• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you earn money online?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Not really, no.

But one can always freelance their programming skills if they're decent. Although programming gets paid a lot in the professional world, the freelance world is full of such people due to ease, so expect to make like $10/hour.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
What tools do you use to make money?

Trading on Forex, Stocks, and selling random things on Ebay. :D

Yeah, I do nothing in the real world. But, in the future, I want to start purchasing income properties... One thing at a time though, lol.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to sell used CDs and DVDs on eBay. I’d buy whole collections locally and post them up individually for a penny. It was pretty lucrative at the time, but media has changed since then and I’ve moved on to other ventures.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yup. I do consulting online, using online conferencing software. My wife sells training videos online. She uses software called "Kajabi" coupled with Stripe.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Press and hold down the shift key then press the 4 key. You can make as many $ as you want

Joking aside, i know several people who make or have made or tried to make money online from web design through cgi programming to forex. One guy i know ownes around 150 fairly popular websites, advertisers pay him for placing their ads on his sites. Another (sadly dead now) owned a self motivation empire, much of his (substantial) income came from online sales of his cds, books and seminar tickets.

That said, it seems there are far more failures at the online money game than successes. Otherwise no one would work a job for the man, they would all be lounging on a caribbean beach with an iced cocktail in one hand while doing business on a laptop with the other.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Press and hold down the shift key then press the 4 key. You can make as many $ as you want

Joking aside, i know several people who make or have made or tried to make money online from web design through cgi programming to forex. One guy i know ownes around 150 fairly popular websites, advertisers pay him for placing their ads on his sites. Another (sadly dead now) owned a self motivation empire, much of his (substantial) income came from online sales of his cds, books and seminar tickets.

That said, it seems there are far more failures at the online money game than successes. Otherwise no one would work a job for the man, they would all be lounging on a caribbean beach with an iced cocktail in one hand while doing business on a laptop with the other.

Eh I still think working for the man is a safer avenue for money, even if you indirectly work for the man via freelancing which is an in-between... working for the man may very well give you the disposable income and skills you need to some day start your own empire.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Eh I still think working for the man is a safer avenue for money, even if you indirectly work for the man via freelancing which is an in-between... working for the man may very well give you the disposable income and skills you need to some day start your own empire.

I didnt did otherwise.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I found "hobby" interest to be a better source of skills for starting a business than "working for the man." And I would say working for the man isn't for everybody, particularly those prone to clashing with authority.

Rational Agnostic

Not really, no.

But one can always freelance their programming skills if they're decent. Although programming gets paid a lot in the professional world, the freelance world is full of such people due to ease, so expect to make like $10/hour.

You need to be more than "decent" to freelance programming IMO. I have written a fair number of programs, but all of them have already been done before and no one would ever pay for them. To write a program that someone would actually buy, you have to be really skilled.

David T

Premium Member
RF pays me for posting more importantly for the number of replies and even more importantly new subcribers.

Now i can get you into this huge money maker i am making thousands of week here. If you go to my website you can get in on it. There is a tiny fee true but for thousands its wirth it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You need to be more than "decent" to freelance programming IMO. I have written a fair number of programs, but all of them have already been done before and no one would ever pay for them. To write a program that someone would actually buy, you have to be really skilled.

By "freelance programming", I meant doing programming work for others to their specifications, making the apps they want. Not writing your own program and selling it, which is much harder.

mui78

I think that Forex is not a scam but a good way of making money. I am currently using Sports Franchises opportunity that gives me a way to make money from the ready business. It's really easy to do, you just need to start one of ready business provided at the website.

Greyscale

I tried freelance a couple of years ago, it was interesting but not very profitable for me. Besides I understood that the work in office is better for my character features and time-management.

Sensor

The longest period of time when I earned money online was during my student's years. Considering my busy studying schedule such types of work were the best solution for me because in their case I had a very flexible schedule and I could earn at least small amount of money :smile:
For active income I preferred freelance, mostly various translations and copywriting, I tried linkbuilding too. For the passive income I liked affiliate marketing the most of all but getting profit from it can take a long time so it isn't a good solution for everybody. It's the same in case of cryptocurrencies and Forex www.whitedust.net/top-6-ways-in-which-technology-helps-forex-traders , however I know that some people earned very big money from investing in them.