• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in UFOs?

An unidentified flying object (usually abbreviated to UFO or U.F.O.) is any unusual apparent object or phenomenon in the sky whose cause cannot be identified by the observer, or (in a narrower definition) by investigators; though in popular usage it more loosely means alien spacecraft, being one explanation (among several) offered for such sightings.[1] Though UFO sightings have occurred throughout history, modern interest in them dates from World War II, since when governments have investigated UFO reports, often from a military perspective, and UFO researchers have investigated, written about and created organizations devoted to the subject.

Have you ever seen one?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Haven't seen one, am sceptical of sightings and photos.

Is it possible, though? Well, yeah. But highly doubtful as to why anyone would want to come to this rock.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes.
I've seen
1) objects in the sky
2) that appear to be flying,
3) which I haven't been able to identify.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's obvious they are around. Whether it is human or alien in origin is yet to be determined.

I think one can believe in anything they want to. Belief is not a truthful exercise. Ya, I do believe that are UFO, because it makes no sense that we are the only living existence in the universe. Most UFOs, I think, just come and go away fast, because they probably know we humans are a primitive bunch and the earth is not inhibitatable by them anyway. So, enjoy and say hello to them if you see some UFOs.

Erebus

Being pedantic I definitely believe some flying objects are unidentified ;)

Now as to UFO's in the generally implied sense of extraterrestrial spacecraft I could only say I'm agnostic. Like certain cryptids, it doesn't seem to be outside the realm of possibility, but as I've never seen them myself I can't say that they do/don't exist.
I have a friend who claims to have seen one and describes the experience quite vividly. He doesn't strike me as the type to lie about it, but I wouldn't take his word without question either. I believe he saw something, but I couldn't say whether it was an alien or not.

Last edited:

thedope

I have seen an object in the sky that behaved strangely but I assumed it was an optical illusion. I do believe in the power of belief to affect our perception.

Maille

I saw lights out side my window and thought it was a UFO but that was when I was 8. And i also saw one on TV LOL

Witch9

Have you ever seen one?

From my balcony, I can watch choppers leaving or arriving at the heliport, and the seaplanes landing on or taking off from the Inner Harbour, and lots of birds flying around. But I also see things flying around that I cannot identify. So that makes them unidentified flying objects, doesn't it?

Now, I assume the contrails that come up from the direction of Seattle and then do 180s to head south again are actually American warplanes practising for their role in realizing mutual assured destruction, but I can't say that's a positive I.D., and even if it were that still leaves the others unidentified.

But seriously, I have also seen things like that cylindrical object over Trinity Bay in Newfoundland that looked like a cruise missile before we new such things existed, and before others, including a Mountie, started reporting seeing UFOs in the same area.

And then there was what looked, on a dark and moonless night, like it might be a DC-9 flying the wrong way, miles away from the airport, at slower than stall speed at what seemed like an altitude of less than 1,000 feet; or it might have been five times the size of a DC-9 flying at 5,000 feet. Or . . .

:shrug:

p.s. Those aren't typos, that's Canadian spelling, eh?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I do believe in UFO's as Unidentified Flying Objects.

For Flying Saucers or as I like to call them Foo Fighters, there might be, but they are probably of government and military thing.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
In other words, you shorten the list as you go along until it is debunked or determine that further investigation is warranted until you come to the truth of the matter.

I was speaking only from my experiences.

Ah!
I didn't understand what you meant in the previous post. :D
And, yes, that is usually how science works. ;)

otokage007

I have seen two UFO in my life. One in Tenerife (Spain) and the other one in Zamora (Spain). However, I seriously doubt they were alien-ships, as I believe aliens have not reached our planet yet.

They were like lights, moving with incredible speed, accelerating and decelerating too fast, and made impossible maneuvers to any helicopter or plane I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited: