• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion: A Conversation Between Fish-Hunter and Dopp

tomspug

Absorbant
doppelgänger;1177425 said:
A paste made from Taro, a very starchy vegetable common to the Pacific Islands. EDIT: In the Philippines, you might know taro as "gabi".
It is also the most tasteless thing ever made... And it's impossible to get in the states!

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
hey you sound like me except that i have never been to the philippines. My wife is an american citizen but she was born in the Visayas and moved here when she was 4. where is your wife from?

I think you were responding ot Kung Fuzed. My wife was born in Baltimore. She's a haole (white in Hawaiian slang). Are you saying that your wife is from the Philippines like Kung Fuzed tall white Filipino? People from the Philipines tend to be Roman Catholic. Hey did you guys convert your wives to Mormonism? :sad4: I am Filipino, therefore all of our kids may look alike.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I think you were responding ot Kung Fuzed. My wife was born in Baltimore. She's a haole (white in Hawaiian slang). Are you saying that your wife is from the Philippines like Kung Fuzed tall white Filipino? People form the Philipines tend to be Roman Catholic. Hey did you guys convert your wives to Mormonism? :sad4: I am Filipino, therefore all of our kids may look alike.
Seeing that in my post i had quoted Kung, i was clearly talkign to him.

You're a filipino, then why aren't you Roman Catholic?

My wife was Roman Catholic and she convered to the LDS faith by herself after we got married.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
hey you sound like me except that i have never been to the philippines. My wife is an american citizen but she was born in the Visayas and moved here when she was 4. where is your wife from?
My wife is from Davao City in Mindanao. I met her online and brought her here on a K1 fiancee visa.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
Seeing that in my post i had quoted Kung, i was clearly talkign to him.

You're a filipino, then why aren't you Roman Catholic?

My wife was Roman Catholic and she convered to the LDS faith by herself after we got married.

I do think about my past quite a bit, and the sovereign hand of God in my life. I do believe in generational Christianity. God seemed to have skipped a generation in my family. My parents were born in Hawaii. Three of my four Grandparents are from the Philipines and one of them converted to Protestantism from Roman Catholicism before migrating to Hawaii as young adults. My Grandmother on my mom's side was born in Hawaii and brought up Seventh Day Adventist. My Mom was brought up in a strict Protestant (Congregational) environment, and my Dad was a nominal Catholic but didn't go to church. My family stop going to a protestant church (Filipino Methodist Church) when I was in 3rd grade because we moved. My brother was a pro surfer, and we lived a wild pagan surfing partying life all through my youth, and young adult life in southern CA. I really wonder how I personally came back full circle to my Christian roots from my Mom's side, especially considering my personal life. I attribute everything to the grace of God, because I was spirituality blind as could be.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I do think about my past quite a bit, and the sovereign hand of God in my life. I do believe in generational Christianity. God seemed to have skipped a generation in my family. My parents were born in Hawaii. Three of my four Grandparents are from the Philipines and one of them converted to Protestantism from Roman Catholicism before migrating to Hawaii as young adults. My Grandmother on my mom's side was born in Hawaii and brought up Seventh Day Adventist. My Mom was brought up in a strict Protestant (Congregational) environment, and my Dad was a nominal Catholic but didn't go to church. My family stop going to a protestant church (Filipino Methodist Church) when I was in 3rd grade because we moved. My brother was a pro surfer, and we lived a wild pagan surfing partying life all through my youth, and young adult life in southern CA. I really wonder how I personally came back full circle to my Christian roots from my Mom's side, especially considering my personal life. I attribute everything to the grace of God, because I was spirituality blind as could be.

doesn't look like much has changed considering you walk aroudn with spiritual blinders to everything that contradicts what you think to be.

Fish-Hunter

Rejoice in the Lord!
doesn't look like much has changed considering you walk aroudn with spiritual blinders to everything that contradicts what you think to be.

The only contradiction is between Mormons and non-believers. I didn't expect to find unity on this religious pluralism website. Here is the unity of the Historic Christian Faith:

Monergism.com :: Classic Articles and Resources of the Historic Christian Faith

Historic Church Documents at Reformed.org

Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, Inc

Desiring God :: God-centered resources from the ministry of John Piper

Welcome to Ligonier Ministries

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
oh wow, was it one of those online dating services or chat room, forum, random chance associations?
We actually met on ldsmingle.com about six months after my divorce. I wasn't looking for someone so far away, but she sent me a smile and she was cute so we became friends. We emailed, chatted, and text messaged each other constantly every day for two and a half years before I could finally bring her into the country. I know it sounds crazy. I'm not one of those desperate old men looking for a concubine or servant. But when you find "the one" you'll do absolutely anything to be with her.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
We actually met on ldsmingle.com about six months after my divorce. I wasn't looking for someone so far away, but she sent me a smile and she was cute so we became friends. We emailed, chatted, and text messaged each other constantly every day for two and a half years before I could finally bring her into the country. I know it sounds crazy. I'm not one of those desperate old men looking for a concubine or servant. But when you find "the one" you'll do absolutely anything to be with her.

that's a wonderful story. my mother met a guy online and moved to beligum to be with him. they met playing Pool on yahoo games. pretty crazy where you meet people.

interesting that you met on an lds site. is she lds?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
The only contradiction is between Mormons and non-believers. I didn't expect to find unity on this religious pluralism website. Here is the unity of the Historic Christian Faith:

Monergism.com :: Classic Articles and Resources of the Historic Christian Faith

Historic Church Documents at Reformed.org

Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals, Inc

Desiring God :: God-centered resources from the ministry of John Piper

Welcome to Ligonier Ministries

and i still have yet to click your links because i just really don't even care. :D

i suggest sticking to your own belief instead of trying to tear down others (no snickering Katz i learned my lesson)

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
that's a wonderful story. my mother met a guy online and moved to beligum to be with him. they met playing Pool on yahoo games. pretty crazy where you meet people.

interesting that you met on an lds site. is she lds?
Technically she's LDS. She hasn't been active in many years and is probably still on the books as being a member, but she doesn't express any interest in going back.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Technically she's LDS. She hasn't been active in many years and is probably still on the books as being a member, but she doesn't express any interest in going back.

my Sympathies and prayers are with you and i hope that maybe one day you will return. Excommunication is not a condemnation, it is a relase of covenants to make repentance easier. we can always recover from wherever we are in life.

I'm suprised i was not excommunicated after my 5 years stint of inactivity. "ebaucherous fun" as you put it, and I am definitely not proud of it anymore. and realized that sometimes we have to learn from our own mistakes rather than the mistakes of others. I never lost my testimony, i just didn't want to "follow the rules" but then i learned that the rules are there to protect us from harms way, not to restrict us. they truely are to perfect us and have us reach our potential as Children of our heavenly father.