• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do creationists have anything new?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you had any clue,

Oh not really, had you any idea or clue about the first earth age, unto which you don't. Now do I care to elaborate on it, No and why should I, In the heading above it does say, Do Creationists have anything New?

Oh, come on! It will be fun to see what you have to say about the 'first earth age'!

Bring it on!

And with evidence, mind you.

Why of course there are alot of things New, but it takes a person with an intellect open mind to have the wisdom of knowledge to comprehend those things that be of God. But all you have is your assumptions and speculations to guide you.so go with that.

No, we actually have evidence, physics, chemistry, and reason. You have theology, superstition, and 'faith'. Which do you think leads to truth? Hint: the first list.

Faithofchristian

Oh, come on! It will be fun to see what you have to say about the 'first earth age'!

Bring it on!

And with evidence, mind you.

No, we actually have evidence, physics, chemistry, and reason. You have theology, superstition, and 'faith'. Which do you think leads to truth? Hint: the first list.

The evidence that you want, it's all there and all is required of you is to add 2+2=4.

With all the evidence that paleontologist scientist and archaeologist scientist have found, There's your evidence. Go Figure

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The evidence that you want, it's all there and all is required of you is to add 2+2=4.

With all the evidence that paleontologist scientist and archaeologist scientist have found, There's your evidence. Go Figure

I have, and so have others. The evidence doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you had any clue,

Oh not really, had you any idea or clue about the first earth age, unto which you don't.

Why of course there are alot of things New, but it takes a person with an intellect open mind to have the wisdom of knowledge to comprehend those things that be of God. But all you have is your assumptions and speculations to guide you.so go with that.
Well, your sarcasm is duly noted, but as for me, I'd rather have discussions with Christians who act like Christians rather than like rabid pit bulls.

As a scientist (retired anthropologist), we actually deal with objectively-derived research and not those stories that were written 2000+ years ago by people whom we do not know and could not have been there at the "creation" of our universe.

Anyhow, I prefer to discuss things with my Christian wife who actually believes in the compassion and fairness that Jesus taught.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The evidence doesn't say what you seem to think it does either?

But evidence, hypothesis, and testing will go far, far deeper than faith and superstition. While we may not be completely right, yet, we have a MUCH better approximation than anything given by religion.

Faithofchristian

Well, your sarcasm is duly noted, but as for me, I'd rather have discussions with Christians who act like Christians rather than like rabid pit bulls.

As a scientist (retired anthropologist), we actually deal with objectively-derived research and not those stories that were written 2000+ years ago by people whom we do not know and could not have been there at the "creation" of our universe.

Anyhow, I prefer to discuss things with my Christian wife who actually believes in the compassion and fairness that Jesus taught.

First your wrong about who was there at the creation of the Universe, God was there, and throughout God's word the old and new testaments gives us what that world that then was, was like.

There are things that are being found in the earth that points back at that time, for they are God's witnesses about that world that first earth age.

But as it is, people are not taught these things, all because, first a person has to know about such things before they can teach about them.

Most people will claim that the earth is only 6000 yrs old, but in God's word proves the earth to be alot older than 6000 yrs old.

But like I said, the evidence is all there, all people has to do is add 2+2 =4.

Take the dinosaurs bones, which are dated to be around to Millions to Billions of years old.
But because christians are taught, that the earth is only 6000 yrs old, and the dinosaurs bones does not fit into their equation, the Christians goes on the attack.
Not realizing that God's word does indeed support that the earth is alot older than 6000 years old.
And everyone else, including yourself, will run with it, but still you can't figure how something that is Millions to Billions of years old, how does this fit into the earth as being 6000 years old?

That's because your running with what christians are being taught by their pastors and not what God teaches in his word.

You as a anthropologist, should know this, that you can not take something that Millions to Billions of years old and to fit into 6000 years old, it just will not fit or work.
Back when I was in the 8th and 9th grade science class's, when I first heard about the dinosaurs bones, that started me down the road to question what I was taught in the church about the earth is only 6000 years old.
I would ask myself, how does this work or fit with the dinosaurs bones that are dated to be Millions to Billions of years old.

That here on one side you have Christians and the other you scientist, one claiming one thing and then on the other one claiming another thing.

So I would reason this inside of myself, who's right and who's wrong. This lead me to only one who would and have the answers to all of this that is God in his word.
And behold, it's all there about that first earth age, of where the dinosaurs bones came from and alot of other things that are found here in the earth.

But what I would like you to do with all your expertise show how to fit Millions to Billions of years into 6000 years?

If you can do that maybe I will listen to what your trying to say?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
First your wrong about who was there at the creation of the Universe, God was there, and throughout God's word the old and new testaments gives us what that world that then was, was like.

Prove these are accurate descriptions of what it was like. You can't, because they aren't.

But what I would like you to do with all your expertise show how to fit Millions to Billions of years into 6000 years?

If you can do that maybe I will listen to what your trying to say?

Why would anyone want to do such a thing? Yes, the Earth is billions of years old. That is good enough to show the Biblical narrative to be wrong. Why try to fit the truth into a falsity?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I never said not implied that the universe is only 6000 years old, so how in the world did you conclude that I did?

Faithofchristian

Prove these are accurate descriptions of what it was like. You can't, because they aren't.

Why would anyone want to do such a thing? Yes, the Earth is billions of years old. That is good enough to show the Biblical narrative to be wrong. Why try to fit the truth into a falsity?

All you have to do to get your evidence what the world was like back Billions of years ago, is look at the discoveries that has been found that alone will give the eye Site to see what that world was like.
You say that the earth is billions of years old, which is right.

Now here's where you go wrong at.
Then you say that the biblical narrative is wrong, No it's not wrong, What is wrong is those Christians who goes about saying the earth is only 6000 years old, There's the wrong.
The biblical narrative of the earth as being Millions to Billions of years old.is Right.

Just because those Christians go by what their pastor's tells them, does not mean the bible supports that to, which the bible does not.
Actually the Bible is in supporting you more about the earth as being Billions of years old, than those Christians who claims the earth as being only 6000 years old.
But you like those Christians know little to nothing, what the bible Actually confirm's.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

All you have to do to get your evidence what the world was like back Billions of years ago, is look at the discoveries that has been found that alone will give the eye Site to see what that world was like.

You say that the earth is billions of years old, which is right it is.

Now here is where you go wrong at.
Then you say that the biblical narrative is wrong, No it's not wrong, What is wrong is those Christians you go about saying the earth is only 6000 years old, There's the wrong.
The biblical narrative of the earth as being Millions to Billions of years old.is Right.

Just because those Christians go by what their pastor's tells them, does not mean the bible supports that to, which the bible does not.
Actually the Bible is in supporting you more about the earth as being Billions of years old, than those Christians who claims the earth as being only 6000 years old.
But you like those Christians know little to nothing, what the bible Actually confirm's.

Faithofchristian

Then you say that the biblical narrative is wrong, No it's not wrong, What is wrong is those Christians who go about saying the earth is only 6000 years old, There's the wrong.

Faithofchristian

I never said not implied that the universe is only 6000 years old, so how in the world did you conclude that I did?

How did you get my comment, that wasn't intended for you.Sorry. some how I was in the speaking to another, you got my comment, instead of the person I was talking to, my apology.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Then you say that the biblical narrative is wrong, No it's not wrong, What is wrong is those Christians who goes about saying the earth is only 6000 years old, There's the wrong.

No, I mean that the Biblical narrative is wrong.

There was no global flood, for example. There was no 'Exodus'.

Faithofchristian

No, I mean that the Biblical narrative is wrong.

There was no global flood, for example. There was no 'Exodus'.

Let me say this. Back let's say about 200 yrs ago, up to our time, Christians are being taught that all things started during the creation week.
But now here comes the dinosaurs bones, saying, through the carbon dating method,
We are Millions to Billions of years old.

But since this does not line up to what Christians have been taught by their pastors, So Everyone jumps on broad, whether they are Christians or not Christians, to ridicule what the carbon dating method will say.

Christians do this because it destroys their dogma if what their Pastor's told them.

And then comes those who are not Christians, saying, see you Christians and your Fairy Tail bible can't explain how these dinosaurs bones out date what you claim the earth is 6000 yrs old.

So these who are not Christians condemn the bible, Not realizing. It's not the bible which is wrong, but what those Christians who were taught by their Pastor's which is wrong.
Look those Christians takes what their Pastor's tell them, then they in turn take that and incorporate it into the bible, so it makes the bible looks like it's saying these things. Unto which the bible is not saying these things.
But it's their Pastor's which are saying these things and not the bible at all.

Look let's say someone comes to me and tells me something about paleontologist, so I turn go about to corporate into the teachings of the paleontologist.
But then here you come saying, the paleontologist don't teach that. But see what your not realizing is that I'm only going by what someone else has said.

Just like what the Christians are doing with their Pastor's.only repeating what their Pastor's told them, Then everyone not realizing turns to bible and starts to condemn it, when in fact the bible never said such a thing.

It's the Christians Pastor's who are misleading them.

Look there is no where in the bible that claims the earth to be 6000 yrs old.

It's the Christians who are being mislead by their Pastor's who say the earth is only 6000 yrs old.

Then everyone comes saying, your Bible is wrong, It's Not the Bible is wrong, but those Pastor's who are wrong and teachings the people wrong.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me say this. Back let's say about 200 yrs ago, up to our time, Christians are being taught that all things started during the creation week.
But now here comes the dinosaurs bones, saying, through the carbon dating method,
We are Millions to Billions of years old.

Technical point: CARBON DATING ISN'T USED FOR DINOSAURS!

Sorry to yell, but it seems that every proponent of religion is ignorant of this simple fact and uses C14 dating in their arguments inappropriately. And yes, i realize you aren't attacking C14 dating here. You are using it as an example. But why not just get *something* right?

Then everyone comes saying, your Bible is wrong, It's Not the Bible is wrong, but those Pastor's who are wrong and teachings the people wrong.

What you seem to not understand is that I don't have a pastor. I don't get my views of the Bible from someone else. I get my views by actually reading the Bible and comparing what it says to what is known from other sources.

Again, let's be very clear: there was no global flood. The story of Noah as described in the Bible is *fiction*.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Sadly, you'll always need something new. No matter how much you think you know you'll never know everything.
cop out.

Your need to dictate to others what they think, feel, believe, etc. reveals much more about you than it will ever reveal about those you dictate to.

I am not the one claiming to know things I cannot know.
That would be you.

Faithofchristian

Technical point: CARBON DATING ISN'T USED FOR DINOSAURS!

Sorry to yell, but it seems that every proponent of religion is ignorant of this simple fact and uses C14 dating in their arguments inappropriately. And yes, i realize you aren't attacking C14 dating here. You are using it as an example. But why not just get *something* right?

What you seem to not understand is that I don't have a pastor. I don't get my views of the Bible from someone else. I get my views by actually reading the Bible and comparing what it says to what is known from other sources.

Again, let's be very clear: there was no global flood. The story of Noah as described in the Bible is *fiction*.

I am not saying that you have a pastor, but what I am saying, is that those pastors stand and tell the people things, then the people inturn want incorporate what they have been told into the bible.

Not realizing the bible does not say anything, what their Pastor's have told them at all.

Look I've come across many Christians and have ask them to show one verse in the bible where it says the earth as being
6000 yrs old.

The first place they run to is in Genesis Chapter 1 And say to me, see right here.

Then I point out to them, look before anything was created and before Adam and Eve came to be, The earth was already here. And who knows how long the earth was there before anything was created during the creation week.

So I tell them, so you can not say the earth was created during the creation week when the earth was already there. Before anything came to be.

But either way, the dinosaurs bones still out date what these other Christians say that the earth is 6000 yrs old.

But I will tell you this, the bible supports those people who say the earth is Millions to Billions of years old.
Than it does those Christians who say the earth is 6000 years old.

Look if you go to the bible in Genesis there you will find in the very first verse 1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Now it doesn't say when God created the heaven and the earth. All it says is.
(In the beginning) Who's to say when that was.

But this is where those Christians take this and apply it to the creation week. So they want me to believe that an all powerful God will create the earth and cover it with water, then some time later come and take the water and put it in it's rightful place as it is now.

Why not just put the water in it's rightful as it is now, Why go thru all that trouble just to turn around and then put the water in it's rightful place as it is now? Why not just do it from the start? And have it done with ?

You see in Genesis chapter 1 verse 2 the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. And then in verse's 9+10, God parted the water so the dry land to appear.

So like I said, Since God is that all powerful, why not just create the earth and then put the water in it's rightful place as it is now, than to create the earth and cover it in water just to remove the water later?
Which makes no Common sense at all ?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not saying that you have a pastor, but what I am saying, is that those pastors stand and tell the people things, then the people inturn want incorporate what they have been told into the bible.

Not realizing the bible does not say anything, what their Pastor's have told them at all.

Look I've come across many Christians and have ask them to show one verse in the bible where it says the earth as being
6000 yrs old.

The first place they run to is in Genesis Chapter 1 And say to me, see right here.

Then I point out to them, look before anything was created and before Adam and Eve came to be, The earth was already here. And who knows how long the earth was there before anything was created during the creation week.

So I tell them, so you can not say the earth was created during the creation week when the earth was already there. Before anything came to be.

But either way, the dinosaurs bones still out date what these other Christians say that the earth is 6000 yrs old.

But I will tell you this, the bible supports those people who say the earth is Millions to Billions of years old.
Than it does those Christians who say the earth is 6000 years old.

Look if you go to the bible in Genesis there you will find in the very first verse 1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Now it doesn't say when God created the heaven and the earth. All it says is.
(In the beginning) Who's to say when that was.

But this is where those Christians take this and apply it to the creation week. So they want me to believe that an all powerful God will create the earth and cover it with water, then some time later come and take the water and put it in it's rightful place as it is now.

Why not just put the water in it's rightful as it is now, Why go thru all that trouble just to turn around and then put the water in it's rightful place as it is now? Why not just do it from the start? And have it done with ?

You see in Genesis chapter 1 verse 2 the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. And then in verse's 9+10, God parted the water so the dry land to appear.

So like I said, Since God is that all powerful, why not just create the earth and then put the water in it's rightful place as it is now, than to create the earth and cover it in water just to remove the water later?
Which makes no Common sense at all ?

Let me just ask. So what?

I am not a Christian. I am an atheist. I don't believe in anything you stated. I don't believe in an all-powerful deity.

Is that clear?

DavidFirth

cop out.

Your need to dictate to others what they think, feel, believe, etc. reveals much more about you than it will ever reveal about those you dictate to.

I am not the one claiming to know things I cannot know.
That would be you.

God does know everything, though. And I know Him. That's good enough.