• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do they show us properly?

in the name of God.
i want you to ask yourselves one question.
just one question please.
if you search this word (shia muslims) in google you see disgust image that show shia muslim are crazy and bloodthirsty.
they fight with Iran ,Iraq,syria and Hizb allah but dont fight with Saudi Arabia that kill innocent people of Yemen.
what is reality?
please just think.:rose::heart:

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
in the name of God.
if you search this word (shia muslims) in google you see disgust image that show shia muslim are crazy and bloodthirsty.
they fight with Iran ,Iraq,syria and Hizb allah but dont fight with Saudi Arabia that kill innocent people of Yemen.
what is reality?
Welcome. Nice to have you. I have not been here for very long but have found there are many open minded people who would love to hear your views expressed, as I would also. Again welcome.:)

dust1n

Zindīq
in the name of God.
what is reality?

People are often terrified of things and of people that they don't understand. People are mostly ignorant and easily impressionable.

Welcome to RF.

Akivah

in the name of God.

I did as you suggested. Yes, all the first few dozen images are bloody, but they are labeled "Shia Muslims celebrate Ashura in Yangon". So it looks like a religious festival of some kind in which the Shia Muslims voluntarily coat their bodies with blood.

I did as you suggested. Yes, all the first few dozen images are bloody, but they are labeled "Shia Muslims celebrate Ashura in Yangon". So it looks like a religious festival of some kind in which the Shia Muslims voluntarily coat their bodies with blood.
thank you my friend.
yes this is true.
in some place when Ashura come, people do this works but our leaders disagree with this works and number of person to do this is very low.
but i ask from you why western media show this image to their countries but dont show Arbaeen festival that take part about 30 milion people and walk about 100 KM ?

dust1n

Zindīq
thank you my friend.
yes this is true.
in some place when Ashura come, people do this works but our leaders disagree with this works and number of person to do this is very low.
but i ask from you why western media show this image to their countries but dont show Arbaeen festival that take part about 30 milion people and walk about 100 KM ?

Because a festival with a bunch of self-flagellation stands out more than tend your typical procession. Not many people from around the world want to read about religious festivals were people sit around and eat food and enjoy each other's company.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if a particular group of Muslims self-flagellate as their way of celebrating the festival.

That being said, there are plenty of ways Muslims are portrayed in all sorts of ways that are probably unfair. But the unusual generally spreads in news and word-of-mouth over the ordinary. Most Americans don't know the difference between Sunni/Shia.

dust1n

Zindīq
1) It's something about the hereditary line from Muhammad and 2) Sunni and Shia groups hate each other, possibly more than they each hate Israel.

I always just assumed it was like any other giant schism in religious histories... that is, never bothered to look that far into it.

David1967

Premium Member
thank you my friend.
yes this is true.
I wish our media would spend time focusing on good Muslim people who are tolerant of people of other faiths and do many good humanitarian works. Unfortunately groups like ISIS, and Boko Haram are doing such horrible things to defenseless innocent people they are drowning out the voices of the peace loving Muslim population. I welcome the voices of peaceful Muslims and want to hear more from them. I believe there are many things of great value we can learn from each other.

thank you for your comments.
yes there is very diffrence betwin shia and sunni but we recpect to each other.
and yes we hate than Israel but we love jewish people.
in iran we have jewish member of parliament .they are aboute 20000 person of 75 milion population of iran.
this show we have no problem with jewish people.but we hate from Israel and zionist that kill innocent people for their aim.

I wish our media would spend time focusing on good Muslim people who are tolerant of people of other faiths and do many good humanitarian works. Unfortunately groups like ISIS, and Boko Haram are doing such horrible things to defenseless innocent people they are drowning out the voices of the peace loving Muslim population. I welcome the voices of peaceful Muslims and want to hear more from them. I believe there are many things of great value we can learn from each other.
thank you my brother for your valuable oppinion.:heart:
we love Jesus Christ and believe he will back with our Imam Mahdi to rule all over the world and put down tyrant and corruption.
i want you to research about our religion my friend.:rose:

David1967

Premium Member
thank you for your comments.
yes there is very diffrence betwin shia and sunni but we recpect to each other.
and yes we hate than Israel but we love jewish people.
in iran we have jewish member of parliament .they are aboute 20000 person of 75 milion population of iran.
this show we have no problem with jewish people.but we hate from Israel and zionist that kill innocent people for their aim.
What kind of religious tolerance do you have in Iran? Are there any Christian churches, or Synogogues, or Buddhist or Hindu population there? Does a person have freedom to choose their religion or leave a religion if they choose? Just curious as so little is known to us here about the daily life of average people in Iran.

David1967

Premium Member
we love Jesus Christ and believe he will back with our Imam Mahdi to rule all over the world and put down tyrant and corruption.
I will. and I appreciate the spirit in which you come. I will ask you questions when time allows. Please know ahead of time that I will never be intentionally offensive. Outside of what I see here in the media I must confess that I know very little about your people and welcome the education. Peace to you :)

David1967

Premium Member
I am very curious (you'll find me using the word curious a lot) about this Imam Mahdi, Is he the Muslim version of Messiah?

What kind of religious tolerance do you have in Iran? Are there any Christian churches, or Synogogues, or Buddhist or Hindu population there? Does a person have freedom to choose their religion or leave a religion if they choose? Just curious as so little is known to us here about the daily life of average people in Iran.
of course my friend.
yes we have many religion in iran and we have about 120 thousand christian and they live same muslims.and they have one member of parliament.
our capitan national football team is christian his name is Andranik Teymourian.
we have many churchs .Qara Kelisa in iran is one of the oldest church in the world.

I am very curious (you'll find me using the word curious a lot) about this Imam Mahdi, Is he the Muslim version of Messiah?
i dont know do you believe Messiah is liveing?
we believe that.
in Quran is written that Messiah is alive.
shia muslim belive he will back with twelve Imam(Imam Mahdi) .
he is best man with justice.