• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Avatars Govern Our Perceptions Of Posters?

Wirey

Fartist
And what of those who use a pic of themselves as their avie? :p As I am doing now and have done before at times and others do as well? Does that "say anything" about a person, or "it just is"?

It says you're hot! How you doin'?

I'd put my actual picture up but then all the ladies would be sending me flowers, and chocolates. My marriage isn't up to that kind of pressure!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm trying to work out what my avatar says about me, but I'm kinda stuffed if I know. Anyone want to offer an opinion?

Midnight Rain

I'm trying to work out what my avatar says about me, but I'm kinda stuffed if I know. Anyone want to offer an opinion?
Your avatar is a decorated shield. There is no warrior holding that shield. You hide your identity and perhaps who you truly are from the people in the forum. It is a way to protect yourself and in life you may have issues with trusting others. Not in any paranoid way but in letting them in to see you on a spiritual level.

allfoak

Alchemist
i was going to use this for an avatar but i thought it was a little to revealing.

know-it-all13.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Tigger sounds a lot like 'Trigger'. Tiger's have a hare trigger, and they love to chase rabbits. So...this avatar could mean that the person bearing it has a love of chasing rabbits. :rabbit: Additionally maybe it means they like to go off on tangents? If so then that would give them some characteristics in common with a certain famous stuffed animal on the winnie the pooh cartoon, which brings us back to the subject of tigger which sounds suspiciously like trigger, and so on and so forth.

allfoak

Alchemist
Tigger sounds a lot like 'Trigger'. Tiger's have a hare trigger, and they love to chase rabbits. So...this avatar could mean that the person bearing it has a love of chasing rabbits. :rabbit: Additionally maybe it means they like to go off on tangents? If so then that would give them some characteristics in common with a certain famous stuffed animal on the winnie the pooh cartoon, which brings us back to the subject of tigger which sounds suspiciously like trigger, and so on and so forth.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/You+re+a+*******+_938d4623b4fd4e8fecf2075a29f6d0b7.png