. That said, I did my best, and have therefore lived to the best this body/mind was capable of living at the time it did.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
No I have not lived my full potential

How so, my friend?
Do you mean this mainly in past-tense?
If so, you are in luck: the here and now is constantly open to something else.

Albeit, I do not know you outside of this platform but you seem to me to be making the most out of your quest for further [spiritual] understanding.

Humbly,
Hermit

Vee

Premium Member
That's a great question. I don't think that anyone today can live up to their full potential. There are so many things we never even get to try, much less develop to a high level of performance. Our lives are so filled with an endless "to do list" that we spend our time and energy worrying about paying bills, getting whatever we need done, etc.
It doesn't mean we are all unhappy. Many of us live decent lives and have what we need, but we don't really live to our full potential either.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What I mean by "life happened but happy as is" as in was going for it, got married, had kids, etc but no matter I'm happy.
I'd say that in some areas I have untapped potential, but I think this is true for all people. How about an analogy? On thespruceeats web site there is an Israeli Chocolate Cookie Truffle recipe. It looks interesting to me, but I just don't have the time to make it along with the hundreds of other cookie recipes. Even if I did have time, I wouldn't have time to eat them all. Even if I had time to do that I couldn't handle that amount of food. So I have a lot of untapped potential in this area. I just cannot try all of the cookies.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd say that in some areas I have untapped potential, but I think this is true for all people. How about an analogy? On thespruceeats web site there is an Israeli Chocolate Cookie Truffle recipe. It looks interesting to me, but I just don't have the time to make it along with the hundreds of other cookie recipes. Even if I did have time, I wouldn't have time to eat them all. Even if I had time to do that I couldn't handle that amount of food. So I have a lot of untapped potential in this area. I just cannot try all of the cookies.

Well, you could always invite your old friend George over...

I feel I could help with some of that eating.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I put no. My low self-esteem kept me from doing things I wanted to. I am trying to make up for it now that I am older but sometimes you can't make up for everything.