• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Believers want Hell to exist?

Bird123

Some religions are heavy with Blame,Judging, and condemnation. Do some people follow these religions because they want Hell to exist? Perhaps some have been hurt by others and want to hurt back. Maybe wanting others to go to Hell makes them feel better about themselves. How many believers want someone to go to Hell?

Is not wanting Hell to exist just a form of hate?

Of course, there are those who want Hell to exist in order to control the actions of others through fear and intimidation.

I know a man that has never been religious. When he was a victim of a bad crime, he suddenly became the poster child for religion. He said he forgave the criminal but I think that act hides the truth. I think he holds unto that religion counting on that criminal burning in Hell. This man refuses to even consider any discussion that does not fit exactly to that religion. I don't think religion is what he really cares about.

so what do you think out there?

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think there are people who use religion to hide from the world and/or who do hope strong faith in divine justice handles things they were either unwilling or incapable of themselves.

Don't see how not wanting hell to exist could be a form of hate. Doesn't make any sense and it would be the less vindictive position.

Deidre

I have mixed thoughts on believing in hell's existence, but seeing that I follow Christianity, on some level, perhaps another plain exists, and it's just an eternal separation from God. Not necessarily a scary, fiery pit...but just an eternal ''home'' where our soul is in despair, because we will no longer be with God. I don't know if it makes a difference to my faith, though. There are many believers who seem to only believe out of fear, and that to me, would be a worse existence than hell itself, should it exist.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Some religions are heavy with Blame,Judging, and condemnation. Do some people follow these religions because they want Hell to exist? Perhaps some have been hurt by others and want to hurt back. Maybe wanting others to go to Hell makes them feel better about themselves. How many believers want someone to go to Hell?

Is not wanting Hell to exist just a form of hate?

Of course, there are those who want Hell to exist in order to control the actions of others through fear and intimidation.

I know a man that has never been religious. When he was a victim of a bad crime, he suddenly became the poster child for religion. He said he forgave the criminal but I think that act hides the truth. I think he holds unto that religion counting on that criminal burning in Hell. This man refuses to even consider any discussion that does not fit exactly to that religion. I don't think religion is what he really cares about.

so what do you think out there?
I believe the Hell exist as kind of justice.

So there people escaped the life punishement so they punished in hereafter.

Bird123

"Hell" is just something that was made up to scare the christians from wanting to do something they want to do. Meaning it was made to control the "mind". That is what I think.

I agree. Do some believers want or believe Hell exists because they want someone to go the Hell? In the appearance of goodness, they can hate.

Bird123

I think there are people who use religion to hide from the world and/or who do hope strong faith in divine justice handles things they were either unwilling or incapable of themselves.

Don't see how not wanting hell to exist could be a form of hate. Doesn't make any sense and it would be the less vindictive position.

You are right. People do hide from the world and themselves. I guess when one desires revenge and can not accomplish that, they count on the belief God will get them. They will hold strong to those beliefs so that in their mind, they have payback. They can do all this and consider themselves righteous in the process.

Bird123

I have mixed thoughts on believing in hell's existence, but seeing that I follow Christianity, on some level, perhaps another plain exists, and it's just an eternal separation from God. Not necessarily a scary, fiery pit...but just an eternal ''home'' where our soul is in despair, because we will no longer be with God. I don't know if it makes a difference to my faith, though. There are many believers who seem to only believe out of fear, and that to me, would be a worse existence than hell itself, should it exist.

Isn't it mankind who discards that which is too hard to fix? It would be a weakness on God's part not to fix the kids instead of abandoning them.

Deidre

Isn't it mankind who discards that which is too hard to fix? It would be a weakness on God's part not to fix the kids instead of abandoning them.

Maybe He wants us to fix ourselves, thus He has given us the ability to make our own choices, good and bad.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Can an eternal punishment without the possibility of redemption really be considered justice? I think not. Would not it be just a form of hate to want Hell for anyone?
I trust in God justice,we humans punish whom made crimes, so also God.

Being arrogant and rebellion against God laws,is also considered.

I don't want hell for everyone.
I think most of human being will access the heaven.
God knows best.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
If you are bringing religion into a general debate, make sure it covers more than Abrahamic ones.
And hell is a fantasy created out of fear.

Bird123

No, no more than wanting heaven to exist is a form of love. Rather, it is a hunger for justice.

Is payback or the attempt to control the actions of others through pain really justice? Perhaps true justice is fixing the underlying problem.

Perhaps wanting heavenly bliss for someone is an act of love.

Bird123

I didn't believe in hell until I had this blind date once, and ...

Sounds like you missed the Great Opportunity to change the world as we know it. I guess now you leave that up to someone else.

There is a thin line between love and hate. Perhaps, on that second date you will discover it was love all along.

Ah yes, in the midst of turmoil you discover Paradise!!! Isn't Love Grand????

Bird123

Maybe He wants us to fix ourselves, thus He has given us the ability to make our own choices, good and bad.

Yes, I think you are right. Each will fix themselves through our free choices. With that in mind, one can not be discarded from the fix it system if one is not fixed. Further, how could one ever be fixed without making bad choices. Sometimes to understand, one must live it.

For true justice, you can't leave the kiddies behind, discarded or fried.

Deidre

Yes, I think you are right. Each will fix themselves through our free choices. With that in mind, one can not be discarded from the fix it system if one is not fixed. Further, how could one ever be fixed without making bad choices. Sometimes to understand, one must live it.

For true justice, you can't leave the kiddies behind, discarded or fried.

I guess we'll find out ...someday :)

Bird123

I trust in God justice,we humans punish whom made crimes, so also God.

Being arrogant and rebellion against God laws,is also considered.

I don't want hell for everyone.
I think most of human being will access the heaven.
God knows best.

I see it a bit different.God has no laws or rules. Isn't mankind the one making the laws, rules, and punishment, using pain in an attempt to control the actions of others????

Isn't there a better more intelligent way?? Isn't God using that way as we speak????

Can you really believe God is having a problem with the kiddies??? What are a few arrogant or rebellious kids? Most all kids are arrogant and rebellious at some point in their lives. Solutions exist for all problems. We can't be frying the kiddies.