• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do People Need God?

kai

ragamuffin
some do some don't , does it free them from responsibility for their actions though i think not,

personally i feel the need for an explanation for existence but most theories of a religious nature are a little too far fetched for me. for example a being or entity that can create the universe would not i think care less if i ate a bacon sandwich (but you never know)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
god is a number of an eqeution without it the eqeution can't be solved yet
atheist believe that the eqeution is flawed
religious people keep it around because they can't replace it with something els
philosofers try to find another number that can replace it so the eqeution works
The answer is 42. There I am done and I didn’t even need “God”, just a really big calculator.

Clank

No, I don't think people need a god, but I do feel that people need something to guide conduct. It could be a god, or it could simply be the law book.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
We are a part of god itself.
So we do not need another god of gods.
we need god when we are seperated.
this seperation itself is the illusion caused by our very own mind [THE SATAN] [The bibical story of the satan telling Adam & Eve to eat the apple of knowledge is nothing but the mind sperating us from god.
That is the very reason all enlightened people agree that one has not achived anything or gone nowhere. One is already there just have to realise that.
Love & rgds

Kcnorwood

I think personally that it's a choice more then anything else. Some religions believe that you need God & some don't I guess in how you see it.

logician

In what sense or way, if any, do people need a god?

Whose god? In what context?

I think god belief weakens rather than strengthens the mind, at least for me. It leads one to be comfortable with questions that remain unanswered, rather than looking for real answers.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Whose god? In what context?

I think god belief weakens rather than strengthens the mind, at least for me. It leads one to be comfortable with questions that remain unanswered, rather than looking for real answers.
Then you are you saying that there is the possibility that there are some real answers concerning God? The reason you don't search for answers is that you don't want to be out ot your comfort zone?

Could you please explain why you think that belief in God weakens the mind? Could you answer one other question please, do you believe that truth exists? In the event we find that there is truth it would lead us to the conclusion that we need God ;) who is our truth.

Charity

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer

I can't decide on my answer, so here are a few:

If god does exist: At the very least we need god like we need parents. Otherwise we wouldn't exist.

If god doesn't exist: Obviously we don't really need god. :)

Whether god exists or not: Some people need god to give life deeper meaning and other various reasons, and some people don't need god.

~Amin~

God is the King
If we accept the existence of God, then we would kow that He created all things.
" Our Lord! You have not CREATED all (this creation) without PURPOSE..
Qur'an3,191. Every thing has a purpose, the trees release oxygen we
breath it, the Sun, the Rain, the Air, the ozonelayer,Food, we need all
these things to survive, to live, That means that we need God because
he is the Creator, Sustainer, Provider.
We can look at this from another angle, we also need God Almighty for
Spiritual Guidance, wich mankind is in need of, from my prespective.
Guide us to the straight way. Qur'an 1, 6.

~Amin~

God is the King
Because he cannot exist in the same manner without the books and tradition handed down throughout the ages. If this God does exist, shouldn't it be easily verifiable without the use of a book or tradition? Why believe in the Bible, Qu'ran, Bhagavad Gita, among others?
peace be with you,
you said God Almight CANNOT, He is able to do all things. Qur'an 6,120.
Indeed He is always with you, regardless if theres a Book or not,
it was His choice to communicate with us according to our faculties and
ability to understand, without clouds could God make it rain? yes he can,
Likewise without scripture ofcourse He could Have a relationship with us.
If knowing God was only through a Book, I would not be a Muslim, i find
the MOST interisting part of my faith, is the SIGNS, and Miricales SHOWN
to the sevant from His Lord. God has VERIFIED it in my life,
Then God GUIDED those who belived. Qur'an 2, 213.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Amin,
Since one does not see this god who has created; no claim about that can be made till one realises what is what. We see existence and also know IT IS.
The word and concept GOD has been coined by humans only and so if that is removed it should make no difference.
However it does make a differnece when one is enlightened.
Love & rgds

Bishadi

"God did it" is explanation. :)

seems you type on this forum; did a belief structure teach you this?

No!

So the same even your belief is created by man, not a separate entity called god.

let's define:

Ignorance personified; religious belief

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

No!

So the same even your belief is created by man, not a separate entity called god.

let's define:

Would you be able to restate this, please? I don't quite understand. :confused:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

No!

let's define:

As is "explanation" ours. But what is ours that is not also God's (if one believes in God)?

Scott1

Without the Bible, what would you know about God? Sure, God may still be God. But he would look quite different from the way that you perceive him now, wouldn't he?
You presume too much.... God would not be any different at all to me.