• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

aggamon

I have been studying rekigions for ten years and reading bible and quran for many times. Mohammad the founder of Islam was born hundreds years after Jesus the founder of Christian and Mohammad was believed to be a merchant of leather and he would have been to many diffrents places. befor him were there main religions and he might copy and mis up thereligious beliefs of these three greatest religions. Moreover, in quran there must be found the verses of bible and it is definitely copied. Thereafter we cam fenerally say that both Christains and muslim are worshipping the same god despit of being different in points of views.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Many Christians don't worship the same God, with over 35.000 denominations of Christ, protestants can't seem to figure their faith out objectively. Theoretically it is the same Deity, but in practice, each denomination will ascribe Him different attributes. I suppose we could say the same about the Muslims, the same God in theory, but definitely not the same God in practice.

Yes...agreed...

kai

ragamuffin
Many Christians don't worship the same God, with over 35.000 denominations of Christ, protestants can't seem to figure their faith out objectively. Theoretically it is the same Deity, but in practice, each denomination will ascribe Him different attributes. I suppose we could say the same about the Muslims, the same God in theory, but definitely not the same God in practice.

I don't think people really get it! there's no Christ,so no redemption through Christ as there's no original sin to start with and Jesus is just a man albeit a prophet of Islam, no crucifixion, no resurrection,we are not just dealing with different attributes here the God without any doubt has no son and no trinity.any Christians follow that line of thinking?

any Christians without Christ out there?

Last edited:

dadman

kai = "any "christians" without Christ out there ??"

Tons of em . . . . .

. . . . . A Tree and Its Fruit . . . . .

Matthew 7:15 Watch out for false prophets ..
They come to you in sheep's clothing .. but inwardly they are ferocious wolves
16 By their fruit you will recognise them
Do people pick grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles ??
17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit .. but a bad tree bears bad fruit
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit .. and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire
20 Thus .. by their fruit you will recognise them

21 Not everyone who says to me .. Lord Lord
will enter the kingdom of heaven
but only he who does the will ( receives the one whom God has sent ) of my Father who is in heaven
22 Many will say to me on that day .. Lord Lord
did we not prophesy in your name ??
and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles ??

23 Then I ( Jesus ) will tell them plainly . . . . I never knew you .. Away from me you evildoers

The Spirit and the bride say .. Come ! .. And let him who hears say .. Come
Whoever is thirsty .. let him come . . . and whoever wishes ..

let him take the free gift of the water of life . . . . Jesus

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin

Tons of em . . . . .

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire

but only he who does the will ( receives the one whom God has sent ) of my Father who is in heaven

23 Then I ( Jesus ) will tell them plainly . . . . I never knew you .. Away from me you evildoers

Where?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Don'y you get the feeling this is directed at Christians? No other religion on the planet does anything in the name of Yeshua except the Christians....Got the funny feeling this has nothing to do with Muslims....:sad:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes...agreed...
Exactly. That is why I have been given to say the only thing that Christian's and Muslims actually agree on is that there is one god. Things degenerate rather rapidly from that point on...

In effect, they may as well be DIFFERENT gods.

If the same god originated both religions, that god has a pretty perverse sense of humor.

Renji

Tons of em . . . . .

How sure are you that you aren't one of them? Also, do you believe in the idea that if one is a "christian", he/she is "already saved"?

dadman

Lawrence = "do you believe in the idea that if one is a "christian", he/she is "already saved"?"

a person who has placed their trust and faith in Jesus ( according to God's word )
yes .. that person is saved .. but the issue is: who is a real Christian ..
anybody can claim to be Christian .. the criteria is all throughout the New Covenant
but no .. there is no such thing as a Christian without Jesus Christ .. or .. not 'in Christ'

Don't fall for myths about salvation-learn to live in salvation truth.

Last edited:

dadman

Lawrence = "Why do I have this feeling that this thread had become "corrupted" now ?"

So tell me Mr. Lawrence . . .
just how would you define this "corruption" you speak of . . .
I'm curious

Last edited:

Renji

Lawrence = "Why do I have this feeling that this thread had become "corrupted" now ?"

So tell me Mr. Lawrence . . .
just how would you define this "corruption" you speak of . . .
I'm curious

I'd better keep it to myself. You will not take it if I say it boldly and directly to you.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
OP: yes, almost all religions believe in the same thing . . . atonement with what is perceived as the Divine Entity/Absoluteness.

Certainly all three Abrahamic religions do, and without a doubt both Christians & Muslims do.

Bowman

OP: yes, almost all religions believe in the same thing . . . atonement with what is perceived as the Divine Entity/Absoluteness.

Certainly all three Abrahamic religions do, and without a doubt both Christians & Muslims do.

Prove it.