• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you always remember God?

moegypt

Do you always remember God or sometimes ? why?

When I look to what happen in the world like war,killing,nudity.... one can say that the relation between God and alot of people is cut. they cut the relation not God.

They don't think of his power.. They don't fear of Him.

Every one can say "I love God"..But alot of us love God as they want...

When they face huge problems they say "God..help us God..Save us" but when the problems finished,they forget him.

What we need is up to date relation with God in all our life.

Renew your love...Renew your fear..Renew your heart.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
The "renew" reminds me with a certain thing that is occuring here in Egypt...at Cairo university to be specific ;)

But you are totally right indeed....If we do remember God all the time, most of the worlds problems will be solved...

It's our religious consious that is not dominating our acts anymore

Fluffy

A fool
Perhaps there is a more appropriate word to associate with war and killing than nudity?

Personally I have found the opposite. When I do things I know are wrong it is because I cut off my objecting conscience. I think that in order to overcome this all I need to do is make those objections louder. I don't need a relationship with God for this.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
But you are totally right indeed....If we do remember God all the time, most of the worlds problems will be solved...
The problem is when those who 'act' on what they 'think' God wants them to remember and consequently that action causes death.

Every person defines for themselves who God is/isn't and what He wants. Unfortunately, sometimes the result isn't good for other humans.

Maybe you should rephrase your sentence to say if everyone remembers to keep God to themselves.....most of the world's problems will be solved. But, even that wouldn't work to stop religious violence. Some humans are simply bloody creatures.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Do you always remember God or sometimes ? why?
Your question presupposes that "remembering god" is a good thing in the first place. Now are you meaning this equally or not? Are you saying to a pantheist, "remember your gods" or is your statement excluding them as their view is not at all like your own? Do you tell Buddhists who are not interested in god-concepts to remember something they do not believe is real? Do you mean to tell atheists have no use for a god-concept to believe and fear anyway -- in spite of their disbelief?

Aside from this I would personally find it rather difficult to forget "god" as it is interwoven within the fabric of my being. You have to understand that it would not occur to me to ask god for anything, for any reason. "He" created me with the ability to deal with anything that comes my way therefore I have no need to ask for cosmic favors.

When I look to what happen in the world like war,killing,nudity.... one can say that the relation between God and alot of people is cut. they cut the relation not God.
Nudity? Um... we are all born naked and I think that should be all there is to how "god" wishes us to be. Perhaps people wouldn't be so inclined to abuse their bodies, the temple of their spirit, if we all cavorted about au natural. Aside from this, man's incidental religions have hardly helped him to stop killing his fellow human animals. Actually in many cases it has only served to act as fuel to the fire.

They don't think of his power.. They don't fear of Him.
Um... Mo... what exactly is there to fear about god? I would suggest that those admonishments were included by men to make prospective followers think twice. You know, the whole guilt trip thing.

Every one can say "I love God"..But alot of us love God as they want...
From my distorted vantage point I would tell you that "god" doesn't give a fiddler's damn if you love him or not. He is a tiny bit beyond such human trivialities.

When they face huge problems they say "God..help us God..Save us" but when the problems finished,they forget him.
Actually I NEVER ask for anything Mo. I am puzzled why others do. To me it is as if people are telling "god" how to run reality. To me, that is a bit arrogant.

What we need is up to date relation with God in all our life.
Now is that "my" version of "god" or perhaps "your" version of "god", Mo? Are you suggesting that an invisible friend is healthy for people to become attached to?

Renew your love...Renew your fear..Renew your heart.
I have no need of renewing my love Mo, as "god" knows me rather well and the feelings are reciprocated ten fold already. I have no desire to fear anything and I have outgrown the usefulness of this relatively meaningless concept. Try living without fear for awhile -- you will FEEL much better and probably much more human. My heart is also just fine and I have no need for it to be jump-started. Thanks, just the same.

Fluffy

A fool
Einstein said:
Well, your relationship with God makes it easier
Yes that would probably be true if I had the right relationship with God.

However, I believe that attaining it on my own is more valuable because I am then not dependent on God.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes that would probably be true if I had the right relationship with God.

However, I believe that attaining it on my own is more valuable because I am then not dependent on God.
And "god" will respect you more for it too.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
[B said:
moegypt[/B] ]Do you always remember God or sometimes ? why?

Of course I do remember my God, for He is my life and my soul. I will be really ungrateful if I don't remember the One who created me and who cares for me and who provides for me and who supports me and assists me and who bestows His blessings on me and whose bounties, which know no limits, shower me everyday or rather every second.

Peace

moegypt

Your question presupposes that "remembering god" is a good thing in the first place. Now are you meaning this equally or not? Are you saying to a pantheist, "remember your gods" or is your statement excluding them as their view is not at all like your own? Do you tell Buddhists who are not interested in god-concepts to remember something they do not believe is real? Do you mean to tell atheists have no use for a god-concept to believe and fear anyway -- in spite of their disbelief?

No, I talk to the people who believe in God.

moegypt

Um... Mo... what exactly is there to fear about god? I would suggest that those admonishments were included by men to make prospective followers think twice. You know, the whole guilt trip thing.

We must love and fear beacuse we are so weak.How many years will you live on earth? 60 100 1000 years... The age of earth is thousands of millions of years... The Greatest created it.

13|12|He it is Who showeth you the lightning, a fear and a hope, and raiseth the heavy clouds.
13|13|The thunder hymneth His praise and (so do) the angels for awe of Him. He launcheth the thunder bolts and smiteth with them whom He will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and He is mighty in wrath.

ayani

Mo, you are so cool. :flower2:

i should try to be mindful of God more often. i am grateful, very, for the times of prayer. but dhikr is important too, and urged in the Quran.

13:28

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I think more times than not, I remember him and call on him more when I am going through adversity,because it naturally helps to be reminded that my life is not my own and that I am totally dependence is and must be in Him.
Dependency on God is not the most popular teaching ,but it is essential for a Christian to see their dependence on God
My adversity helps me to realise that ,not that I have martyrdom spirit ,but these circumstances ultimately draw me to my knees in prayer.

I think we are more apt to forget God when life is going good and everything is in order, because we become dependnet on self or the opposite I suppose can be true, when things are going extremely bad, we willfully can forget about God and focus on our circumstances.

moegypt

I think we are more apt to forget God when life is going good and everything is in order, because we become dependnet on self or the opposite I suppose can be true, when things are going extremely bad, we willfully can forget about God and focus on our circumstances.

I agree with you..

31|32|And if a wave enshroudeth them like awnings, they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only. But when He bringeth them safe to land, some of them compromise. None denieth Our signs save every traitor ingrate.