• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do creationists have anything new?

Faithofchristian

Look
The scare quotes around science aside, I've always found it fascinating how Christian creationists view adjusting to new information to be a flaw rather than a virtue. Says a lot about their psychological need for certainty.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've encountered quite a few Christians who insist that things like special creation of humans, Noah's flood, and the Exodus are facts. But I won't put you in a position where you have to defend things other people say. If you recognize those things as religious beliefs rather than facts, that's good.

Like who?

Look archaeologist scientist have discovered down in the red sea, where in the book of Exodus about Moses and Israel crossing the Red sea. Found many chariot's remains and horses bones and human bones. Now that's amazing.

Many years ago when I was in the 8th and 9th grade. My science teacher would show films of National Geographic, about how scientist found up in the desert mountain's remains of clam shell's fossilized in rocks.
How did these clam shells get way up into these desert mountain's and the ocean being thousand of miles away and not only these clam shell's, but found fish that only can be found in the ocean's, and they to are way up in these desert mountain's. How did they get way up into these desert mountain's that are fossilized in the rocks?

These clam shell's and the fish bones date back to Millions to Billions of years ago.

Hey don't tell me that these clams just crawled all the way thousand of miles and thru the desert and then up into the mountains and buried themselves. The same with the fish?

That even in the North Antarctic scientist have discovered animals that are land animals but yet these animals are found in the north Antarctic. Explain how these animals got to the North Antarctic.

Watching this film of National Geographic
Set me to thinking just how old is the earth.
It can't possibly be 6000 years as I have been taught in church. But to find out it's man's teachings in the churches that say the earth is 6000 yrs old.

God does not say this, actually God's word the Bible claims the earth is much older than 6000 yrs old, but Millions to Billions of yrs old.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Look archaeologist scientist have discovered down in the red sea, where in the book of Exodus about Moses and Israel crossing the Red sea. Found many chariot's remains and horses bones and human bones. Now that's amazing.
Oh please tell me you haven't fallen for that Ron Wyatt crap.

Many years ago when I was in the 8th and 9th grade. My science teacher would show films of National Geographic, about how scientist found up in the desert mountain's remains of clam shell's fossilized in rocks.
How did these clam shells get way up into these desert mountain's and the ocean being thousand of miles away and not only these clam shell's, but found fish that only can be found in the ocean's, and they to are way up in these desert mountain's. How did they get way up into these desert mountain's that are fossilized in the rocks?
Good question. Exactly how, under any sort of Biblical flood, would they end up on the tops of mountains and become fossilized?

Hey don't tell me that these clams just crawled all the way thousand of miles and thru the desert and then up into the mountains and buried themselves. The same with the fish?
Don't worry, I won't.

That even in the North Antarctic scientist have discovered animals that are land animals but yet these animals are found in the north Antarctic. Explain how these animals got to the North Antarctic.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Faithofchristian

Oh please tell me you haven't fallen for that Ron Wyatt crap.

Good question. Exactly how, under any sort of Biblical flood, would they end up on the tops of mountains and become fossilized?

Don't worry, I won't.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I'm talking about is, those clams and fish got up into those desert mountain's

Alot of people are stuck on the flood of Noah's.like Noah's flood was the only flood of water to come upon the earth.

I like for these people to explain in the book of Genesis 1:2 and explain how or where did this water that is covering the whole earth came from ?

Noah was not even born yet. So this body of water that covered the whole earth in Genesis 1:2, didn't come from the flood of Noah's. Explain ?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Look

It would be if it were true ... but it is not. Ron Wyatt is a liar and a fraud.
These clam shell's and the fish bones date back to Millions to Billions of years ago.

You need to factor in things that are observed and well documented but that you do not understand and thus deny ... like continental drift.
Again, you need to factor in things that are observed and well documented but that you do not understand and thus deny ... like continental drift.
It can't possibly be 6000 years as I have been taught in church. But to find out it's man's teachings in the churches that say the earth is 6000 yrs old.

God does not say this, actually God's word the Bible claims the earth is much older than 6000 yrs old, but Millions to Billions of yrs old.
Billions. Combine that with continental drift and evolution and you have the answers to your questions.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
What I'm talking about is, those clams and fish got up into those desert mountain's
So how did they get up there and become fossilized during a global flood?

Alot of people are stuck on the flood of Noah's.like Noah's flood was the only flood of water to come upon the earth.

I like for these people to explain in the book of Genesis 1:2 and explain how or where did this water that is covering the whole earth came from ?

Noah was not even born yet. So this body of water that covered the whole earth in Genesis 1:2, didn't come from the flood of Noah's. Explain ?
Ok, thanks.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Look

FACT CHECK: Chariot Wheels Found at the Bottom of the Red Sea?

Faithofchristian

Now that's amazing, how even those that are Skeptic Thinking, will go at trying to disprove what these scientist in the National Geographic have found and even proves the dinosaurs bones to date to Millions to Billions of years old.

I'm a Christian believe the earth is Millions to Billions of years old. The dinosaurs bones stands as proof as do those clam shell's and those fish that are found up in the desert mountain's.to date to Millions to Billions of years old. Go Figure People ??

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Now that's amazing, how even those that are Skeptic Thinking, will go at trying to disprove what these scientist in the National Geographic have found and even proves the dinosaurs bones to date to Millions to Billions of years old.
The claim you posted about chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea was incorrect and no such things were actually found. I'm sorry. But now you know.

I'm a Christian believe the earth is Millions to Billions of years old. The dinosaurs bones stands as proof as do those clam shell's and those fish that are found up in the desert mountain's.to date to Millions to Billions of years old. Go Figure People ??

I think you need to Google how mountains are formed.

Faithofchristian

The scare quotes around science aside, I've always found it fascinating how Christian creationists view adjusting to new information to be a flaw rather than a virtue. Says a lot about their psychological need for certainty.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've encountered quite a few Christians who insist that things like special creation of humans, Noah's flood, and the Exodus are facts. But I won't put you in a position where you have to defend things other people say. If you recognize those things as religious beliefs rather than facts, that's good.

Like who?

Look those other people, which are in the most part Christians, have no clue about anything that goes past the creation story on Genesis, that's because what ever their pastors will tell them, that's the truth, Why because my pastor said so. Just how stupid is that?

I am not one of them, I am Christian that believes that the dinosaurs lived upon the earth Millions to Billions yrs ago, which is way before Adam and Eve came to be.

Look.the dinosaurs bones are God's witnesses of a World that then was, But there are those who have no clue how or where the dinosaurs bones got here.

So they come up with all kinds of reasons.

But none of it fits into the reality of the dinosaurs bones nor God's word.

But yet these Christians will say, God's word doesn't say anything about these things. That's all because they follow the teachings of their pastors and not what God actually teaches in his own words.

Faithofchristian

The claim you posted about chariots at the bottom of the Red Sea was incorrect and no such things were actually found. I'm sorry. But now you know.

I think you need to Google how mountains are formed.

So you say, that's because those finding refutes how you want to refute God's word. If you could put aside your refuting and look at what the scientific world does discover of the reality in those things.

It was hard for me at first, just like you,
I too was very skeptical. All because I was taught that all creation started at Adam and Eve, I had to look at the reality of the dinosaurs bones and these other thing that the scientific world were discovering.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you say, that's because those finding refutes how you want to refute God's word. If you could put aside your refuting and look at what the scientific world does discover of the reality in those things.
No. I say it's incorrect, because it it is. The scientific world does not accept your claim (Ron Wyatt's claim, actually). Neither do historians, Biblical scholars and creationists.

I too was very skeptical. All because I was taught that all creation started at Adam and Eve, I had to look at the reality of the dinosaurs bones and these other thing that the scientific world were discovering.
Please don't lecture me about blindly believing a thing when you believe things like this chariot stuff in hopes that it confirms some Bible story.

Faithofchristian

No. I say it's incorrect, because it it is. The scientific world does not accept your claim (Ron Wyatt's claim, actually). Neither do historians, Biblical scholars and creationists.

Please don't lecture me about blindly believing a thing when you believe things like this chariot stuff in hopes that it confirms some Bible story.

So you say, doesn't prove a thing, that only all those things disproves your skeptical thinking. Go Figure

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

One way mountains form is when continents collide and the margins are pushed upwards. This usually means that the bottom of the sea is pushed upwards and becomes the mountains. So the clams and shells in the sea are now at the tops of the mountains.

This is basic geology, by the way. It isn't anything new and it *has* been proved to be true. We can even measure the rate at which some mountains are rising today.

I would point out that those fossils of clams are *in* the mountains, not just on top of them. There are many layers of rock (along with the fossils) that have been pushed up to form those mountains.

On the other hand, a flood like that described in the Bible would (at most) put a years worth of clams in a single layer and even that would be highly unlikely (why would the clams migrate that far so quickly?).

Looks like the mountains are very good evidence that your flood story didn't put those clams up there.

RESOLUTION

Your posts have yet to answer the query.

You have side stepped it and skirted it, and avoided it, but you have NOT addressed it.

So until such time as it is addressed....

What a croc! Tell us all what we were initially talking about.
Well there in lies your problem. You never had a clue and even now you are still stumbling in the dark.

Faithofchristian

I'm sorry you believe things that a simple Google search will reveal as false. Of course, you're free to believe whatever you want. I'm free to point out where you are mistaken.

By the way I never said anything how mountains were formed. All I said was in those mountains in the desert were found in the rocks were clam shell's. And fossilized fish in the rocks in mountains in the desert.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What a croc! Tell us all what we were initially talking about.
Well there in lies your problem. You never had a clue and even now you are still stumbling in the dark.
*yawn*
still waiting for you to actually address what I am inquiring about.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
By the way I never said anything how mountains were formed. All I said was in those mountains in the desert were found in the rocks were clam shell's. And fossilized fish in the rocks in mountains in the desert.
Fair enough.
Please be so kind as tyo levy your opinion on how they got there.

Sapiens

Polymathematician

No scientist has ever made such a claim, in or out of the National Geographic. Wyatt's claim was in one of those "could have been" shows on the History Channel.
Look those other people, which are in the most part Christians, have no clue about anything that goes past the creation story on Genesis, that's because what ever their pastors will tell them, that's the truth, Why because my pastor said so. Just how stupid is that?

I am not one of them, I am Christian that believes that the dinosaurs lived upon the earth Millions to Billions yrs ago, which is way before Adam and Eve came to be.

Look.the dinosaurs bones are God's witnesses of a World that then was, But there are those who have no clue how or where the dinosaurs bones got here.

So they come up with all kinds of reasons.

But none of it fits into the reality of the dinosaurs bones nor God's word.

But yet these Christians will say, God's word doesn't say anything about these things. That's all because they follow the teachings of their pastors and not what God actually teaches in his own words.
That's how science works, hypotheses are proposed and tested, those falsified are discarded, those remaining are fashioned into a powerful and useful theory.

I think you are the one with a hope and a belief system that you advance even in the face of facts that show them to be false and fake.

So you say, doesn't prove a thing, that only all those things disproves your skeptical thinking. Go Figure
Science never proves, it disproves and then builds with what is left standing.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I was telling you to look up how mountains are formed because it would explain why fossils are sometimes found on mountaintops - the bottom of the sea can buckle, fold and rise up to become the top of a mountain, taking the fossils with it.

And I see that someone has been kind enough to explain it to you. :)