• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do animals have souls?

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Do animals have souls?

I say yes but that they are subject to constant reincarnation

Unlike with humans

Who will all at some point be judged by God and then progress accordingly

That is a belief I hold

I don't believe God will judge any animals because they don't know right from wrong

They have not eaten the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil

So are innocent

And in a state of nature

For instance you cannot punish an animal because they cannot understand
Animals have group souls. So a pack of wolves or hive of bees or a flock of birds share a single soul.

Animals are also judged as a group. So those who do not progress (like dinosaurs) will eventually go extinct.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Claims about the nature of reality are derived from philosophical observations or axioms; it's not really an either-or. Specifically, all claims about the nature of reality are grounded in ontological axioms.

To add, that's a bit of a simplification I suppose. It also involves metaphysics and epistemology.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Do animals have souls?

Unlike with humans

That is a belief I hold

I don't believe God will judge any animals because they don't know right from wrong

They have not eaten the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil

So are innocent

And in a state of nature

the spirit moves in both directions based on service. some animals provide service to others as self, outside of their own species.

love draws all to a higher state.

hate suppresses/pressures all to a lower state.

The Law of One Search Results for ‘reincarnation animal’

be where I AM

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
What if we’re talking about the really big stuff? Like, what does it means to be alive? Who am I, why am I here, where am I going?

That's where philosophy kicks in

That isn't a reality claim, though, like the claim that souls exist as actual objectively real things. The human spirit isn't the same thing as human spirits. Soulfulness =/= souls

RestlessSoul

That's where philosophy kicks in

That isn't a reality claim, though, like the claim that souls exist as actual objectively real things. The human spirit isn't the same thing as human spirits. Soulfulness =/= souls

So if something has no observable material qualities, does that mean it cannot be objectively real?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Claims about the nature of reality are derived from philosophical observations or axioms; it's not really an either-or. Specifically, all claims about the nature of reality are grounded in ontological axioms.

To add, that's a bit of a simplification I suppose. It also involves metaphysics and epistemology.

Disagree, because this neglects the practical differentiation between the objective observations and evidence as in science concerning the physical nature of reality, and the subjective and anecdotal of theology and philosophy.

The belief in God(s) and souls are specifically subjective and anecdotal in terms of the evidence that supports these beliefs, and those believes in spiritual realms beyond the physical.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
So if something has no observable material qualities, does that mean it cannot be objectively real?

It means that it is better to suspend belief that something is objectively real until there is sufficient varifiably consistent and repeatable evidence. There are many things we can suspect to be true, but to believe that they are true is something completely different

What we know about objective reality is just a tiny fraction of what is actually there. It could be that souls actually exist as a tangible thing and science just hasn't come along far enough to detect them in a sufficient way. But to believe something to be objectively real without a sound foundation of good evidence risks beliefs in other things, especially if they rely on those untested things, to give a false sense of reality to a much greater degree

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It means that it is better to suspend belief that something is objectively real until there is sufficient varifiably consistent and repeatable evidence. There are many things we can suspect to be true, but to believe that they are true is something completely different

What we know about objective reality is just a tiny fraction of what is actually there. It could be that souls actually exist as a tangible thing and science just hasn't come along far enough to detect them in a sufficient way. But to believe something to be objectively real without a sound foundation of good evidence risks beliefs in other things, especially if they rely on those untested things, to give a false sense of reality to a much greater degree

I question the above generalization in bold. Needs further explanation.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I question the above generalization in bold. Needs further explanation.

Well, every year we uncover something we didn't know before or gain tangible results from something that hadn't been tested fully yet. This hasn't slowed down and has only increased exponentially as we've gotten a better understanding of reality and the rules that govern it. If this is the upward trend that has been going on since the scientific process has first been put into practice, why should that trend falter now?

Moreover we are doing all of this on a tiny spec of dust that exists within a seemingly infinite cosmos, and we haven't even come close to discovering all there is to discover even on our own tiny spec of dust. The prospects are limitless

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, every year we uncover something we didn't know before or gain tangible results from something that hadn't been tested fully yet. This hasn't slowed down and has only increased exponentially as we've gotten a better understanding of reality and the rules that govern it. If this is the upward trend that has been going on since the scientific process has first been put into practice, why should that trend falter now?

Moreover we are doing all of this on a tiny spec of dust that exists within a seemingly infinite cosmos, and we haven't even come close to discovering all there is to discover even on our own tiny spec of dust. The prospects are limitless

Yes, we discover new scientific knowledge of basic sciences and somethings have not been tested yet but the increase in knowledge is most definitely no exponential. The increase in knowledge has significantly slowed jn the basic sciences, though the increase in the application of science in technology and industry has greatly increased and possibly exponentially as in nanotechnology the computer sciences like AI..

I do not consider the increase in the basic sciences limitless, but as far the knowledge of the application of the sciences I cannot project a limit.

some applied sciences like my field Geology there is a large increase in knowledge of discoveries, mostly reinforcing existing knowledge of fields like evolution and the history of the earth. The age and origins of life, the earth, and our universe has not change much in recent history, but we have more details.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Man's teaching to stop satanic mans machine evil practices said...if you don't have a soul you'll die.

Animals evil attack each other don't have souls. Fake preaching.

As men who attack humans can't have souls either. Said to bring order about self control.

Said as humans wanted control and order over humans family behaviours.

As mass heavens owns any type of change occurring in its body mass.

Which is not a single minded human theists belief.

As theists depicted God as O G spiralling inference. They said God produces the cooling soul effect above that keeps all life safe.

It's why I once ignored God teachings as no man is God was human taught too.

As everything Including planet earth sits inside heavens mass and it's all protected by the same situation.

Hence if our evil brothers first hadn't decided to go against meek natural family life ....that teaching would not even exist.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

As per the topic of the thread as the objective knowledge increases there are the limits objective knowledge of our universe based on science. Beyond this is the subjective anecdotal evdence and many diverse conflicting claims of knowledge of what may be beyond our physical existence.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't think souls exist at all. At its most useful and most advisable "soul" is a concept that works as a reminder that people can go through joys, griefs and expectations that make a measure of empathy and respect necessary.

Once you try to treat them as actual property with some sort of boundaries things get hopelessly tricky and unworkable.

You would have to decide rather arbitrarily whether domestic pets have souls; whether fish do; whether worms, fungi, bacteria do; whether grass blades do; whether rocks and waterfalls do.

There isn't really a clear answer when you attempt to apply a binary "soul-no soul" description to what seems to me to be in reality a whole spectrum of perception, empathy and respect. There isn't a magical attribute that makes some sorts of entities worthy while others are not.

It becomes even trickier to work with soul-concepts if you consider them reincarnable. Are they linked to memories of previous lives in some way? If not, then it is not clear that they mean anything at all. If instead there is a link to reincarnating souls and memories of lived experiences, then the concept becomes even trickier to work with, for memories shape personalities, and many people go through a very noticeable,sometimes painfully prolonged period of growing dysfunction and eventual collapse. What happens to the souls of those people? Are they expected to reincarnate with the marks of those periods of decline? If so, what does that mean, if anything? Are some life experiences forgotten when a soul reincarnates? What can a soul mean if it isn't tied to memories?

I don't think that can be made to work.

Ultimately, souls are a concept that seems to have arised in order to express consideration for people, but they don't seem to correspond to actual attributes of actual people.

shivsomashekhar

Do animals have souls?

Unlike with humans

That is a belief I hold

So are innocent

And in a state of nature

Eddi,

No humans I know have eaten any type of “forbidden” fruit.