• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do creationists have anything new?

Faithofchristian

I've been (in various ways) interacting with creationists for over 20 years now. Part of doing that included reading up on the history of creationism and the people who advocate it, so I consider myself to be pretty well versed in creationism and the arguments its adherents put forth. But in looking over the threads here and the discussions therein, something stands out to me......while the creationists who show up and argue for creationism may change over time, the actual arguments they make don't. IOW, the cast changes, but script remains the same.

I've seen many of my fellow science defenders express frustration and/or boredom with how this all goes, where a set of creationists will show up, make a set of arguments, we counter them, and those creationists eventually leave only to be replaced by a new set of creationists who make the same arguments all over again.

Just today I see Guy T. argue that if something isn't experimentally reproduced, it's not science. I've been seeing that sort of ignorant argument from various creationists for years.

I see Deeje saying there are no transitional fossils and making claims about "kinds". Again, I'm sure most of us science defenders have heard that from creationists countless times.

The creationist argument that evolutionary theory is facing "imminent demise" is ridiculed as "the longest running falsehood in creationism", because it can be traced back to 1825! Yet creationists still repeat it today (e.g., the "Dissent from Darwin" list).

For the creationists, I have to ask a couple of things. First, do you even realize that these tired old arguments and talking points have had absolutely zero impact on science? Creationists have been making claims about transitional fossils for over a century, and what impact have they had on paleontology? None. So what exactly do you think will change by repeating them yet again?

Finally.....do you have any new arguments? As noted above, none of your old arguments have impacted science in any way at all, so do you keep repeating them simply because you have nothing else?

If I may ask, what is some of the things that creationists throw at you. To try to disprove you?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
If I may ask, what is some of the things that creationists throw at you. To try to disprove you?
Oh, off the top of my head......

"It's only a theory"

"No transitional fossils"

"No genetic information"

"Explain how X evolved"

"That's adaptation not evolution"

"X is too complex to have evolved"

"Evolution = atheism"

"Piltdown Man"

"Show me a dog turning into a cat"

And so on.....

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
"It's only a theory"
"No genetic information"
"Explain how X evolved"
"Evolution = atheism"
"Piltdown Man"
And so on.....
OMG!!
You forgot the Banana and Crockaduck!!

RESOLUTION

"It's only a theory"

"No genetic information"

"Explain how X evolved"

"Evolution = atheism"

"Piltdown Man"

And so on.....

Just show us how the first life came into existence.

All the other arguments show you study what others say but have no formed opinions of your own as a defense.
If the foundations are unstable the rest topples as a result.
Sand and rock.

Now tell us who is God?

McBell

All the other arguments show you study what others say but have no formed opinions of your own as a defense.
Sand and rock.

Now tell us who is God?
Yes, please show us how the first life came into existence.
"GodDidIt" is not an answer to the question.
It is a lazy minds cop out.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I don't know. At this point in time, it's a bit of a mystery.

Such as?

Sand and rock.
So this is just a variation on the common creationist argument argument "Prove how life originated, or else you can't say anything about how life evolves". Kinda funny given the title of the thread.

Now tell us who is God?
No idea.

Faithofchristian

Since you brought God into the picture, have you any proof yourself, that God doesn't exist. And don't hand any lazy mind cop out's.
Just give your proof of God doesn't exist.

McBell

Since you brought God into the picture, have you any proof yourself, that God doesn't exist. And don't hand any lazy mind cop out's.
Just give your proof of God doesn't exist.
I never made the claim God does not exist.
So your strawman is nothing more than a sad attempt at deflection.

Now, are you going to show us how the first life came into existence or not?
See, you have backed yourself into a corner.
I suspect you know it and that is why the sad attempt deflection.

So, now the ball is in your court.
Are you going to engage in honest discussion or are you going to continue to make a fool of yourself?

Faithofchristian

Are you going to engage in honest discussion or are you going to continue to make a fool of yourself?

I haven't back myself into no corner.why should i go into detail, knowing your going to be nothing but skeptical, which wouldn't prove a thing, only that you don't have a clue as to how anything came to be. If you did you wouldn't be asking. So that tells me, that you yourself have no clue what so ever as to how all things came to be. But yet you try to set yourself up as knowing, but you don'.but you already proved yourself as being skeptical about God.when you said don't give you that God did it. Why should anyone want to go into something when you showed yourself as being with a closed mind. It would be just a wast of time. To even try to converse with such a person.
No one said that you had to accept anything what the other person will say,
But seeing that you do not want to have God brought into the picture shows that you have nothing to refute the existence of God with.

McBell

I haven't back myself into no corner.why should i go into detail, knowing your going to be nothing but skeptical, which wouldn't prove a thing, only that you don't have a clue as to how anything came to be. If you did you wouldn't be asking. So that tells me, that you yourself have no clue what so ever as to how all things came to be. But yet you try to set yourself up as knowing, but you don'.but you already proved yourself as being skeptical about God.when you said don't give you that God did it. Why should anyone want to go into something when you showed yourself as being with a closed mind. It would be just a wast of time. To even try to converse with such a person.
No one said that you had to accept anything what the other person will say,
But seeing that you do not want to have God brought into the picture shows that you have nothing to refute the existence of God with.
All that to merely say you got nothing?
Long winded much?

The fact of the matter is that "GodDidIt' does not explain how life began to exist.
It is nothing more than a bold empty claim.

That is, unless you can show that god actually did it.
But alas, if you could, you would have simply presented it.

So, why all the atypical over dramatic diversionary song and dance over it?
Either present it or move on.
The more you showboat, puff up your chest, defelct, etc. the more it seems you are trying to convince yourself more than any one else.

I wait with bated breath to learn from you what else I think, know, feel, believe, etc.

Faithofchristian

All that to merely say you got nothing?
Long winded much?

The fact of the matter is that "GodDidIt' does not explain how life began to exist.
It is nothing more than a bold empty claim.

That is, unless you can show that god actually did it.
But alas, if you could, you would have simply presented it.

So, why all the atypical over dramatic diversionary song and dance over it?
Either present it or move on.
The more you showboat, puff up your chest, defelct, etc. the more it seems you are trying to convince yourself more than any one else.

I wait with bated breath to learn from you what else I think, know, feel, believe, etc.

As for a Christian, something you don't understand, all things were made by God, for me I will not leave God out of the picture, whether you like it or not.

You seem to think, that because you say, do not say God did it, will settle it. When in fact for a Christian God is the whole working force behind life.

That's like asking a rocket scientist to explain the working of a rocket without the engine. When in fact the engine is the whole working force behind the rocket.

McBell

As for a Christian, something you don't understand, all things were made by God, for me I will not leave God out of the picture, whether you like it or not.

You seem to think, that because you say, do not say God did it, will settle it. When in fact for a Christian God is the whole working force behind life.

That's like asking a rocket scientist to explain the working of a rocket without the engine. When in fact the engine is the whole working force behind the rocket.
So, you are not interested in honest discussion.
No big surprise

Have a nice day.

RESOLUTION

Who said God did it?

You see the truth is that scientist cannot for all their theories show how the first life came into existence.
The point is that without a foundation no theory is proof or factual evidence.

The fact which is apparent is Science is no answer to religion and it has no answer to creation.

The best that scientist can come up with is that it was no accident.
Engineered so it had to be created not an accident.

So I believe that a greater intelligence and power is responsible for life and creation.

We see NOTHING comes from evolution no new life forms with a new life outside that which already exists.

You tell me who the engineer is, who created the first life.

I can tell you why the scientist will never find the answer to the first life on earth.
It is two-fold and you will see by religious views it explains why new life forms do not come into existence.

Genesis 3:17. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

God cursed the ground. No answers to life will be found within the soil of the earth.
Man formed from the soil and unlike animals he received his life breathed into his nostrils from God.

So there is the reason they don't find the answer to the creation and life of the first man from within the soil.

We have separate focuses but on the part of faith there is answers which tell us many things science would do well to learn.

RESOLUTION

I don't know. At this point in time, it's a bit of a mystery.

Such as?

So this is just a variation on the common creationist argument argument "Prove how life originated, or else you can't say anything about how life evolves". Kinda funny given the title of the thread.

No idea.
Thank you for confirming what I have already said:-

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Thank you for confirming what I have already said:-

You can keep making that claim all you like, but until you show where I've done that, it's nothing more than an empty assertion.

Faithofchristian

As you call them creationists, There are those creationists have no idea about how or where the dinosaurs bones came to be here on earth.
The creationists will claim the earth is only 6000 yrs old.

You probably heard this all before Right?

But there are paleontologist scientist and there are Christian paleontologist scientist, who together will claim the dinosaurs bones as being Millions if not Billion of yrs old.
But yet Christians going by what they have been taught, will argue this is all false.

But yet God's word gives support to the paleontologist Discovery that the earth is Millions if not Billions of yrs old.

But even those who have no comprehension of what God's word actually will say. Brings on criticism.

Not knowing, that God's word actually gives more support to what they say about the earth being Millions,Billions of yrs old. Then God's word gives support to what Christians have been taught that the earth being only 6000 yrs old.

McBell

Who said God did it?

You see the truth is that scientist cannot for all their theories show how the first life came into existence.
The point is that without a foundation no theory is proof or factual evidence.

The fact which is apparent is Science is no answer to religion and it has no answer to creation.

The best that scientist can come up with is that it was no accident.
Engineered so it had to be created not an accident.

So I believe that a greater intelligence and power is responsible for life and creation.

We see NOTHING comes from evolution no new life forms with a new life outside that which already exists.

You tell me who the engineer is, who created the first life.

I can tell you why the scientist will never find the answer to the first life on earth.
It is two-fold and you will see by religious views it explains why new life forms do not come into existence.

Genesis 3:17. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

God cursed the ground. No answers to life will be found within the soil of the earth.
Man formed from the soil and unlike animals he received his life breathed into his nostrils from God.

So there is the reason they don't find the answer to the creation and life of the first man from within the soil.

We have separate focuses but on the part of faith there is answers which tell us many things science would do well to learn.
All that to not address the query you quoted?
I am not interested in your exhaustive list of excuses and false accusations.

So are you going to be the fist to show us how the first life came into existence, or are you content with rambling on about your diversion topic?