• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Believers want Hell to exist?

Deidre

Since I am not with God today and that does not seem to cause any inconveniences, I suspect I will not be so desperate. At least I can have nice discussions with Einstein and Plato. i expect that conversing with them will be more interesting than conversing with Mother Teresa or shiloh ;)

Ciao

- viole
We might all be together, who knows. lol I don't really think too much about it, to be honest.

Bird123

Frying the kiddies (dunno what that means really :D) sound like something to happen in this life, not the after life. Hell is a final punishment after everything is over and all chances/opportunities are given already. I agree with your approach of out thinking them, but still, will that work? Their should always be a contingency plan. If your approach works, then naturally whom it works with, will not deserve going to Hell. But I don't believe is will work with everyone. Human monsters with always be there, and there will always be who deserves Hell, I believe.

If one has eternity to fry them, then one has eternity to fix them. Which is the only choice which supplies satisfactory results?

Human monsters are people making very bad choices. Life is about learning and change. That is for everyone. Have you made a bad choice in the past which you could no longer choose again? Given enough time everyone learns.

Bird123

The justice is,when giving back the rights to victims.

The victims had two choices 1- forgive 2-(take back his rights) vengeance.

You can't force someone to forgive/love person kill his kids or wife...etc cause "unconditional love", its up to him to forgive or not.

In Islam Allah ask us to forgive,but it choice not obligational.

Do victims really only have two choices? They will be a victim again if you restrict their choices to only two.

Is it all about control with you? It's not about forcing someone to forgive or love the person who killed their kids. Each should freely choose their actions. One can choose not to hate.

You are right. Many would find it hard not to hate. On the other hand, if one chooses hate then no one wins. The only constructive choice is to work at fixing the real problems.

Hate, Revenge and Vengeance only generate more Hate, Revenge, and Vengeance.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If one has eternity to fry them, then one has eternity to fix them. Which is the only choice which supplies satisfactory results?

Human monsters are people making very bad choices. Life is about learning and change. That is for everyone. Have you made a bad choice in the past which you could no longer choose again? Given enough time everyone learns.

But there has to be an ultimate end of either good or bad, and Hell is the bad end. As for fixing in one of those ends, it would be in another life after those criminals deserving of the bad ending did every single ounce of whatever their desires made them do, rendering fixing them them in the next life useless. That could include continuous rape of children every single day they lived in this life, with no single ounce of mercy, knowing it is wrong but insisting on doing it. Now, what do you think of such criminals if they refuse to change and insist on having their (above mentioned) fun in this life?

When you say "life" above, you certainly mean this life, not a next life of judgement.

I did make intentional bad choices, and I deserve what I got for them if I don't repent and stop for real before getting caught for it, and giving myself up to return the right to whom I hurt if my bad choice involved hurting someone. If I don't do that in this life, I should get the deserving punishment for it in the afterlife. This last line brings a point, and that's what if one does something and gets away with it without repenting and returning (or intending of it) the right to whom they hurt? Such some acts are what judgement day is there for.

By the way, I'm Muslim and Hell in my beliefs is not always eternal. Just going to Hell does not mean staying there for ever. It could be just to serve a sentence for sometime. If I'm not mistaken, the OP is about Hell, not eternal Hell.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We might all be together, who knows. lol I don't really think too much about it, to be honest.

If you accept evolution, that is going to be a pretty big family table in Heaven. Actually, there will be only one huge family table ;)

Yo, little rat looking creature, can you hand me the salt? Lol.

Ciao

- viole

Deidre

If you accept evolution, that is going to be a pretty big family table in Heaven. Actually, there will be only one huge family table ;)

Yo, little rat looking creature, can you hand me the salt? Lol.

Ciao

- viole
LOL I'm feeling down, and this comment made me laugh out loud lol so thank you.

Bird123

But there has to be an ultimate end of either good or bad, and Hell is the bad end. As for fixing in one of those ends, it would be in another life after those criminals deserving of the bad ending did every single ounce of whatever their desires made them do, rendering fixing them them in the next life useless. That could include continuous rape of children every single day they lived in this life, with no single ounce of mercy, knowing it is wrong but insisting on doing it. Now, what do you think of such criminals if they refuse to change and insist on having their (above mentioned) fun in this life?

When you say "life" above, you certainly mean this life, not a next life of judgement.

I did make intentional bad choices, and I deserve what I got for them if I don't repent and stop for real before getting caught for it, and giving myself up to return the right to whom I hurt if my bad choice involved hurting someone. If I don't do that in this life, I should get the deserving punishment for it in the afterlife. This last line brings a point, and that's what if one does something and gets away with it without repenting and returning (or intending of it) the right to whom they hurt? Such some acts are what judgement day is there for.

By the way, I'm Muslim and Hell in my beliefs is not always eternal. Just going to Hell does not mean staying there for ever. It could be just to serve a sentence for sometime. If I'm not mistaken, the OP is about Hell, not eternal Hell.

How about this: We are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. With that in mind, one could live in millions of physical bodies throughout eternity. Say the wise and intelligent God returns all our actions back to us. We would come to learn what our actions really mean. How long would it take a murderer to learn murder was wrong if they or the one they loved most was murdered? Goodness returning will also bring knowledge and rewards.

Given enough lives and enough time Good wins simply because it is the most intelligent choice, but sometimes people must live all the choices to understand this.

Are the bad guys getting away with something? If everyone's actions return regardless, everyone ends up good and intelligent.

You know everyone wants to live one life and then have it made. Is that really reality or just a desire to end all adversity? Since so much is learned through the adversity and challenges in life, do you really want all that to end?

What will you do for eternity? If one just dies and has it made, how many experiences will never be done?

Which way is the better, more intelligent way? One way one might decide is to look at our world today. Try having it made and doing nothing. Might be great at first, however it will end in boredom and misery. Eat ice cream for every meal. How long before one gets sick of ice cream?

Society, religions and people focus on blame. They demand punishment and payback. Is this really the only way? Isn't there a better way just as I suggest? When one focuses on blame, revenge and vengeance, is that not just hate? Is that what everyone really wants to do?

Of course, in a multilevel classroom, people have learned different lessons and must be at different levels of understanding. Perhaps seeing the bad choices of others is a good reminder of what the intelligent answers really are. After all, does one really want to go through all that again to learn the same lesson?

It seems mankind likes to place labels and define walls around everything. Does not that restrict and limit our view to all the possibilities?

I have to believe that God has High Intelligence far beyond simply blame, hurt, then hurt back to punish.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
How about this: We are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. With that in mind, one could live in millions of physical bodies throughout eternity. Say the wise and intelligent God returns all our actions back to us. We would come to learn what our actions really mean. How long would it take a murderer to learn murder was wrong if they or the one they loved most was murdered? Goodness returning will also bring knowledge and rewards.

Given enough lives and enough time Good wins simply because it is the most intelligent choice, but sometimes people must live all the choices to understand this.

Are the bad guys getting away with something? If everyone's actions return regardless, everyone ends up good and intelligent.

You know everyone wants to live one life and then have it made. Is that really reality or just a desire to end all adversity? Since so much is learned through the adversity and challenges in life, do you really want all that to end?

What will you do for eternity? If one just dies and has it made, how many experiences will never be done?

Which way is the better, more intelligent way? One way one might decide is to look at our world today. Try having it made and doing nothing. Might be great at first, however it will end in boredom and misery. Eat ice cream for every meal. How long before one gets sick of ice cream?

Society, religions and people focus on blame. They demand punishment and payback. Is this really the only way? Isn't there a better way just as I suggest? When one focuses on blame, revenge and vengeance, is that not just hate? Is that what everyone really wants to do?

Of course, in a multilevel classroom, people have learned different lessons and must be at different levels of understanding. Perhaps seeing the bad choices of others is a good reminder of what the intelligent answers really are. After all, does one really want to go through all that again to learn the same lesson?

It seems mankind likes to place labels and define walls around everything. Does not that restrict and limit our view to all the possibilities?

I have to believe that God has High Intelligence far beyond simply blame, hurt, then hurt back to punish.

Hmm, well put!

I guess our views of how good or bad people can get differ in a way we can't agree. Perhaps the understanding of the nature of Hell and the after life has an effect here too.