• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in UFOs?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yes, I believe in Unidentified Flying Objects. I see them fairly often. Basically what that means is that I see objects in the air, and I don't really know what they might be, and I really don't much care to figure out what they are.

Here's Bill Cosby on the subject:

[youtube]dPftKUB_gZI[/youtube]
‪UFO - Bill Cosby‬‏ - YouTube

As for life outside our planet or realm or whatever you want to call it - I figure there's a great chance that it's out there. This falls under the category of "Interesting concepts that probably won't have much, if any, impact on my life."

I don't sit around thinking about it very much.

Vivekananda

I don't have seen it....
but i'm strongly believe that UFO exists because it doesn't have any sense that Earth is the only planet having living creatures...
There should be someone out there.... :)

DaBudaMasta

People may have observed such phenomena (UFO), However I doubt if the report can be positively identified and verified. Alien visitors does not seems to a have a coherent purpose for the vist aside from abducting some individual to their space ship for medical exams or mutilate livestocks.

Think of the expenditures for such explorations. They will need an enormost expenditures of energy and time just to get here and the highly advance technology to do it. We could not even muster a probe to the nearest star closest to our sun.

Vivekananda

People may have observed such phenomena (UFO), However I doubt if the report can be positively identified and verified. Alien visitors does not seems to a have a coherent purpose for the vist aside from abducting some individual to their space ship for medical exams or mutilate livestocks.

Think of the expenditures for such explorations. They will need an enormost expenditures of energy and time just to get here and the highly advance technology to do it. We could not even muster a probe to the nearest star closest to our sun.

It can be possible that they are capable of this type of expenditures of energy. Their planet might have more older than us and they have advanced technology than us...
It may be possible... :)

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
It can be possible that they are capable of this type of expenditures of energy. Their planet might have more older than us and they have advanced technology than us...
It may be possible... :)

It may be possible that unicorns exist.
But until we have the evidence to back it up it is folly to claim that they do.

And on the same note, until we have the evidence to back it up it is folly to claim that we have been visited by aliens.

Vivekananda

It may be possible that unicorns exist.
But until we have the evidence to back it up it is folly to claim that they do.

And on the same note, until we have the evidence to back it up it is folly to claim that we have been visited by aliens.

I'm not claiming that they do exist but i'm also not claiming that they don't exists... :)

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
I'm not claiming that they do exist but i'm also not claiming that they don't exists... :)

And that is how it should be.
In which case the above was not aimed at you but rather at the people who, for whatever reason, claim that alien visitations and abductions have actually taken place.
When such a claim is made, evidence must be presented.
Otherwise, to paraphrase Hitchens; claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

When I was in my 20s I witnessed many UFOs, passing between me and the toilet, or the rug, or the gutter after drinking heavily.

I don't believe in UFOs in the form of intelligent extraterrestial visitors exsist at all. The universe, and all the suns and worlds it contains, does give me great confidence that there does exsist other life somewhere ,and in fact I'm certain there is. But I am super skeptical about why they would not have contacted us before making a journey here. As far as scoping us out first, they could learn all they needed to know from our media transmissions.
Could be why they WON'T come here.;)

Antiochian

Rationalist
I've never seen one to my knowledge, though I've known people who claimed to. I first read stories of alien abductions, Springheel Jack, Mothman, and the Flatwoods Monster as a kid and they still creep me out.

What I don't understand is why aliens seem to take such pleasure in fitting Bubba and his hunting buddies with anal probes. :sarcastic

I don't give the whole idea of life on other planets much thought, but wouldn't be too surprised if there were. It's a huge universe out there, and we're only one little segment of it.

Dipintus

While I don't believe in alien visitors, the Stephenville case is definitely worth looking into. I don't think the official explanation makes that much sense.
Unfortunately, I lack the know how to know if the radar analysis of the events is legit. It would be great to have someone neutral examine it instead of militant skeptics/believers.

This said, an unexplained light in the sky is only that: unexplained. I think jumping to the conclusion they are aliens is absurd.

cablescavenger

Have you ever seen one?
Are you asking if UFO's exist? Because that could be anything from a crisp packet that floats up above the skyline to a hot air balloon, to one of those chinese lanterns and any number of other Unidentified objects, it does not necessarily mean aliens, or alien spacecraft.

Are you asking if we have seen something we cannot explain, an aircraft we cannot explain or are you asking if we have seen a spacecraft that we believe might be alien?

TC Mike

I seen one back in 1987. It was triangular looking, with a white light at each corner. It flew about 200 to 300 foot above me silently, before making a turn to the south and disappearing below the treeline.

ankarali

All UFO and Ghost histories are made by Djinns. They are not true why they don't contact us directly.

I give an exemple, if we discover a new terrestre and we see a new people there what we will do? We present ourselves to them as Christoph Colomb was made

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
i dont believe in UFO's . if they are real they should already invade us or something.
Most Alien Races have a No involvement View when it comes to Earth, It doesn't mean they wont interfere when they think it's necessary, Some, Like the Grays/ Zetans & The Dracos Do interfere, but they have agreements with some governments that limit what they can do

All UFO and Ghost histories are made by Djinns. They are not true why they don't contact us directly.
See my answer above, Also some have contacted us. The Bible/Qur'an Do contain contact between Human and Alien information.

Moses when "God" talked to him in the burning bush, it could have been aliens using holographic projection, to get their message across. Enoch didn't die according to the Bible, He was taken up and never seen again, sounds like an Alien Abduction story. The same with Elijah, he could be said that he was also Abducted. The Book of Ezekiel describe what most say is a UFO.

The whole story of Jesus reads like a sci-fi story of an Alien coming to earth, and making a Woman pregnant using In vitro fertilisation. Then when Jesus' job is finished on earth, they come back and he "Ascend" back to heaven, Sounds like another "Abduction".

Saul, When God called him to preach God's word to the Pagans (And became Paul), he was blinded by an bright white light, Most abductees describe when they get abducted, they see a bright white light. Paul Also writes that he knew a Man who went to heaven, Another Abduction reported by Paul Himself?

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
As a 'UFO contactee' I would have to say yes...

...but I don't think they are "aliens" in the Hollywood sense, I think they are archetypes of the collective unconscious in symbolic, poetic form. Liminal, mystical, threshold figures. Living myths.

Last edited: