• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire for ‘non-consensual’ kiss with Prince Charming

We Never Know

No Slack
Good grief!!!! That's all I have to say.

According to an editorial by SFGATE, the ride itself is “really good” and “preserves much of the charm” of what originally opened in 1955. The problem, according to the editorial, comes when Prince Charming kisses Snow White “without her consent”.

“A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she’s asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it’s happening,”

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire for ‘non-consensual’ kiss with Prince Charming | WJBF

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
“A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she’s asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it’s happening,”

"Good grief, Charlie Brown". They've never heard of unrequited love? Do we need to invoke informed consent when Aunt Bertha kisses a 6-year old boy who does NOT want to be kissed especially by Aunt Bertha? Do we need to restrict who can change a baby and wipe a bottom?

I'm pretty woke but this is over the line.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought of a solution!
Snow White signed a living will that authorized
all appropriate medical/magical treatment for
resuscitation if she became incapacitated.
Post the document prominently at her bedside.

Last edited:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
B63B7B68-DB83-4FD0-9BE4-A46D017BE36A.png
1427A43F-03CE-4E11-BA19-74D269AE7CCA.jpeg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The exact same kind of kiss happens in Sleeping Beauty.
But Aurora and Philipp were already in love and in a relationship...so I guess the consent was implicit...

;):)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

According to an editorial by SFGATE, the ride itself is “really good” and “preserves much of the charm” of what originally opened in 1955. The problem, according to the editorial, comes when Prince Charming kisses Snow White “without her consent”.

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire for ‘non-consensual’ kiss with Prince Charming | WJBF
The term bat**** crazy has just been elevated to a new level.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I'm not so versed in the American bastardizations of good old European fairy tales. Isn't the awakening kiss from Sleeping Beauty? (Who is 116 at that time) In the original Snow White the dwarfs agree to transport Snow White to the prince's castle in a glass coffin but one of dwarfs stumbles which makes her spit out the bite from the apple that poisoned her.
Just go back to the original. Problem solved.
(Seems the brothers Grimm where more woke in the 19th century than Disney is in the 21st.)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

So... the ride itself isn't being changed. The ride hasn't even been condemned.

All that's happened is that one writer wrote one editorial that largely praised the ride, but criticized one aspect of it.

Is your worldview really so fragile that you see this as a threat?

We Never Know

No Slack
So... the ride itself isn't being changed. The ride hasn't even been condemned.

All that's happened is that one writer wrote one editorial that largely praised the ride, but criticized one aspect of it.

Is your worldview really so fragile that you see this as a threat?
I think its time for all the sensitive and offended people to rein it in. Would that include you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think its time for all the sensitive and offended people to rein it in. Would that include you?
It seems that some are embarrassed by the antics of more
extreme SJWs. So it's necessary harsh you for posting it.
Little do they know that this enhances the entertainment.

We Never Know

No Slack
It seems that some are embarrassed by the antics of more
extreme SJWs. So it's necessary harsh you for posting it.
Little do they know that this enhances the entertainment.
Yes it does. I'm not sure if its embarrassment or that they support it but won"t admit it so they get harsh instead lol

And don't get me started on the Princess and the Frog...

The poor frog never consented to that inter-species sexual assault either! :kissingheart::frogface: