• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians love Jews and other questions?

Hawkins

Consider that it is a necessity, if God does exist.

=======
In order for a god to have human followers, he needs to leave humans with an infallible reference for humans to get to know him. If he failed to do so. It only means that 1) he never cares about humans, follow him or not, or 2) he doesn't exist.

For this infallible reference to be persistent along the whole path of human history, he needs to assign an earthly authority to make sure that his infallible reference will be kept persistent. Otherwise, there's never a version can be claimed to be genuine.

Again, gods failed to do so either don't care or don't exist. By far, only the Christian God successfully maintained such an earthly authority as a keeper of His infallible Holy Bible. Although this authority shifted in history from the Jews to the Catholics then the Protestants, they are keeping the same version of OT and with the Catholics and Protestants sharing the same NT.
=======

Trampus

That accounts for the historical persection of the Jews for centuries. Their religion is purported to come from ours. Yet we who we there when their man was allegedly living and properly rejected him, is something that is offensive to Christians. So they have taken our bible and mangled it and then appended another bible to it, to prove their beliefs. The Christian OT is NOT the same as the Hebrew Bible.

That´s what I think as well.

And are you saying that the Christian OT has modifications in it, so that it differs from the Hebrew texts/Hebrew Bible?

And also , if Christianity is the ´real deal´ then why don´t they just create their own book from scratch?

It´s a little like saying ´a Mercedes engine is no good´, and then shoving one in a BMW and tra la la, the best car in the world has been produced

It really doesn´t add up.

Akivah

And are you saying that the Christian OT has modifications in it, so that it differs from the Hebrew texts/Hebrew Bible?

Obviously. If our bibles were identical, then it follows that our beliefs would be identical or at least, much closer to being the same.

And also , if Christianity is the ´real deal´ then why don´t they just create their own book from scratch?
They did. They call it the New Testament.

It {Christianity} really doesn´t add up.
I agree.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
1. Do Christians love Jews

My goal is to love everyone equally

2. Is the God in Judaism and Christianity the same?

In some ways yes, in other ways no

3. Will the Jews be saved after death , from a christian perspective

Depends on what Christian you ask

4. Why don´t the Jews believe in Jesus

Jews will tell you

5. Who-when will the Messiah come for the Jews

See above

6. Why do the xians follow the OT when it is the book of another religion

I don't necessarily

InChrist

Free4ever

I would say that Christians who read the scriptures and see Israel as distinct from the church love the Jews and Israel because they they know that God loves Israel and do not feel that God is finished or ever will be with His purposes for Israel. I think that many who call themselves Christians and believe the church has replaced Israel can and have fallen into an anti-Semitism mindset some even to the extreme of hate, but I'm sure not all.

I believe the God of the OT and the NT are the same and that God has progressively revealed more about Himself. During the time of Israel's beginning it was important for the people to understand the concept of ONE GOD in the midst of all the polytheist neighbors surrounding them. I see indications of the plurality of this ONE GOD in the OT, yet it is more fully revealed in the NT as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit being ONE GOD.

According to the Christian perspective anyone, Jew or otherwise will be saved through the Savior Jesus Christ alone.

I can only speak from my perspective. Many Jews did believe Jesus was the Messiah at the time of Christ and many do today. I believe Jewish leaders at the time didn't accept Jesus as the Messiah because they felt that their religious power and authority was threatened by Him. Neither did they take into account the whole prophetic word and revelation of God which not only prophesied a triumphant King who would bring peace, but also a servant Savior and perfect lamb of God who would die for the sins of the world.

I believe the Messiah is Jesus Christ and He will come to save the Jews/Israel when it is betrayed by the antichrist/false Messiah and surrounded by the nations of the world, who become consumed with the perpetual satanically inspired hate for Jews/Israel and come against the nation of Israel in war, as foretold in Ezekiel 38-39; Daniel 9:27;Joel 3:2; Rev. 19:11-21

Christians believe that God has revealed His truths progressively throughout history in the scriptures which culminate in the Person of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Savior of the world. The OT points forward to Christ/Messiah coming to earth to pay for the sins of the world and the NT points back to Him. They both point forward to His final return as victorious King of Kings to bring peace to the earth.

Dena

I'm fairly certain there are quite a few Christians who love me.

I don't think so.

Believe what? In his existence? That's he a god? A savior? A messiah?

Nevermind that, what are we doing to improve the world?

Trampus

Why don´t the Christians just do away with the Old Testament?

Surely it isn´t something to do with the fact that if they did, then no one would have believed in the New Testament, rather like the way they abominated the Pagan gods and turned them into Christian saints in order to get the pagan vote.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
According to the Rabbinical interpretation of such, as well as determination of what the prophecies are supposed to be in the first place.

It is important to recognize the difference between the "Rabbinical/"Normative Judaism" understanding of the Prophecies, and what the text says, and the idea that they're not exactly as clear cut as many would like to think, as well as the fact that we don't know which verses are and aren't a Messianic prophetic interpretation, if they are poetic and hyperbole, if they are to be fulfilled over a very long period of time or not, and what the exact meaning of them, or even the exact translation of them in the first place is.

So how is one to know?
Sounds to me you have merely presented a safety net for all sides of the Jesus' fulfillment of the prophecies debate.

Boyd

Why don´t the Christians just do away with the Old Testament?

Surely it isn´t something to do with the fact that if they did, then no one would have believed in the New Testament, rather like the way they abominated the Pagan gods and turned them into Christian saints in order to get the pagan vote.
The reason Christians continue to use the Hebrew Bible is because it is the foundation of their religion. Jesus, the first disciples, Paul, and the earliest followers were all Jews. Christianity arose out of Judaism, and the earliest members held the Hebrew Bible as sacred, as they still do. In addition, to understand the New Testament, one must also have some passing knowledge of the Hebrew Bible, as it is from the Hebrew Bible that many of the NT writers rely on. It is also the Hebrew Bible in which is called scripture within the NT.

I would be interested in which Christian saints you are referring to though, if you wouldn't mind a quick reply.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
[On the killing of Jesus: ]
Roman =/= Jew
Learn the difference, it could save your life.

The holy Scriptures need to be kept:

Mark 15:
9 “Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?” asked Pilate, 10 knowing it was out of self-interest that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11 But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.

12 “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them.

13 “Crucify him!” they shouted.

14 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”

15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Flankerl

The holy Scriptures need to be kept:

Mark 15:

Why yes of course lets believe a religious document that was written to portray the romans as the good guys in times when christians tried to get on their side and lets ignore historic documents portraying pilate as such a murderous prefect that he was recalled to rome. :rolleyes:

He surely was just doing what the jews wanted him to do!

Shermana

Heretic
A Wild Shermana appears.

I highly doubt the Gospels were written to portray the Romans as the good guys. Just because Pilate didn't see anything wrong with what Jesus did doesn't make him the good guy, he stilled had him flogged before executing him, and the Roman centurions mocked and beat him and insulted him. Likewise, "give to Caesar what is Caesar's" is a way of saying "Just do what you have to do". It's not endorsing them as the good guys, just saying they were large and in charge. Besides, the portrayal of the Pharisee contempt for Yeshua is not that far removed from the Talmudic portrayal, assuming it's the same "Yeshu" who was considered to be born from a Roman Centurion.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

plenty more, hopefully some answers can be had, thanks:)

1. Christians are told that they must love their neighbour as themselves. Every person is precious to God, every person is created in Gods image and every person is deserving of being loved as God loved us. So yes.

2. Christ taught from the hebrew scriptures, he worshiped the God of Abraham his forefather and he was a practicing jew...so yes, the God he taught us to worship is the same one.

3. The scriptures say that at death, the soul dies and the spirit goes out. There is no consciousness after death. Everyone goes to the same place...they return to the dust. The promise is to everyone that God will bring us all back to life. Both good and wicked will be resurrected “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”—Ac 24:15

4. Ask the jews why they dont believe in Jesus... in the first century, they didnt understand his teachings about heaven, they didnt believe that he had a pre-human existence in heaven with God and claimed that he was blaspheming, nor did he prove the be a political messiah who would free them from Roman bondage. There are many reasons why they dont believe in him.

5. The messiah is not only for the jews. He is for 'all nations' as was told the Abraham.

6. The christian scriptures are the explanation of many OT prophecies concerning the messiah. It is also through the Hebrew scriptures that the lineage of jesus can be traced. So we need those scriptures to identify the Messiah and understand how all the prophecies therein will be fulfilled.

Thana

Lady

1- I suppose it's an indivual thing, But generally they don't dislike Jews.
2 - Yes, I believe so.
3 - The Jews are God's chosen people, And in revelations you will see scripture referring to Jews going to heaven, So yes.

CMike

Why yes of course lets believe a religious document that was written to portray the romans as the good guys in times when christians tried to get on their side and lets ignore historic documents portraying pilate as such a murderous prefect that he was recalled to rome. :rolleyes:

He surely was just doing what the jews wanted him to do!

Yeah Pilate consulted the Jews for all his decisions.:rolleyes:;)