• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire for ‘non-consensual’ kiss with Prince Charming

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Good grief!!!! That's all I have to say.

According to an editorial by SFGATE, the ride itself is “really good” and “preserves much of the charm” of what originally opened in 1955. The problem, according to the editorial, comes when Prince Charming kisses Snow White “without her consent”.

“A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she’s asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it’s happening,”

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire for ‘non-consensual’ kiss with Prince Charming | WJBF

I truly hope this does not become bigger than some overly sensitive op-ed commentary.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nope. Im just pointing out in my opinion all this sensitivity and I'm offended crap is getting out of hand.
But that's all you're giving us with this thread: you're offended because some op-ed writer at SFGate wrote a review of a Disney ride that's overall positive but not universally glowing, and the author wasn't sensitive enough to the feelings of the out-of-touch people who you think they should tiptoe around.

They're not calling for anything to be "cancelled;" they like the ride overall. They even said the kiss part is fine if you take a mental step back and appreciate it as a fairy tale.

They're not criticizing something that's attached to some precious childhood memory of yours; this feature on the ride was just added.

So it sounds like you're just fine with "all this sensitivity and I'm offended crap" as long as it isn't coming from people you disagree with. If you really were sick of it overall, you wouldn't have created a thread about how offended you are that some op-ed writer wasn't sensitive to your feelings.

And once again to use your favorite line "you did not answer my question".
Aww, muffin.

We Never Know

No Slack
But that's all you're giving us with this thread: you're offended because some op-ed writer at SFGate wrote a review of a Disney ride that's overall positive but not universally glowing, and the author wasn't sensitive enough to the feelings of the out-of-touch people who you think they should tiptoe around.

They're not calling for anything to be "cancelled;" they like the ride overall. They even said the kiss part is fine if you take a mental step back and appreciate it as a fairy tale.

They're not criticizing something that's attached to some precious childhood memory of yours; this feature on the ride was just added.

So it sounds like you're just fine with "all this sensitivity and I'm offended crap" as long as it isn't coming from people you disagree with. If you really were sick of it overall, you wouldn't have created a thread about how offended you are that some op-ed writer wasn't sensitive to your feelings.

Aww, muffin.
Its all clear now. You are not only making excuses for the person that wrote it but you are also attacking me because it offended you that I shared it and said its getting stupid and out of hand.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Its all clear now. You are not only making excuses for the person that wrote it but you are also attacking me because it offended you that I shared it and said its getting stupid and out of hand.
No, I'm just holding up a mirror to the hypocrisy in your OP.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
What I actually find offensive is how thoroughly the Disney Corporation has monopolized ancient European fairytales.

Watchmen

Premium Member
But that's all you're giving us with this thread: you're offended because some op-ed writer at SFGate wrote a review of a Disney ride that's overall positive but not universal......

This wasn’t just some one off comment. It went viral and the author likely knew it would. It was recently featured during SNL’s Weekend Update. I think the OP is right to use this as an example to criticize so-called “woke” culture.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
This wasn’t just some one off comment. It went viral and the author likely knew it would. It was recently featured during SNL’s Weekend Update. I think the OP is right to use this as an example to criticize so-called “woke” culture.
"Don't kiss people when they're unconscious" is "woke culture" now?

I just think it's funny when people who complain about "sensitivity" and how people get offended at everything seem to be the loudest to demand sensitivity for their own feelings and the quickest to get offended at things other people say.

Watchmen

Premium Member
"Don't kiss people when they're unconscious" is "woke culture" now?

I just think it's funny when people who complain about "sensitivity" and how people get offended at everything seem to be the loudest to demand sensitivity for their own feelings and the quickest to get offended at things other people say.
Or maybe you’re making assumptions about the OP and others who think this is ridiculous.

We Never Know

No Slack
If I'm wrong and @We Never Know isn't:

- offended by the article, or
- thinks that people shouldn't publish similar things that offend his sensibilities,

... then I invite him to say so.

Aww, muffin. I already told you more than once it didn't offended me and said the sensitive and offended people need to rein in their stupidity. However that statement offended you and you started attacking me and the OP while defending the writer.
That little muffin is reality.