• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you fear God?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Yeah, the witches of the past didn't have eBay handy when they needed eye of newt.

What she means(and I hope you know this), is that the Witches of the past where ether outsiders that didn't fit in with the people around or where Christians themselves that other just didn't like or wanted something from them like there land.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
What she means(and I hope you know this), is that the Witches of the past where ether outsiders that didn't fit in with the people around or where Christians themselves that other just didn't like or wanted something from them like there land.

Yes... at least in Salem it was mostly political dealings over the victims land than 'witchcraft'.

But this is all off topic.

Somkid

I can tell, you've never been attacked by a rabbit, have you?

No, but I had one for many years and let her run free in the house, we were very good friends, she would even come when I called and sit on her back legs for a treat she did however scare the heck out of my ferrets which is odd because it should be the other way around and my cat thought it was her mother. :shrug:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No, and I'm not afraid of the Easter Bunny either.
Nor the Tooth Fairy. It seems to me to be somewhat misguided to fear ones "invisible friend". Perhaps I am missing something though.

Yes, I fear Allah, because I love Him and honor Him.
No doubt, he feels the same way about you. Bit of an odd relationship to have with ones "invisible friend"... but... whatever works, he.

No. I have no fear of this particular idea.
There are far better things to fear...
100% agreement with the first comment. You'll have difficulty sliding Door #2 past me though.

No. The opposite of love is fear and I wouldn't enter into a REALationship with any entity that promoted fear.
I think the original idea was to be in awe, not in fear, as we now use the word. But even awe is not a great bed to grow relationships in.

Yes...I fear God..
How, precisely, does your fear of your "invisible friend" help you?

Me? Fear? Um... no. Just say "No" to fear and awe. They won't get you terribly far, but you are always welcome to spend a few dozen lifetimes proving me wrong. Good luck.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My fear is because I know He wants me to do my best and for good reason..I fear the consequenses of not listening..

If fear is so bad???...Why dont you let your 5 year old go swiimming in the ocean alone with no supervision?...

Hey...dont let "fear" rule you...Dont be in "awe" that the ocean can swallow up your child..Dont "live that way"...

Be FREE of fear...

If fearing God is such siliness..You should fear nothing yourself as well..Except maybe your own self..

Blessings

Dallas

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Please remember this is not a debate. Do you fear God? Why?

I do not fear God. As someone else said, I also do not think it is healthy to enter into a covenant with a deity that promotes fear. I feel profound respect and love. I feel that the fear promoted becomes misguided. In the instance of the ocean, it is the ocean and personal inexperience that the child should understand and fear, not the parent. Although I do see your perspective as well Dallas:).

Smoke

Done here.
For me, fearing god would make about as much sense as fearing Yosemite Sam. When I was a theist, I believed god was beneficent, and I didn't fear him then, either.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
When I was theist I did not fear God. My parents and church focussed more on the good God than the judging God I guess..